New Auburn Tiger Commitment

The Prowler

This guy really liked the atmosphere on the Plains. The UGA game put him over the top!

WDE

Seems like a "project" kid to me.

Look at the schools he has narrowed it down to.

That is usually a good indicator of the caliber of athlete.

He will be good in 3 years IMO.

good pick up for Tubbs i guess.

Guest Tigrinum Major

127144[/snapback]

I try not to get too excited over recruiting news. If anyone is old as I am, they might remember that Bo wasn't the highest rated RB out of high school that year, it was a guy named Alan Evans from one of the Montgomery schools. Mr. Evans played as a freshman, but later transferred when he saw the writing on the wall in the form of "Go, Bo, Go!" bumper stickers after midway through Bo's freshman season.

All that being said, I am glad that he chose Auburn because of the atmosphere. If he contributes next year or in 2008, I wish him well as an Auburn Tiger.

War Damn Eagle!

Tall and fast! That seems to be the mold for the CTT & the AU Tigers. Ht: 6-2.5 Wt: 210 40: 4.6

There are running backs and wide receivers that run 40's in the 4.6 range. That size and speed could be an assett on special teams.

127144[/snapback]

I try not to get too excited over recruiting news. If anyone is old as I am, they might remember that Bo wasn't the highest rated RB out of high school that year, it was a guy named Alan Evans from one of the Montgomery schools. Mr. Evans played as a freshman, but later transferred when he saw the writing on the wall in the form of "Go, Bo, Go!" bumper stickers after midway through Bo's freshman season.

All that being said, I am glad that he chose Auburn because of the atmosphere. If he contributes next year or in 2008, I wish him well as an Auburn Tiger.

War Damn Eagle!

127147[/snapback]

Alan Evans was from Enterprise. He was only the third best back AU signed that year. The second best was from Opp, I think his name was Tim Jessie. But Pat Dye beat out Jackie Sherrill at A&M for Evans, and that was supposed to be the recruiting coup. Evans transferred to UT-Chattanooga, but I think he graduated from AU eventually. Pat Dye mentions it in his book.

127144[/snapback]

Scout.com has him as a 3-star prospect, Rivals has him as a 4-star, and you think he's a "project"? Not seeing what you're seeing dude.

127144[/snapback]

If this is accurate, he had a lot of offers. He camped at AU and Clemson. CTT should have a good idea of what he can do.

Scout.com has him as a 3-star prospect, Rivals has him as a 4-star, and you think he's a "project"?  Not seeing what you're seeing dude.

127174[/snapback]

Im "seeing" that he will not come in and make an instant impact. What are you "seeing dude?!" Case in point: Tez Dolittle was a 4 star and ppl thought the world of him.

Moved to DL and nothing. Had he been fullback...well we will never know.

Dansby was ausome! but not right away.

CTT has a way of bringing in kids with "potential" and then molding them and moving them to adjust to his system.

This kid will have to gain some weight and probably adjust to the speed and learn more technique.

Where as, some kids (Leon Hart for example) can come right in and get the system Also see Adrian Peterson, Erik Ainge Chad Henne to name a few...dude.

jeeze...is Blackmon a 'project' too?

127181[/snapback]

If he is, there are some verrrrrrry good players already on the Plains. :big:

He is one I sure hope :au: can sign!

Im "seeing" that he will not come in and make an instant impact. What are you "seeing dude?!" Case in point: Tez Dolittle was a 4 star and ppl thought the world of him.

Moved to DL and nothing. Had he been fullback...well we will never know.

Dansby was ausome! but not right away.

CTT has a way of bringing in kids with "potential" and then molding them and moving them to adjust to his system.

This kid will have to gain some weight and probably adjust to the speed and learn more technique.

Where as, some kids (Leon Hart for example) can come right in and get the system  Also see Adrian Peterson, Erik Ainge Chad Henne to name a few...dude.

127180[/snapback]

Well, you gotta give me something. Have you seen the kid play? He's no smaller than our current crop of LBs and I don't believe I've seen anything to suggest that we'd be moving him from his natural position like Doolittle or Dansby. I'm just wondering, based on the size, speed and height info, along with the star ratings he's getting, why you think he's a project.

Don't get all offended. Your comment just seemed to come out of the blue like you had insider knowledge or something.

stamper plays inside linebacker in high school. he's going to gain some weight when he gets here, but he looks like the perfect understudy to travis if you ask me. he's got really good speed, and if he plays in the middle, you know he can hit. i'd say he's got a solid shot at the special teams next year, and we've got an opening at backup mlb. kevis burnam will be a senior, but he's never cracked the rotation before so it's a spot that could be claimed. who knows. he's 17 or 18. give 'em time to prove us right.

Ok Titan let's put it this way....when i say project, im not saying like a dansby necessarily (mainly b/c he wont be a safety or whip or rover) but am merely saying that he will need to get bigger and faster and those kinds of things. Heck, ernie sims was the #1 player in the country 2 years ago out of high school and took him a year before he played, and that was primarily on Special teams. Now he is tearing up the ACC as LB.

I am just saying to me, it seems to work out that a 5*****star plays right away, a 4**** his redshirt frosh year, a 3*** his soph year. Not always of course, (see above) as nothing is absolute. dont take it so literally. just saying i think he will require some work before he makes an impact. ok so "project" may have been a bad term to use here, but you get the idea.

and no i dont have any "insider" info lol my appologies oh great administrator

lol my appologies oh great administrator

127213[/snapback]

Is there a reason you're feeling the need to act like a snot? I mean, is this really over a simple comment like "I don't get what you're seeing, dude"? I don't recall having any run-ins with you before for you to have such a burr under your saddle.

I think the kid fits the MO that Tuberville has often stated about recruits. Tall, fast and athletic. For years, Bama used to recruit kids like this that they could beef up to a LB or DE or plug him in as a big SS. I trust they've seen the kid play, worked him out at camps, etc. and he fits the mold.

Well dudes, I gotta' go work on a project. See you dudes in a bit.

Yeah, if Blackmon doesn't commit to us I'll be really shocked. If we can land him and Hayes (possibly even Atkins), along with the commits we already have in Sharpe and Stamper...we'll be set on defense for a long time.

Archived