***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I don't doubt that.  I just hope Coach O has other ideas for his OC and QB coaches.

Yeah. There are mixed reports out now if KB is actually a real AC candidate for a quality school or not. It will be tough for him to land a quality job no doubt but it's still something we likely have to sweat out.

KB will not get an OC job this year. He's the same as CRL, no separation from HC to value the hire on a P5 level. Coming to AU as a position coach might be a play if it's an OC in waiting type deal with CRL moving on next year (possibly).

Edited by au_bsci_04
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Yeah. There are mixed reports out now if KB is actually a real AC candidate for a quality school or not. It will be tough for him to land a quality job no doubt but it's still something we likely have to sweat out.

I say sign him up for an off-field position with the promise of moving him to QB coach in April if the NCAA adds the extra on-field coach. Guaranteed paycheck, chance to prove himself in the SEC, even if he has to take a step back. Considering his situation, it's not a bad option. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

KB will not get an OC job this year. He's the same as CRL, no separation from HC to value the hire on a P5 level. Coming to AU as a position coach might be a play if it's an OC in waiting type deal with CRL moving on next year (possibly).

We don't have an open spot for a QB coach though. Other schools do & will. We may not have a spot til April.

Got a feeling Baylor/Briles will take years to play out.  Saw Art is suing 3 regents at Baylor for libel and slander.  At least it'll be entertaining.

3 hours ago, WarTim said:

Whomever hires either of the Briles can expect heavy doses of national media coverage of the RIOTS that are sure to follow.

Really? Riots?  Wow.

Edited by oracle79

12 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I say sign him up for an off-field position with the promise of moving him to QB coach in April if the NCAA adds the extra on-field coach. Guaranteed paycheck, chance to prove himself in the SEC, even if he has to take a step back. Considering his situation, it's not a bad option. 

I think this is the ticket. Hire him as an offensive analyst and eventually move him to QB coach or possibly OC next year if Lashlee moves on. Everyone is happy, even Lashlee cause he'll look better as an OC with Stidham at QB anyway, even if Briles is nipping at his heels.

• Like 1

Art Briles has filed suit against Baylor Regents & V-P for Libel & Conspiracy. How ugly are things headed in Waco? Can the Gaines' do a Fixer/Upper on this situation?

Former Baylor coach Art Briles is suing three member of the school's board of regents and Baylor vice president Reagan Ramsower for libel and conspiracy.

According to the Associated Press, the lawsuit accuses regents chairman Ronald Murff, board members J. Cary Gray and David Harper, and Baylor vice president Reagan Ramsower of falsely stating that he knew of reported sexual assaults and alleged gang rape by Baylor football players and did not report them.

Members of Baylor's board of regents spoke with the Wall Street Journal earlier this year and alleged that Briles was aware of one of the alleged gang rapes and did not notify the school's Title IX office.

Briles' suit, filed in Llano County, Texas, disputes that claim and alleges that Baylor officials have conspired to keep him from getting another coaching job since his dismissal.

Source

Edited by aufan57
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, VipersStrike1 said:

As discussed several times in this thread, the NCAA rule of 10 on-field coaches has not changed yet.

Some here have suggested hiring him as a consultant now, then if/when the rule passes next year, placing him on the field.

It's a great idea, but Gus won't stoop to Saban's level of integrity.

Yeah, I would just want to bring him in and figure it out later. An off-field consultant (for now) would suffice nicely. Like Tom was saying the other day, just get it done and let's get this kid. 

I'm not sure an off field position will work for KB. His options will not be bare. He may not be able to get a P5 OC or QBC job but it's likely he will get a shot at being OC or QBC at an FBS non-P5 school. I think he would take that over being an off field consultant for AU given the job & financial limitations that come with an off field job.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

So...nothing about KB and Auburn, then. COOL 

Nothing more than small bits of internal chatter.

23 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Never thought of that- Such as? Interested to know.

Viper posted the meeger salary for a consultant. I'll let him repost that. And a consultant does more on gameplan assistance and not much actual coaching players.

So is Kendall coming in as a "consultant"?  I don't think Rhett is going anywhere.  It also sounds like Stidham is leaning heavily to Auburn without any changes being made.  

4 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

So is Kendall coming in as a "consultant"?  I don't think Rhett is going anywhere.  It also sounds like Stidham is leaning heavily to Auburn without any changes being made.  

Doubt it. That's basically career suicide for a coach that will have other on field coaching opportunities even if they are with a non-P5 FBS school.

42 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

We need Kendal Briles and Jarrett Stidham if we won't the 2017 to make it's way back on top in the SEC.

Mods: a little a4e interpretation help here, lol......

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fredst said:

Mods: a little a4e interpretation help here, lol......

Not a Mod but maybe if you had an Ovaltine Little Orphan Annie decoder ring. (Seasonal humor, sorry). Love that movie. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Doubt it. That's basically career suicide for a coach that will have other on field coaching opportunities even if they are with a non-P5 FBS school.

I was being a little sarcastic because the only way to get a new OC is to fire the old OC.  I don't think Rhett is going to end up anywhere else and this season isn't going to get Rhett fired.  Everyone said that Gus giving Rhett the play calling was to give Gus a reason to let Rhett go at the end of the season.  All Rhett did was destroy 2 SEC teams and beat two other good teams before Sean and Pettway went down.  If Briles doesn't get swept up in the next couple weeks then I'm sure he'd be happy to get a consultant or other lower level job.  Some paycheck is better than no paycheck.  Maybe Auburn comes out and plays lights out on offense next year and Rhett gets a promotion somewhere.  KB could walk in and be the OC and next in line to get back to relevance  Seems like that is working for Kiffin and Sarkisian.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Not a Mod but maybe if you had an Ovaltine Little Orphan Annie decoder ring. (Seasonal humor, sorry). Love that movie. 

Best Christmas movie ever... Awwww Fffffffffuuuuuddddggge..... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

That may be true but the concern is JS following KB. If his best on field option is a non P5 school, no way JS follows him. The wait is about him receiving a P5 opp, which publicly nothing is being discussed.

38 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

That may be true but the concern is JS following KB. If his best on field option is a non P5 school, no way JS follows him. The wait is about him receiving a P5 opp, which publicly nothing is being discussed.

Yes I know all this and was not arguing against it.