***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

Good news here. Per the 3 minute mark of the video below. JS plans to visit AU for multiple games this season.

Edited by ellitor

I don't love being in competition with TA&M for QB recruits. They seems to get 5 star kids all the time. Not that they stay at TA&M after they enroll. I would love to see this guy in O&B.

1 visit locked in, more likely

Former Baylor quarterback Jarrett Stidham, a one-time 5-star recruit, has locked in an unofficial visit to Auburn and an official visit also is likely, AuburnUndercover has learned.

According to Taylor Hamm of GigEm247, Stidham will unofficially visit the Tigers for next week's season-opener at home vs. Clemson.

According to knowledgeable sources, Stidham very possibly will officially visit Auburn two weeks later when the Tigers play host to Texas A&M.

What would make that particular visit all the more intriguing is that sources continue to indicate this is shaping up to be an Auburn-Texas A&M battle.

Worth noting: According to Hamm, Stidham said Auburn is recruiting him harder than anyone at this time.

At Stephenville (Texas), Stidham was the No. 1 dual-threat quarterback in the country for the 247Sports rankings in 2015. Auburn recruited him hard, but he ultimately chose Baylor.

As a true freshman, Stidham started three games for the Bears, passing for 1,265 yards, 12 touchdowns and two interceptions while completing nearly 69 percent of his passes.

He left the program this summer after the dismissal of coach Art Briles. He plans to attend a junior college this fall, but not play.

Stidham has told Hamm a decision on his future likely won't come until December.

Stidham attended Auburn's first practice of preseason camp and has communicated often with the staff. 

18 hours ago, ellitor said:

Sure do want this guy. If getting Briles is a key to getting him, I hope we can sign Briles to a coaching contract. The plus is if there is a way to combine the running success of Gus' offense with the passing success of Briles' offense, I am all for it.

So, basically it seems we want Briles because of Stidham? If Briles comes to AU, how long would he stay? 1, maybe 2 years. Then we're looking for another OC. I know that can happen with any OC, however, if Gus is going to call the plays, it seems like it would be better to get a GOOD QB coach and have someone that develops the kind of QB Gus wants and leave him to call the plays. He probably needs to do that anyway.

27 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

So, basically it seems we want Briles because of Stidham? If Briles comes to AU, how long would he stay? 1, maybe 2 years. Then we're looking for another OC. I know that can happen with any OC, however, if Gus is going to call the plays, it seems like it would be better to get a GOOD QB coach and have someone that develops the kind of QB Gus wants and leave him to call the plays. He probably needs to do that anyway.

No. We want Briles because we think he has a good offensive mind and he has shown the ability to coach QBs. 

Edited by JFDTiger80
Misspelled a word
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

JMHO, but I think Briles would be a good fit.  The Baylor offense was similar to what we want to do.  Gus and the Briles' have a good relationship and he went to Baylor to collaborate about Offense already.

I also believe that the younger Briles is a few years away from becoming a HC, so if he came to AU I would expect him to be here about 3 years or so.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

FWIW Bigbird has met KB & says he is a good coach in his own right. I don't think we are looking at taking KB for Stidham. My guess is Gus has thought about adding KB a good bit before Stidham even became an option.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW Bigbird has met KB & says he is a good coach in his own right. I don't think we are looking at taking KB for Stidham. My guess is Gus has thought about adding KB a good bit before Stidham even became an option.

I'd say this is correct. Stidham would be the icing on the cake. Like real real good tasting ice cream. Crack rock ice cream. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Since this thread is getting the most play right now. Is there any word on other recruits coming in for the Clemson game?

Yes. 1 site has a list but it's VIP right now. I will tell you there are 20 4*s, 8 3*s, & Stidham who is a former 5*. I expect the list to grow next week as it is the only quality on campus game in the southeast in week 1.

12 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Since this thread is getting the most play right now. Is there any word on other recruits coming in for the Clemson game?

Going to be a huge visit weekend. Haven't seen a full list yet. I'm sure we will see a list next week. 

4 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

How many years will Stidham be eligible for come the '18 season.

at that point 2 but he will be coming in & able to play the 2017 season with 3 years of eligibility.

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 9:03 AM, ellitor said:

E is correct as usual. Also I think we get both.

• Like 1

I think both are with us next year as well. I am also very excited about the possibilities KB will bring.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think both are with us next year as well. I am also very excited about the possibilities KB will bring.

Definitely agree. Now we need to win our share of games this year so that this can happen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Definitely agree. Now we need to win our share of games this year so that this can happen.

As long as Gus makes it I think it happens but nothing is for sure with Auburn these days

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

As long as Gus makes it I think it happens but nothing is for sure with Auburn these days

These days????  I've followed Auburn for over 50 years and it seems nothing has ever been "for sure".^-^

On 8/25/2016 at 10:14 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I'd say this is correct. Stidham would be the icing on the cake. Like real real good tasting ice cream. Crack rock ice cream. 

Wait WDE, are you saying crack rock taste good? :poke: I wouldn't know myself. Maybe that's why there was/is an epidemic. :gofig:  Anyways, Stidham would be a great addition to our arsenal. Hope we get him.