Biggest "insider miss" in recruiting history?

aushrink

My suggestion to anybody who questions the integrity of the "insiders" associated with this site and all the other sites is to not pay attention to what the insiders say next year. Or better yet, insiders, just don't pass on any information that you get next year. Then see how many people are begging for any information they can get. JMO.

There has been a backlash which is ridiculous. Our "insiders" are on a free board offering information that took work to get. Anyone who is upset with insiders, just follow AL.com or worse to get your information. "food was horrible and portions so small".

it isn't that they were wrong. It is the way people with opposing viewpoints of the situation were treated. If you weren't pumping pure sunshine you got jumped on like I have never seen before.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not blaming any insiders on their information. I was actually hearing the same thing. All did the best they could with the information being given.

The Evans recruitment was truly over the top. Hope we never get into that type of show time contest again.

With that being said, it is time to move on. No need to discuss Evans and AU unless he is playing against us on the field.

I always appreciate the info we get. I have said it before and I will say it 100 more times.......These "sources" are passing along info that recruits give to our staff. Our staff has zero idea what these recruits are telling other staff's.

Example...a player today was telling our staff, and some of our recruits, one thing. He was telling another staff, and at least one of their current players, the exact same thing that he was telling our staff. Kid straight up lied to one of the staff's. I hope we kick his butt the next four years!!

My suggestion to anybody who questions the integrity of the "insiders" associated with this site and all the other sites is to not pay attention to what the insiders say next year. Or better yet, insiders, just don't pass on any information that you get next year. Then see how many people are begging for any information they can get. JMO.

There has been a backlash which is ridiculous. Our "insiders" are on a free board offering information that took work to get. Anyone who is upset with insiders, just follow AL.com or worse to get your information. "food was horrible and portions so small".

it isn't that they were wrong. It is the way people with opposing viewpoints of the situation were treated. If you weren't pumping pure sunshine you got jumped on like I have never seen before.

This. Information is great and welcomed. Playing games and condescension is not. True, I can take my ball and go play somewhere else if I don't like it to appease the "you don't like it then don't let the door hit you on the way out" crowd, but that would be just as juvenile of me to do as it is for those who say things like that.

wde

I am not blaming any insiders on their information. I was actually hearing the same thing. All did the best they could with the information being given.

The Evans recruitment was truly over the top. Hope we never get into that type of show time contest again.

With that being said, it is time to move on. No need to discuss Evans and AU unless he is playing against us on the field.

I agree.

Who? Evans? Don't he play for the tahd? Why are we talking about bammers? What's so special bout him?

Whiners gonna whine.

Agreed, this all sounds like David Pollack jokingly saying that our offense this past season was cheating. Just like a huge bowl of sour grapes and crying over spilled milk.

I think maybe Evan's moms reaction was for the couple of loud "boos" that rang out. I think they all thought balloons would fall from the ceiling, a chorus of angels would dance and nicky would do the electric slide.

ooh gonna punish us by not handing out inside information. What will I do? I think I am already having withdrawal symptoms. You people kill me. You sit around like a dog panting waiting on someone to feed you. I like to read it but I can easily live without it. They get praise for getting it right. Got to be able to take criticism when they get it wrong.

I appreciate the efforts of the "insiders" to keep us informed about recruiting issues and prospects.....but they should not get too wrapped up in their roles as facilitators and think they have become oracles. Also as has been discussed, what people are saying and what they are doing does not always jive....and can cause some of us old hands ,who have been around the block a few times, to wonder.....and express that skepticism.

There is surely enough evidence out there over the years to suggest that some of these young HS kids will... tell people what they want to hear,.... outright lie....or often they just don't have a firm opinion about AU or other schools they are considering.

For that reason, the insiders have nothing to be ashamed of for making the wrong call. It can happen to the best "insider" and given enough time and predictions, it will probably happen to all of them sooner or later.

So....keep at it "insiders".....your views are always nice to have... even if they do not always paint the entire picture.

Here's the thing: When some of us expressed doubts because of the way the Evans outfit was behaving (watch what they do, not what they say) we were scoffed at and called "nervous nellies" and similar things. That's fine, no problem, I can take that all day long. By Tuesday I did what most doubters did and simply quit posting about Evans. No need in riling folks up, right?

So now when those that were doing the name calling are wrong they should take it all day long too. Toughen up, what was good for the goose should be good for the gander.

Here's the thing: When some of us expressed doubts because of the way the Evans outfit was behaving (watch what they do, not what they say) we were scoffed at and called "nervous nellies" and similar things. That's fine, no problem, I can take that all day long. By Tuesday I did what most doubters did and simply quit posting about Evans. No need in riling folks up, right?

So now when those that were doing the name calling are wrong they should take it all day long too. Toughen up, what was good for the goose should be good for the gander.

Im with you Mikey. I never post about recruiting, just read but, based on the side show that had become and the "look at me" moments that they continued to create i never felt RE would end up in Auburn and I wasn't the least bit surprised when his announcement confirmed it.

Guest jojo1515

Just for reference, about 3 weeks ago I gave a prediction of RE to AU at 20 percent and was called out by many many people for it. That being said, it is not the fault of anybody on here that RE didnt sign with AU. The "insiders" on this board put a lot of hard work into getting the best info they can get. It is not their fault that a family of classless individuals that fit in at bama like a round peg in a hole lied to everyone on the AU side. Recruiting is a fickle beast and I applaud the efforts put forth on this site to provide us all with free info. A couple misses are going to hapoen here and there (especially with LIARS) but they dont even come close to outweighing the many many many bits of good info put forth. I cant believe there is almost 40 pages of insider bashing. Without them, we would all either wait til signing day for any info or pay money to a site writing articles that dont need to be written just to make you feel like you are getting something for your money. Personally, I'll take this place a million to one over the other options.

Just for reference, about 3 weeks ago I gave a prediction of RE to AU at 20 percent and was called out by many many people for it. That being said, it is not the fault of anybody on here that RE didnt sign with AU. The "insiders" on this board put a lot of hard work into getting the best info they can get. It is not their fault that a family of classless individuals that fit in at bama like a round peg in a hole lied to everyone on the AU side. Recruiting is a fickle beast and I applaud the efforts put forth on this site to provide us all with free info. A couple misses are going to hapoen here and there (especially with LIARS) but they dont even come close to outweighing the many many many bits of good info put forth. I cant believe there is almost 40 pages of insider bashing. Without them, we would all either wait til signing day for any info or pay money to a site writing articles that dont need to be written just to make you feel like you are getting something for your money. Personally, I'll take this place a million to one over the other options.

I dont think all these posts are bashing insiders. I know I have no intention of bashing anyone. Its not anyone's fault the kid went elsewhere but, now that it's all gone down especially the way it did, I could easily be persuaded to believe Auburn dodged a bullet.

I don't know if all this backlash is really insider bashing or more about the bashing those who said Evans would not go to AU took from the insiders and others. If anyone said ANYTHING but Evans would be at AU they were ridiculed, called "bammers" and many of their posts were deleted.....it did seem anyone who disagreed with "insiders" got the short end of the stick.

That's not saying the insiders should be bashed....don't get me wrong, I too appreciate info and understand they may be right but could be wrong, we are dealing with teenagers after all....but in this case those who disagreed or had different "info" were treated poorly IMO because they weren't toting the company line.

Just my oberservation.

I don't know if all this backlash is really insider bashing or more about the bashing those who said Evans would not go to AU took from the insiders and others. If anyone said ANYTHING but Evans would be at AU they were ridiculed, called "bammers" and many of their posts were deleted.....it did seem anyone who disagreed with "insiders" got the short end of the stick.

That's not saying the insiders should be bashed....don't get me wrong, I too appreciate info and understand they may be right but could be wrong, we are dealing with teenagers after all....but in this case those who disagreed or had different "info" were treated poorly IMO because they weren't toting the company line.

Just my oberservation.

This may have been true, but none of the bashing came from those making predictions. The "insider" information that was reported here was apparently the same info that the paid "insiders" were getting and selling to their sites. I apologize for nothing.

This sums it up pretty good. I understand what happened and actually the insiders aren't really wrong as far as the info they heard was the info told. But when you make fun of people for doubting expect those people to come back with something to say because if he had signed insiders would definitely have said it.

Also some of the stuff is jealously I believe. If some people wouldn't be placed on such a pedestal by others I don't think the backlash would be quite as bad. IMO

This may have been true, but none of the bashing came from those making predictions. The "insider" information that was reported here was apparently the same info that the paid "insiders" were getting and selling to their sites. I apologize for nothing.

Very very true. The people considered insiders here did nothing more than give out the info they had. I never saw an insider bash those predicting Evans to bama. Normal posters were the ones complaining about predictions of Evans to bama. I don't understand what the big deal is. If you make an unpopular prediction here what do you really expect?

The biggest backlash here came over those trashing the Evans family while the recruitment was still active. In my opinion those posters deserved to be bashed for at least their poor timing. I see some of them are the ones complaining about their mistreatment in this thread. I don't like to see any recruits family bashed period, and the posts from here about Rashaan's family are still on his twitter page for any of his friends at AHS to see.

Very very true. The people considered insiders here did nothing more than give out the info they had. I never saw an insider bash those predicting Evans to bama. Normal posters were the ones complaining about predictions of Evans to bama. I don't understand what the big deal is. If you make an unpopular prediction here what do you really expect?

The biggest backlash here came over those trashing the Evans family while the recruitment was still active. In my opinion those posters deserved to be bashed for at least their poor timing. I see some of them are the ones complaining about their mistreatment in this thread. I don't like to see any recruits family bashed period, and the posts from here about Rashaan's family are still on his twitter page for any of his friends at AHS to see.

Interesting correlation. Coincidence?

I appreciate the efforts of the "insiders" to keep us informed about recruiting issues and prospects.....but they should not get too wrapped up in their roles as facilitators and think they have become oracles. Also as has been discussed, what people are saying and what they are doing does not always jive....and can cause some of us old hands ,who have been around the block a few times, to wonder.....and express that skepticism.

There is surely enough evidence out there over the years to suggest that some of these young HS kids will... tell people what they want to hear,.... outright lie....or often they just don't have a firm opinion about AU or other schools they are considering.

For that reason, the insiders have nothing to be ashamed of for making the wrong call. It can happen to the best "insider" and given enough time and predictions, it will probably happen to all of them sooner or later.

So....keep at it "insiders".....your views are always nice to have... even if they do not always paint the entire picture.

I could not have said it better.

My purpose in starting this thread had nothing to do with questioning the credibility of the insiders. I even made a statement that their "info" was only as good as the coaches ability to read the body language of high school kids.

Bash is sort of a strong word. I didn't see insiders bash anybody but I definitely saw some make fun of and somewhat belittle guys who doubted comments. Also as far as those 6 or whatever I don't think saying he was bammer was a big problem but when you start going at a kids family.....I mean come on, grown men talking about a kids dad, mom and having harsh stuff to say about his grandfather's party.

It's football man. Some of you are waaaay to into it

Archived