***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He's going to juco first. We'll have 4 QBs on roster at most if he were to come here after this season.

Gracias!

You don't see him coming in and  sitting out until after the season?Seems like if he is visiting, we are trying to get him on campus sooner. do you have a link?

Edited by ellitor

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He's going to juco first. We'll have 4 QBs on roster at most if he were to come here after this season.

I know that. I counted 5 as in Him, White, Queen, JF3, & Woody. 

Edited by ellitor

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Which JUCO?

Edited by ellitor

Some notes

-Made the visit today w/ his dad & girlfriend who attends Baylor now

-Will have 3 to play 3 starting the 2017 season

-Going to juco for the 2016 season

-#2 Dual QB out of High School in 2015

-Likely an AU/aTm battle

-Don't know but would think he will be a January enrollee to give him a leg up to win the starting job somewhere

-How would Stidham affect Mond if aTm is the pick? Mond is an aTm commit himself & plans to be a January enrollee.

27 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Gracias!

You don't see him coming in and sitting out until after the season?Seems like if he is visiting, we are trying to get him on campus sooner. do you have a link?

1. No There was an article 2 weeks ago saying he was going to juco 1st. No point sitting at another D1 school for a year in 2016 when you can play juco ball & possibly increase your offers.

Edited by ellitor

26 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I know that. I counted 5 as in Him, White, Queen, JF3, & Woody. 

My bad. We have 5 on roster now FWIW. Staff likes to have at least 4 at all times.

Just now, ellitor said:

My bad. We have 5 on roster now FWIW. Staff likes to have at least 4 at all times.

Would you include Tray Bishop in this group also? That could be 6. I assume he'll get a RS though to develop as a QB...if he sticks at QB. 

18 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Would you include Tray Bishop in this group also? That could be 6. I assume he'll get a RS though to develop as a QB...if he sticks at QB. 

No. I have not heard anything about Tray being an EE which he would need to be. If we got Stidham or Mond I expect us to move Trayto WR within the first week like Jason Smith unless a couple QBs leave.

Edited by ellitor

40 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well I'll be darn. Per this article he plans to transfer to a juco that does not have a football program. Link

"allows him to keep 3 years of eligibility" smart move if he wants to remain a long term contributor somewhere else. all he has to do is stay in generally the same football shape, which shouldnt be too hard in the state of Texas

10 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

"allows him to keep 3 years of eligibility" smart move if he wants to remain a long term contributor somewhere else. all he has to do is stay in generally the same football shape, which shouldnt be too hard in the state of Texas

He was going to have 3 years left to play anyway so that was a miscue in the article.

13 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Depending on what happens with Gus...depends on how much I want him

Gus ain't going anywhere barring a 3-9 repeat of 2012. And this kid can play in a running or passing system. You should want him regardless given our questions at QB.

They need to put a full-court press on this kid. Impressed the hell out of me when I saw him play his first game at Baylor.

35 minutes ago, DAG said:

They need to put a full-court press on this kid. Impressed the hell out of me when I saw him play his first game at Baylor.

I'm thinking they have.

7 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I like the idea of bringing him in. For a true freshman...I thought he done well while he played. Only problem if we bring him in...we'll have 5 quarterbacks on scholly. That's a bit much. I see TQ or SW leaving IF he comes here. 

Honestly, I wonder if Queen is going to bail anyway.  He's been held back so much by injuries that the idea of getting a start is becoming less and less likely.  He'd have a better chance getting a chance to show his skills at a smaller school, at this point.

35 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Agree

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Especially if we can get Kendall to be our next OC

I thought we wanted a proven OC and QB developer.  Kendal Briles is in what his 2nd going on 3rd year, Plus he's been suspended for recruiting violations and associated with his father with the Baylor fiasco...  

Not saying it'd be a bad hire but if Rhett/Gus don't get it turned around this year is Rhett the scapegoat?

If he had gone to junior college and played this fall, he would have had 3 years to play 2 starting in 2017. Not 3 to play 3. He burned his first year of eligibility last year at Baylor; his second would have been playing JUCO ball; and he would've reported as a true Junior, likely in January of 2017.

I always assumed he would either transfer to a Power 5 school and take his redshirt, go to a non-football JUCO, or redshirt at a JUCO with a football program. I never thought he'd burn a year of playing time this fall.

If I'm picking between Stidham and Mond, I'd much rather have the former.

43 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I thought we wanted a proven OC and QB developer.  Kendal Briles is in what his 2nd going on 3rd year, Plus he's been suspended for recruiting violations and associated with his father with the Baylor fiasco...  

Not saying it'd be a bad hire but if Rhett/Gus don't get it turned around this year is Rhett the scapegoat?

We want the best OC & QB coach we can get. Have not seen anything where he was associated for the fiasco at Baylor. His suspension was for a secondary vialation on an evalk. Very far from a big deal. As for his time coaching I trust Bird. He coaches in the area & likely has some good knowledge on KB.

Strong possibility Rhett moves on regardless of what happens this year.

37 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

If he had gone to junior college and played this fall, he would have had 3 years to play 2 starting in 2017. Not 3 to play 3. He burned his first year of eligibility last year at Baylor; his second would have been playing JUCO ball; and he would've reported as a true Junior, likely in January of 2017.

I always assumed he would either transfer to a Power 5 school and take his redshirt, go to a non-football JUCO, or redshirt at a JUCO with a football program. I never thought he'd burn a year of playing time this fall.

If I'm picking between Stidham and Mond, I'd much rather have the former.

Look up half a page. The plan now is indeed to go to a juco that does not have a football program. He would not burn a playing year this year. He would indeed have 3 to play 3 stating in 2017.

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Gus ain't going anywhere barring a 3-9 repeat of 2012. And this kid can play in a running or passing system. You should want him regardless given our questions at QB.

Every game I seen from him,  he was legit. I just have a very wavering belief in Gus right now,  and am letting that affect my decision making. 

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Look up half a page. The plan now is indeed to go to a juco that does not have a football program. He would not burn a playing year this year. He would indeed have 3 to play 3 stating in 2017.

Why go to a Juco and not AU (or wherever)?  If he is not going to play,. He could enroll at AU and be a R.S Soph next season.  Btw,. I would take him over Mond any day.  

Then next year you have the following.  

1-Jr. White 

2- Red Shirt Soph- Stidham

3 Red Shirt Frosh- Barrett

4- True Frosh- Gatewood