***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

10 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Espn is reporting he's committing before Christmas...

Not that they know anything

Article or Recruiting Nation TV show?

40 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Article or Recruiting Nation TV show?

article

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18235295/former-baylor-quarterback-jarrett-stidham-decison-next-school

He also tops their junior college rankings 

6 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

When is Gus visiting today? Maybe he can leave with another KJ hershey bar...

Most if not all day. It's going to be like the 12 hour visit Rhett had with Jarrett last Friday. And they will try but I don't expect them to be able to lock him down today.

Edited by ellitor

15 hours ago, aufan57 said:

Art Briles has filed suit against Baylor Regents & V-P for Libel & Conspiracy. How ugly are things headed in Waco? Can the Gaines' do a Fixer/Upper on this situation?

Was waiting for this to happen. There is a mess in Waco and it's not in the football offices. It will be quite a while before Baylor is cleaned up and back on the path.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

Only if they have signed a NLI. 2. They can communicate as outlined above.

So, for example, if Kendal is hired by LSU on Monday, the only way Stidham can visit LSU within the dead period is if he signs a NLI?

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

I'm not sure an off field position will work for KB. His options will not be bare. He may not be able to get a P5 OC or QBC job but it's likely he will get a shot at being OC or QBC at an FBS non-P5 school. I think he would take that over being an off field consultant for AU given the job & financial limitations that come with an off field job.

Agreed Kendal will get interviews with non-P5 programs. And if that type hire happens, I think that locks Stidham up for us.

Altho Kendal at Houston would concern me a little because of Texas proximity and current prestige.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

So, for example, if Kendal is hired by LSU on Monday, the only way Stidham can visit LSU within the dead period is if he signs a NLI?

Correct.

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

Viper posted the meeger salary for a consultant. I'll let him repost that. And a consultant does more on gameplan assistance and not much actual coaching players.

Sark at bammer makes $35K.

Kendal can make a considerable amount more than that as an OC at a non-P5 program.

Sark was FAR more damaged goods than Kendal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Agreed Kendal will get interviews with non-P5 programs. And if that type hire happens, I think that locks Stidham up for us.

Altho Kendal at Houston would concern me a little because of Texas proximity and current prestige.

Agreed.

17 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Correct.

This seems odd to me. Are you saying JS couldn't even step foot on LSU's campus during the dead period, even if he's paying his own way, etc., and avoids contact with staff? Am I missing something? Or by "visit" did Viper just mean OV? Thanks... sorry to be a bother.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Correct.

That's going to make it awfully difficult for Stidham to pull that trigger...not visiting a campus prior to signing.

So just to confirm...the only schools that he's visited that are CURRENT players for his signature is AU and A&M, correct? Because he hasn't visited FL.

And yes, I know, Stidham has fallen off of A&M's map recently.

13 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Sark at bammer makes $35K.

Kendal can make a considerable amount more than that as an OC at a non-P5 program.

Sark was FAR more damaged goods than Kendal.

Is the salary mandated by the NCAA or is that up to the school to set?

1 minute ago, bryanlooney said:

This seems odd to me. Are you saying JS couldn't even step foot on LSU's campus during the dead period, even if he's paying his own way, etc., and avoids contact with staff? Am I missing something? Or by "visit" did Viper just mean OV? Thanks... sorry to be a bother.

The recruit can go to the campus during a dead period but can not have contact with the football staff while there. Sorry for the confusion... Link

No in-person contact is allowed, even if a prospect makes a visit to the college campus. Written and electronic communications are still permitted.

9 minutes ago, bryanlooney said:

The NCAA has no power to stop a prospect from doing whatever they want. That being said, if he did that then he puts LSU in serious risk of violations, because if a member of the staff as much as says 'hi' to him while he's there, they would be in violation of the rules, unless he signed his NLI, and you can bet the NCAA isn't going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

6 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

That's going to make it awfully difficult for Stidham to pull that trigger...not visiting a campus prior to signing.

So just to confirm...the only schools that he's visited that are CURRENT players for his signature is AU and A&M, correct? Because he hasn't visited FL.

And yes, I know, Stidham has fallen off of A&M's map recently.

He can visit LSU on his own dime. He just can't have contact with Coach O's staff or while he is there. Sorry again for the confusion. And yes aTm & AU are the only schools he has visited so far.

Edited by ellitor

5 minutes ago, lca408 said:

Is the salary mandated by the NCAA or is that up to the school to set?

I would surmise like any position coach, salary is determined by the school.

I was simply pointing out Sark, a former HC, is ONLY making $35K at bammer.

No way Kendal would make more than that as a consultant anywhere else.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Most if not all day. It's going to be like the 12 hour visit Rhett had with Jarrett last Friday. And they will try but I don't expect them to be able to lock him down today.

I agreed with this yesterday, but considering Art has now filed suit against Baylor, creating a circus for he and his family, could that combined with Gus and Lashlee's visit today increase a close with Stidham today?

42 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

The NCAA has no power to stop a prospect from doing whatever they want. That being said, if he did that then he puts LSU in serious risk of violations, because if a member of the staff as much as says 'hi' to him while he's there, they would be in violation of the rules, unless he signed his NLI, and you can bet the NCAA isn't going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

And how would Stidham visit the Athletic Department, which we all know is a key building in any school's recruitment, with no coaches present? Sounds simple...just let a tour guide show him around, but you have to clear the building of all coaches DURING a time of heavy preparation for Bowls and recruiting.

Edited by VipersStrike1

4 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

I agreed with this yesterday, but considering Art has now filed suit against Baylor, creating a circus for he and his family, could that combined with Gus and Lashlee's visit today increase a close with Stidham today?

But if stud him is so crucial why wouldn't we offer Briles something like 100 k or more if it meant getting both. are there legal reasons or caps that exist for exactly that reason?

2 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Possibly but I think JS will wait Briles out a bit longer. Dad is much more tainted. Teams appear to at least be talking to Kendal about job opportunities per 247. Since KB and JS talk daily JS knows better than anyone of us as to what potential jobs may be available to KB.