***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Believe what you want. I'm just telling you what's going on in the program. JJ wants stability. Gogue likes JJ which makes him safe as long as Gogue is there. @augolf1716 & @RunInRed , who are connected, can back me up on this when they get online if they so choose.

I believe those statements. But the outcry over consecutive mediocre seasons would be......hell, I'm not sure Webster's has a strong enough word for it.

We all know...social media is MUCH louder, more broad and reaches deeper than it was in 1992, 1998 or 2012.

Heck, even the NCAA listened when the public voiced their displeasure over the Playoff Semis on NYE.

The Auburn Family simply won't stand for consecutive mediocre seasons without an immediate bombshell plan in place i.e. Briles.

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I think would have been at least interesting if it was following him. The official AU account, which that is,  usually only follows just current & former players as well as commits.

Why viper is saying is that Stidham isn't a former, or current player. He is not a commit either. Does @footballAU always follow target recruits as well?

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I didn't ask a question. Thatch said the official AU account was following Stidham. I checked and saw the account was not following Stidham. I made it a point to say the account was not following JS because it would have been at least interesting if it was following him since it usually only follows former & current players as well as commits.

Read his post again. Then it will make sense.

"JS last Twitter follow was @FootballAU. He also follows Gus and Rhett."

I feel like we're back in Junior High English class.

Edited by VipersStrike1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

I believe those statements. But the outcry over consecutive mediocre seasons would be......hell, I'm not sure Webster's has a strong enough word for it.

We all know...social media is MUCH louder, more broad and reaches deeper than it was in 1992, 1998 or 2012.

Heck, even the NCAA listened when the public voiced their displeasure over the Playoff Semis on NYE.

The Auburn Family simply won't stand for consecutive mediocre seasons without an immediate bombshell plan in place i.e. Briles.

The only way the common fan voice has an impact is if they don't go to games & do so in large numbers.

Social media had absolutely nothing to do w/ the NCAA moving the playoff games from NYE. They are moving them because ESPN lost a crap ton of money & viewership.

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Why viper is saying is that Stidham isn't a former, or current player. He is not a commit either. Does @footballAU always follow target recruits as well?

Not usually which is why I thought it would be at least note worthy if Thatch had been correct in saying the AU account was following him.

The only way the common fan voice has an impact is if they don't go to games & do so in large numbers.

Social media had absolutely nothing to do w/ the NCAA moving the playoff games from NYE. They are moving them because ESPN lost a crap ton of money & viewership.

I suppose we'll agree to disagree. Where's that "Mark My Words" thread?

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Believe what you want. I'm just telling you what's going on in the program. JJ wants stability. Gogue likes JJ which makes him safe as long as Gogue is there. @augolf1716 & @RunInRed , who are connected, can back me up on this when they get online if they so choose.

Things are about to get interesting. I'm told sooner than later Gogue will be announcing his retirement as President of AU. A search committee for Gogue's replacement is being formed as I type this. FWIW.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Read his post again. Then it will make sense.

"JS last Twitter follow was @FootballAU. He also follows Gus and Rhett."

It makes perfect sense. Thatch may not have meant it that way but the way he words the 1st sentence reads to me as AUFootball was the last account to follow him. Then he says JS follows other accounts. I may be wrong and fine if I am but that's how it reads to me.

After seeing Stidham's following section it's clear I'm wrong & misinterpreted Thatch's post. My apologies to the board for the derailment.

Edited by ellitor

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Things are about to get interesting. I'm told sooner than later Gogue will be announcing his retirement as President of AU. A search committee for Gogue's replacement is being formed as I type this. FWIW.  

Now that news definitely shakes things up.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It makes perfect sense. Thatch may not have meant it that way but the way he words the 1st sentence reads to me as AUFootball was the last account to follow him. Then he says JS follows other accounts. I may be wrong and fine if I am but that's how it reads to me.

If he had made JS possessive such as "Stidham's last Twitter follow..."  everything would've made more sense. It was an awkward sentence but since we got that behind us now, this Gogue news is interesting.

Incorrect.

"JS last Twitter follow was @FootballAU. He also follows Gus and Rhett. Don't get too excited because he also follows every other SEC coach."

It means the last person Stidham followed on Twitter was @FootballAU. He also follows Gus and Rhett. He also follows every other SEC coach.

Subject. Pronoun. Pronoun.

Simple English.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

If he had made JS possessive such as "Stidham's last Twitter follow..."  everything would've made more sense. It was an awkward sentence but since we got that behind us now, this Gogue news is interesting.

Edited my last post & apologized to the board. No need to keep going with this derailment.

15 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

If he had made JS possessive such as "Stidham's last Twitter follow..."  everything would've made more sense. It was an awkward sentence

I started to add that very point. Interwbz language can be difficult to comprehend.

49 minutes ago, ellitor said:

As long as Gogue is there JJ is safe. I will say they are praying the football team will have a decent year so we can get some stablity. If we have a god awful season things could/can change. They feel good about the status of BB and Baseball

I hate to use the word decent for a football season but it is what it is for now. There is no reason Auburn can't be a consistent 10 win team.

Now to get back to JS we are in shape for him if things fall into place.

9 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

As long as Gogue is there JJ is safe. I will say they are praying the football team will have a decent year so we can get some stablity. If we have a god awful season things could/can change.

Doesn't sound like they're concrete on Gus at all. So in your opinion, does Gus survive a 4-8 to 6-6 season with Briles declining the OC job?

12 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Doesn't sound like they're concrete on Gus at all. So in your opinion, does Gus survive a 4-8 to 6-6 season with Briles declining the OC job?

IMO a losing season will cost Gus his job. 

35 minutes ago, KerryThachWDE said:

its THACH by the way.  like the same AVE that runs through campus! 

Sorry. Spelling was the last thing on my mind. No offense....And I never knew how to spell that street right anyway.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Is it possible we could sign Stidham without Briles?

Highly unlikely IMO.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

now we're talking!!!.....i just don't have the confidence that anybody connected with the hiring process can make a decent decision on a good president....by "decent" i mean a president who likes to win football,baseball, and basketball games better than he likes to trim rose bushes and sip wine

• Like 1