***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

42 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Trying to wait to see where Kendal Briles lands IMO.

Yeah, that seems pretty evident to me as well. Clearly this is a big deal, otherwise I do think he'd already be with the good guys at this point. 

19 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

move kodi burns to off the field analyst, keep paying him what he is making (if that passes muster with the NCAA) then hire briles as a high priced WR coach, along with art briles as a consultant(damn the media and political correctness).....as soon as lashlee gets a position at another school, move kendall briles to OC, put kodi burns back to WR coach...desperate times demand desperate measures and if you ain't doing everything that you can do to win, then you ain't going to!....if we don't get a top flight QB, next year will be a waste, just like this year was

I like the way you think. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Briles would make any quality P5 school a threat for Stidham immediately. Recruiting often times is a lot about relationships & Stidham's best relationships are with the Briles family.

Agreed. So why do you feel Stidham is stringing along Gus & Lashlee, including an in-home visit this Friday? Just in case Kendal isn't hired at a P5 program?

If Stidham commits to any school other than Auburn I might go AWOL for a few weeks from this site. I probably won't be able to count the number of "Fire Gus" threads that will get started as a result of it.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

move kodi burns to off the field analyst, keep paying him what he is making (if that passes muster with the NCAA) then hire briles as a high priced WR coach, along with art briles as a consultant(damn the media and political correctness).....as soon as lashlee gets a position at another school, move kendall briles to OC, put kodi burns back to WR coach...desperate times demand desperate measures and if you ain't doing everything that you can do to win, then you ain't going to!....if we don't get a top flight QB, next year will be a waste, just like this year was

So if this kid does not sign or the Briles family don't come...then Auburn is not trying to do everything to win? I for one can't wait til this is over...jeesh 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

I agree except for the last part.  I don't consider these season a waste. We had a lot of adversity (injuries, coaching issues, etc) but we still had the 2nd highest ranking in SEC. I think we need to give these guys a break.

• Like 3

Just now, VipersStrike1 said:

Agreed. So why do you feel Stidham is stringing along Gus & Lashlee, including an in-home visit this Friday? Just in case Kendal isn't hired at a P5 program?

I never said nor implied he was stringing Gus and Rhett along. Some reporters have maintained from the very beginning since JS left Baylor that he was going to wait as long as he could to see where Kendall or Art lands before he makes a decision. The new delay could be evidence of that & I think it is.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

He would have to sit 2017 if he went to the Big 12 per a public report a week or 2 ago.

Interesting. Wonder why since he's already sat a year?

If true, that means Kendal will have to land outside the Big 12 in order to take Stidham with him. I can't think of any legit possibilities for Kendal outside his stomping grounds of the Big 12.

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Only reason for a delay would be that he is waiting on something he does not have yet. This does not sound good.

It appears you are correct. I think he likes AU and we are his best current choice but if he is truly going to wait then he is not 100% sold. Maybe KB is the hangup. That is most likely. Or Maybe he thinks Rhett may leave. That may happen. 

Either way I hope like crazy he goes to AU. He would make us better instantly. Everyone knows it. Even the players on the team know it by the way they tweeted his arrival. He is vital to us having a shot at being in the hunt for a title next year. He is the missing piece imo. 

1 minute ago, VipersStrike1 said:

If true, that means Kendal will have to land outside the Big 12 in order to take Stidham with him. I can't think of any legit possibilities for Kendal outside his stomping grounds of the Big 12.

LSU needs an OC as well as a big time QB.

Just now, ellitor said:

I never said nor implied he was stringing Gus and Rhett along. Some reporters have maintained from the very beginning since JS left Baylor that he was going to wait as long as he could to see where Kendall or Art lands before he makes a decision. The new delay could be evidence of that & I think it is.

I didn't say you said nor implied he was stringing along Gus & Lashlee. IMO, that is the case.

2 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

I think it's due to a Big 12 rule.

Well he has been away from Baylor 1 academic semester, not a full year yet. Baylor may have somehow blocked him from playing at a Big 12 school before 2018. IDK. I don't know if the Big 12 has there own set of transfer rules.

Just now, PigskinPat said:

LSU needs an OC as well as a big time QB.

Yes... unfortunately the word on the street is that if Kiffin won't jump, Briles is a primary target and as each day goes by they look to be more and more in need of a QB. It would be huge for Coach O to land a OC with a bonus QB who's ready to roll... and make our lives hell for the next 2 years.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

I didn't say you said nor implied he was stringing along Gus & Lashlee. IMO, that is the case.

Ok. No worries.

I hope I'm wrong, but that's what has me nervous about LSU. They both fill voids LSU desperately needs and last time I checked, Louisiana isn't too far from Texas.

• Like 1

I would surmise LSU is aiming much higher than Kendal for their OC. That's just my opinion.

Like who? I know Kiffin is a target, but who else has been mentioned?

6 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Hopefully, since Gus is also very tight with the Briles clan, he's aware of all of the angles.  Honestly, the fact that Narcisse is suddenly back in the picture makes me think that Gus knows there is a chance that Stidham lands elsewhere and Narcisse is the back-up plan who we would take either way.

• Like 2

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Hopefully, since Gus is also very tight with the Briles clan, he's aware of all of the angles.  Honestly, the fact that Narcisse is suddenly back in the picture makes me think that Gus knows there is a chance that Stidham lands elsewhere and Narcisse is the back-up plan who we would take either way.

And that's another detail that has me concerned about LSU: Narcisse has now opened back up his recruitment.

4 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

I would surmise LSU is aiming much higher than Kendal for their OC. That's just my opinion.

You would think they would want more of a splash hire, after Coach O's comments, but everything I'm reading has Kendal very high on the list of "also rans" after Kiffin, who's apparently a stand-alone primary target. The fact that Kendal could come with a highly regarded QB, who he's already worked with is a pretty big selling point.  It basically gives him 2 years to get settled before he needs to completely build an O from scratch.

Of course, the same could be said if we land the pair.

Rhett should have moved on by now, ideally.  Gus needs to put his big boy pants on and move things along, time to kick the boy out of the nest and see if he can fly on his own and get back to the plan that had been in place for months

Just now, PigskinPat said:

Like who? I know Kiffin is a target, but who else has been mentioned?

Nobody else. IMO, when Oregeron gave his detailed plan to the AD that he was going to get the "best OC in football", I just don't believe Kendal was in his Top 3. It could happen. I just don't see it.