***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

9 minutes ago, Yates1876 said:

I have not been able to read everything since the lock down has been removed on here, but I saw this from a few hours ago.  

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tamu-football/texas-am-reportedly-not-in-mix-for-jarrett-stidham/

Was reported a few days before the thread lock. Appreciate the post for those who missed it though.

I would not put it past aTm though to try to quietly make an 11th hour run at Stidham, especially if Mond has already signed since he is an EE.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Was reported a few days before the thread lock. Appreciate the post for those who missed it though.

I would not put it past aTm though to try to quietly make an 11th hour run at Stidham, especially if Mond has already signed since he is an EE.

Apologies...I guess SaturdayDownSouth is just a little behind in reporting.  I thought this was something substantiating that rumor.  I had read on here that they were likely backing off.

1 hour ago, Yates1876 said:

Apologies...I guess SaturdayDownSouth is just a little behind in reporting.  I thought this was something substantiating that rumor.  I had read on here that they were likely backing off.

It had been reported by other AU outlets also. No worries though. Like I said the post was genuinely appreciated.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Said the same think today.   May be a quiet for a reason

Edited by lala

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

I can't imagine that happening. The Monds have been rumored to have given Sumlin his orders, thus why he's backed off. If A&M were to break that promise by signing both, it would no doubt be another QB sh!tstorm for A&M.

Plus in Stidham's own words yesterday in that interview about A&M, "I don't know what's been going on. I haven't really talked to them much lately." You can hear him slap something after he says it in frustration.

Edited by VipersStrike1

36 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Plus in Stidham's own words yesterday in that interview about A&M, "I don't know what's been going on. I haven't really talked to them much lately." You can hear him slap something after he says it in frustration.

Seriously? He slaps something? That's odd. 

Edited by tigerfangs
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Listen for yourself. 5:32 mark...

Lol. A multitude of things could have made that noise. What's truly telling is his tone of voice. He did sound frustrated he had not heard from aTm much.

Just now, ellitor said:

Lol. A multitude of things could have made that noise. What's truly telling is his tone of voice. He did sound frustrated he had not heard from aTm much.

It sounded like a magazine or a letter hitting a table. Or possibly slapping his leg. Regardless, the timing immediately after he said it was most def frustration. And yes, the tone of his voice validated his frustration too.

It could have been that he started hambone, but quickly realized he was in a interview. 

Seriously, it didn't sound good to me. Like ellitor said, his tone was different from UF to AU and much different almost to say aTm has let me down. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tigerfangs said:

It could have been that he started hambone, but quickly realized he was in a interview. 

Seriously, it didn't sound good to me. Like ellitor said, his tone was different from UF to AU and much different almost to say aTm has let me down. 

Honestly I don't care as long as aTm stays out of it and Kendall Briles does not get a job before Stidham signs or enrolls.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Sark is going to be looking for another job soon. Word is he was drunk at the SECCG last Saturday. 

If true...that's really sad...hate to see a person drink his life away. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Honestly I don't care as long as aTm stays out of it and Kendall Briles does not get a job before Stidham signs or enrolls.

I know Stidham's feelings would change, but I can't see A&M being so far out of this race for awhile, then launching themselves back in it just because they hired a QB Coach. Why would the hire of a QB Coach change Sumlin's mind about Stidham, esp given as you pointed out, he's never met Stidham face to face? I just do not see A&M getting back in it.

29 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Does anyone know if he has a trip planned to Gainsville before "next week" when he plans to announce?

Gator message boards seem to think they won't get a visit. It looks to me like they are just another hat on the table at this point. KB getting a job somewhere or Sumlin/Mond having a change of heart seem to be our biggest threats.

I know I'm older and wiser (hah - now) than a college recruit, but I would be livid if a team blew me off for a few months and then made a push in the final hour. I would like to think JS or his family would share those sentiments if that situation were to occur. 

And props to Lashlee....despite the frustrations we have seen offensively on the field, it appears that JS and JG seem to value their relationship with him. While winning is so important, I believe coaching the guys up in character is equally important (don't worry, I still want to win and win big)! ?

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, AuburnArch13 said:

Sumlin/Mond having a change of heart seem to be our biggest threats.

I agree with you, but with Sumlin having never met Stidham face to face, I can't see A&M jumping back in it. Would Stidham meet with Sumlin if he reached out? Of course. But IMO, it's too late in the race and Gus/Lashlee have established too much of a relationship with him.

You can tell in Stidham's interview he has been much more mature about his recruitment vs. 2 years ago by being "blunt" and telling coaches up front "this is what I'm looking for." He has been weeding them out in the first phone call.

To have Sumlin come in full force these last 5 days after being absent throughout the entire process would have to draw several questions from Stidham.

Edited by VipersStrike1
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

I know I'm older and wiser (hah - now) than a college recruit, but I would be livid if a team blew me off for a few months and then made a push in the final hour. I would like to think JS or his family would share those sentiments if that situation were to occur.

Great minds...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Agree. I hope it fires him up and he enrolls at AU. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

And the biggest thing I got from that... his girlfriend's dad is the CEO of the Houston Rockets!?!