***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

11 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

And the biggest thing I got from that... his girlfriend's dad is the CEO of the Houston Rockets!?!

There goes the need for a soccer scholarship.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Word on the street is that Tom Herman has reached out to Stidham and possibly offered him a spot on the Texas roster. 

Did I read somewhere that JS would have to sit out a year if he goes to a Big 12 school? Or does sitting this year out count?

23 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

I see Niebuhr posted an article 2 hours ago talking about a "change of plans" for Stidham.

Can anyone elaborate on what the article is saying?

That's ominous

22 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

I see Niebuhr posted an article 2 hours ago talking about a "change of plans" for Stidham.

He's taking an OV to New Mexico.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

I can't be sure, since I don't have access, but that article was posted around the same time as the free article that I found saying that Herman was trying to get into the mix.

10 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I can't be sure, since I don't have access, but that article was posted around the same time as the free article that I found saying that Herman was trying to get into the mix.

That was 4 days ago...

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2016/12/3/13830076/jarrett-stidham-texas-longhorns-tom-herman-contact-auburn-tigers

59 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Threads on Rivals and 247 within the last 10 hours that Stidham has delayed his announcement.

Can anyone elaborate?

If JS delays his decision for very long it will probably affect any plans to participate in Bowl practice.  Doesn't that start next week?  I know Stidham must have some rust but I think he would be perfect Scout Team version of Baker Mayfield.

• Like 1

Only reason for a delay would be that he is waiting on something he does not have yet. This does not sound good.

5 hours ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Does anyone know if he has a trip planned to Gainsville before "next week" when he plans to announce?

Florida appears to not be a factor at the point. Where Kandal Briles ends up appears to be the big hurdle right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VipersStrike1 said:

I know Stidham's feelings would change, but I can't see A&M being so far out of this race for awhile, then launching themselves back in it just because they hired a QB Coach. Why would the hire of a QB Coach change Sumlin's mind about Stidham, esp given as you pointed out, he's never met Stidham face to face? I just do not see A&M getting back in it.

I was not talking about Briles to aTm. Briles would make any quality P5 school a threat for Stidham immediately. Recruiting often times is a lot about relationships & Stidham's best relationships are with the Briles family.

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Word on the street is that Tom Herman has reached out to Stidham and possibly offered him a spot on the Texas roster. 

A week old. Herman to this point has not gotten anywhere with Stidham.

2 hours ago, PDub said:

Did I read somewhere that JS would have to sit out a year if he goes to a Big 12 school? Or does sitting this year out count?

He would have to sit 2017 if he went to the Big 12 per a public report a week or 2 ago.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Florida appears to not be a factor at the point. Where Kandal Briles ends up appears to be the big hurdle right now.

So the question is whether he is willing to give up bowl practice to wait for Kendal to land. Most of the buzz I can find for Kendal is still centered around Auburn or as a back-up for LSU if they can't get Kiffin to jump. If he's waiting for that to play out, it will be well into January before anything happens.

2 hours ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Not until Keith or another news outlet makes the info free.

Edited by ellitor

6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

So the question is whether he is willing to give up bowl practice to wait for Kendal to land. Most of the buzz I can find for Kendal is still centered around Auburn or as a back-up for LSU if they can't get Kiffin to jump. If he's waiting for that to play out, it will be well into January before anything happens.

I've never seen it reported that Bowl practice is concretely important to him or his decision. Also I don't know about other schools but for most degrees at AU he can wait til the 5th class day of a semester to enroll at AU for the Spring semester and get full credit. That means he technically does not have to make a choice if it's AU til January 18th.

Edited by ellitor

23 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Only reason for a delay would be that he is waiting on something he does not have yet. This does not sound good.

Trying to wait to see where Kendal Briles lands IMO.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I've never seen it reported that Bowl practice is concretely important to him or his decision. Also I don't know about other schools but for most degrees at AU he can wait til the 5th class day of a semester to enroll at AU for the Spring semester and get full credit. That means he technically does not have to make a choice if it's AU til January 18th.

I read somewhere that he said he really wanted to participate in bowl practice (I'm assuming just because he misses football). That being said, I also read that he is in communication with Art and/or Kendal daily, so it may just be that important to him.  Unfortunately for Auburn, I doubt the NCAA will move quickly on the 12th on-field coach, so we can't just hire him and shuffle the deck later.

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I read somewhere that he said he really wanted to participate in bowl practice (I'm assuming just because he misses football). That being said, I also read that he is in communication with Art and/or Kendal daily, so it may just be that important to him.  Unfortunately for Auburn, I doubt the NCAA will move quickly on the 12th on-field coach, so we can't just hire him and shuffle the deck later.

The formailty of approving the 10th on field coach as well as the new recruiting calendar does not happen til April so you appear to be right on that last part.

move kodi burns to off the field analyst, keep paying him what he is making (if that passes muster with the NCAA) then hire briles as a high priced WR coach, along with art briles as a consultant(damn the media and political correctness).....as soon as lashlee gets a position at another school, move kendall briles to OC, put kodi burns back to WR coach...desperate times demand desperate measures and if you ain't doing everything that you can do to win, then you ain't going to!....if we don't get a top flight QB, next year will be a waste, just like this year was

• Like 2