***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

I have my doubts that we have been given the truth with this whole issue. We likely will never know what actually happened. Art is not the villain that he is being made of.

31 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

Just ran across a story linking the chances of Stidham's transfer to where Baylor OC Kendal Briles winds up.

I was 100% fiercely opposed to any Art Briles talk, and to a lesser degree I feel the same about his son. Some of you countered that evidence would come out vindicating Art, but the exact opposite happened. We learned that he had actually known about the gang rape and not reported it, among other specifics Baylor leaked.

Obviously, it's unfair to blame a son for his father's deeds. But the Baylor assistants made public statements defending Art, and I assume Kendal had to be on board. That's a problem -- and a very bad message. It's also tough to blame a son for not having his father's back. In the end, I wouldn't jump off a cliff if Kendal came to Auburn, but I'd have to hold my nose.

Whomever hires either of the Briles can expect heavy doses of national media coverage of the RIOTS that are sure to follow. Especially if it is AU. JMHO 

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

January 11th. The day Spring semester begins at AU ironically.

Dumb questions...

The dead period typically starts on the 2nd Monday of December every year correct?

If so, how do JUCOs and other transfers, who typically commit the last 2-3 weeks of December, handle communication during the dead period with their future coaches prior to signing?

And are they allowed to make an UV during the dead period? Just can't visit with and communicate with the staff?

For example, Cam signed with AU on December 31st, 2009. Without getting into the alleged instances with MSU that helped drive Cam to AU, how was there progress with him on AU's side the last 2-3 weeks of his recruitment?

Edited by VipersStrike1

Just now, WeagleTheBeagle said:

Just an opinion but I dont think any school will take the risk on Briles this season.  Not even for QB coach.  The ship is not coming in for any coach with the last name Briles until all info is out there.  

We thank you for your concern and is duly noted.

Signed,

The University of Louisville

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Who is leaving at Florida to make a space for him?

That was just an assumption. lol But I'm sure they're dying to get a new OC with their offensive woes.

1 hour ago, VipersStrike1 said:

KB to FL - Matthew

KB to LSU - Andrew

KB to bammer - Katrina

Clever!! :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SouthGATiger said:

It appears that Stidham wants to go where ever K. Briles goes. So how bad do we want both...enough to let lashlee go?

Bring KB in and keep Lashlee too. 

Just now, NoALtiger said:

Bring KB in and keep Lashlee too. 

As discussed several times in this thread, the NCAA rule of 10 on-field coaches has not changed yet.

Some here have suggested hiring him as a consultant now, then if/when the rule passes next year, placing him on the field.

It's a great idea, but Gus won't stoop to Saban's level of integrity.

My apologies..I'm a little lost here. Is he officially delaying his decision? 

Damon sayles - one of the BR columnists tweeted this morning that's Stidham was very close to a decision. But im reading the opposite in some places. Know he wants to announce the 14th, but is there anything to officially contradict that? TIA

1 minute ago, brad5628AU said:

My apologies..I'm a little lost here. Is he officially delaying his decision? 

Damon sayles - one of the BR columnists tweeted this morning that's Stidham was very close to a decision. But im reading the opposite in some places. Know he wants to announce the 14th, but is there anything to officially contradict that? TIA

The only thing that Stidham has announced is he is waiting on where Kendal ends up at.

Gus and Lashlee are having an in-home with Stidham tomorrow. Very doubtful that will change anything as Kendal's new home is the key to this mystery.

31 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Dumb questions...

The dead period typically starts on the 2nd Monday of December every year correct?

If so, how do JUCOs and other transfers, who typically commit the last 2-3 weeks of December, handle communication during the dead period with their future coaches prior to signing?

And are they allowed to make an UV during the dead period? Just can't visit with and communicate with the staff?

For example, Cam signed with AU on December 31st, 2009. Without getting into the alleged instances with MSU that helped drive Cam to AU, how was there progress with him on AU's side the last 2-3 weeks of his recruitment?

I am sure I will be corrected but I do believe:

* The dead period refers to the coaches cannot initiate the communication but the player can call them
* But that only works if the player signs\goes to that college.

I believe this was an issue for an SEC school very recently (LSU I think) where they had been contacted by the prospect during the "dead period" and then the student ended up not going there and they had to self report.

2 hours ago, DyeCampAlum said:

We learned that he had actually known about the gang rape and not reported it, among other specifics Baylor leaked.

Link?

Maybe Gus has some good news to share with JS on Friday like some outstanding Jr OL's returning for 2017 (BS, AG, and DJ), ALL-SEC RB (KP) returning and a Hot Shot JUCO TE committed.

Stidham has had dinner with the young WRs already and I think has a good relationship with FB Cox and young stud RB Martin.  If pot could be sweetened with first sentence how could a QB recruit say no.  :hellyeah:  :bananadance:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Linayus said:

Disaster scenario - KB to FL.

I'm all for hiring KB if RL leaves to take a HC job. Especially if that solidifies getting JS here.

1. Don't they have Nuss? 2. How is that a total disaster? We play Florida 1 time every 6 years.KB to LSU is more of a disaster IMO.

3 hours ago, kd4au said:

I just don't get him quitting Baylor if wanted to play for KB so much,he was still the OC.I must have missed something in these last thousands of posts.You would think if that was a top priority for him he would have never left.:dunno:

He knew Baylor was going to be the total disaster they are going to be starting next year. They have 1 commit right now, 1! Virtually nobody wants to go there right now.

2 hours ago, AUjcsbija said:

Ever find yourself missing the Lache drama? Hard to believe how long ago that was.

No. And I'm glad I was not 1 of the mods like Bird and Golf who had to deal with it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Link?

USA Today article on Briles

Excerpts: 

His staff ignored or actively discouraged sexual assault complaints, according to the Pepper Hamilton report, even going so far as to meet with the women making the allegations. Since 2011, 19 players have been accused of sexual assault by 17 different women, including two who were brought to Baylor by Briles despite being dismissed from their previous schools for off-the-field incidents.

And, most damning of all, the university said that Briles himself knew that a female athlete had accused five of his players of gang rape and did nothing. Said nothing. Reported nothing.

I suppose it's possible everyone else is lying and Art is just a patsy.

WDE!

2 hours ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Dumb questions...

For the past couple of years yes.

If they have signed a NLI they have unlimited communication. If they haven't signed then teams can call them 1 time a week. They can still call teams as much as they want regardless.

1. Only if they have signed a NLI. 2. They can communicate as outlined above.

See communication guideline above. Also I don't know how restrictive texts are or were then.

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

How is that a total disaster?

I think the point he was making was that Florida was already in some level of contention, so them hiring Briles would make Stidham to Florida a done deal.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I think the point he was making was that Florida was already in some level of contention, so them hiring Briles would make Stidham to Florida a done deal.

Yes but JS would not hurt us every year like he would at LSU. If Coach O takes Briles they will be 10 times higher competition for Stidham than UF ever thought about being.

well good luck with this thread. last time i mentioned art briles i had my behind carved up like a christmas turkey. and the worst one was a mod. now that other people are seeing the light i feel vendicated to a small extent........

• Like 1

3 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I have my doubts that we have been given the truth with this whole issue. We likely will never know what actually happened. Art is not the villain that he is being made of.

fact! suits were trying to cover their asses

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes but JS would not hurt us every year like he would at LSU. If Coach O takes Briles they will be 10 times higher competition for Stidham than UF ever thought about being.

I don't doubt that.  I just hope Coach O has other ideas for his OC and QB coaches.

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

well good luck with this thread. last time i mentioned art briles i had my behind carved up like a christmas turkey. and the worst one was a mod. now that other people are seeing the light i feel vendicated to a small extent........

SJW suck