***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

47 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

So, Stidham is considering Auburn mainly because of Lashlee, but he's waiting to decide now because he wants to see where KB ends up?  So if Lashlee leaves here we don't get him, but if KB comes here we do get him?  So if KB goes to a P5 school we don't get Stidham?  But, if Lashlee stays we may still get him? :dunno:

Who's on first?

He was always going to try to wait to see where Briles goes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

They are hoping that Rhett gets offered a job soon and leaves positively, my guess

Georgia State fell through so it does not look like Rhett will get a HC job and Gus ain't going to just up and fire him.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought we were going all in for Narcisse first, then once he committed to LSU, we went guns a blazin' after JS. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that at least seemed to be the message board timetable

We were All In on Stidham the moment he left Baylor. He was not an option til nearly 2 months after LN committed to LSU. LN committed in May. JS left Baylor in July. Even if LN was still committed to AU in July we still would have been on JS the moment he was available.

Edited by ellitor

I just hope our guys can seal the deal on Friday.  I'm sure Gus feels this is the biggest in-home of his career.   If it doesn't work out I'm also sure there are more JUCO DT QBs out there somewhere (probably 3 star though). 

Edited by autan

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

It's a failure only if we have poor QB play and inconsistent offensive production next year.  If the O is spectacular all year long without Stidham then Gus will have succeeded.

Looked pretty good til SW and KAM went down....he has to get a backup that can execute when guys get hurt, that is all on his shoulders.

Edited by PoetTiger
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We were All In on Stidham the moment he left Baylor. He was not an option til nearly 2 months after LN committed to LSU. LN committed in May. JS left Baylor in July. Even if LN was still committed to AU in July we still would have been on JS the moment he was available.

Ahh....gotch ya. Thanks

53 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Looked pretty good til SW and KAM went down....he has to get a backup that can execute when guys get hurt, that is all on his shoulders.

Ha.Yeah. Go find a SW thread and gush over our offense's mediocrity there. 

Edited by aujeff11

36 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Ha.Yeah. Go find a SW thread and gush over our offense's mediocrity there. 

The O was anything but mediocre in the games Sean was completely healthy this season and left alone as QB 1...other that LSU who has a damn good D. Competition was lacking but it's a statistical fact the O was not mediocre when Sean was healthy.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

He was always going to try to wait to see where Briles goes.

exactly. that is why it has taken him this long to make a decision and pick a school.

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The O was anything but mediocre in the games Sean was completely healthy this season and left alone as QB 1...other that LSU who has a damn good D. Competition was lacking but it's a statistical fact the O was not mediocre when Sean was healthy.

Texas A&M he ws pulled from the ball game.  It wasn't because he was playing bad,it was because he was largely ineffective.

Our offense was anything but mediocre whenever we could run the ball for 6 yards a pop against horrible teams.'

Take this discussion to another thread. Thanks. If not, ill be happy to derail it.

Edited by aujeff11

2 minutes ago, AuburnArch13 said:

Go find the same one and complain about it there. 

Did you literally just repeat what I just said? Please tell me you didn't think that was a clever post.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

<Finds it amusing some consider a season capped off by a Sugar Bowl invitation is a wasted year>

A lot of people said the ceiling was 8 wins....and thats where we're at...

Im happy with the Sugar Bowl though. Our players deserved more but the Sugar Bowl is nothing to sneeze at.

Edited by aujeff11

I would be elated if the sugar bowl WAS earned and not given. we backdoored in to it. I could live with it if we were 9-3 with a win over thuga.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I think that's the problem... I don't think he had a top 3... I think he had a top 1, and now he's having to look at alternatives in case he can't land his big fish.

Oregeron may look and sound dumb, but he isn't. There is no way he ONLY has Kiffin in mind. Why? Because as everyone else has opined, what does Kiffin gain by making a lateral move to LSU besides rejoining old allies?

He has ample time to hold out on Kiffin, but no way there was never a backup plan.

To this add to this thread...I don't believe Kendal is or was a Top 3 for Oregeron.

But I'm never ceased to be amazed at coaching hires.

3 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

He knows Auburn wants him, but a few here believe it's all up to the Briles family where he plays. Auburn has put on and has been putting on the full court press on JS. If his decision is solely based on the Briles coaching destination then anything could happen and I am not sure how that would be considered a failure on Gus's part..

I never said losing Stidham would be Gus' fault no matter what happens.

In fact, IMO, if his decision is and has been based on where Kendal ends up at, then he has been stringing Gus and Lashlee all along.

I know that's the risk you take with recruiting 5-star talent, but given Gus' relationship with Art, and Stidham's maturity in being recruited this time around, I would think he would give Gus some level of clarity by the time they leave on Friday.

Either A: I'm waiting on where Kendal ends up at.

Or B: I'm signing with AU on Monday.

If it's A, then we were stringed all along.

3 hours ago, steeleagle said:

But i will not blame CGM if this guy goes somewhere else because of his relationship with KB. He can't control that.

I will blame him for putting us in this position as an offense as he IS the HC and his strong suit is offense.

Nailed it.

Gus HAS to land Stidham in order to seriously challenge for the SEC Championship next season.

It's that cut and dry.

It's no wonder he and Lashlee are putting the full court press on Stidham, KNOWING he wants to see what happens to Kendal.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

And no matter what all the haters want to say, Lashlee was calling the plays and we were hot on offense. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BornAU76 said:

Does anyone know who is considering hiring KBriles?  I've not seen his name mentioned really anywhere yet. 

No one has posted anything concrete here. There has been speculation that LSU could be, but at this points it's just speculation.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Georgia State fell through so it does not look like Rhett will get a HC job and Gus ain't going to just up and fire him.

Gus will NEVER fire Rhett. Captain and Lieutenant will go down with their ship together. Or Captain will help Lieutenant find another Lieutenant or Captain position, which HAS been taking place the last two seasons.

Edited by VipersStrike1

3 hours ago, autan said:

I just hope our guys can seal the deal on Friday.  I'm sure Gus feels this is the biggest in-home of his career.   If it doesn't work out I'm also sure there are more JUCO DT QBs out there somewhere (probably 3 star though). 

I hope we get a really fast one, that's all that matters.

:)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

And no matter what all the haters want to say, Lashlee was calling the plays and we were hot on offense. 

The 122nd, 97th, 84th and 100th Scoring Defenses, consecutively, will give the illusion we were hot on offense.

Haters be damned.

• Like 1