2014 5* DE Rashaan Evans (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

We're going to try this thread one more time ...

BEFORE YOU POST, A FEW RULES REMINDERS:

• No "unsubstantiated" rumors. Rule of thumb, if you don't have a link for it, don't post it. Keeps the goofy stuff to a minimum. In some cases we may make an exception on what's considered a legit source. Just don't hallucinate new rumors.
  • When referring to an article, give us a link, ALWAYS!
  • Do not post info from AU Premium Sites. We are all friends here in the AUFAMILY. We respect their sites and we have pretty good relations with other sites' admins too. Do not make us look like a dimestore version by ripping their efforts off. We are a free site. We are supported by sponsors and donations. We know we cannot at present compete with the total insider information/recruiting business plan. We specialize in hard info and humor. It's what we do.
  • And most importantly, Leave the Recruits, Current Players, Players at other schools, and their families alone. Do NOT levy personal attacks. Period.

We're going to monitor this thread extremely close ... zero tolerance ... you've been warned. Carry on.

927247.jpg

Rashaan Evans, OLB/DE

Auburn, AL

6'3 / 214 / 4.51

- Lead Recruiters: Rhett Lashlee (P), Ellis Johnson (S)

- Visited AU 1/19/14, 11/30/13, 11/16/13, 8/31/13, 5/25/13 (Big Cat Weekend), 5/12/13, 4/15/13, 4/12/13, 2/23/13 (Junior Day), 2/13/13, 1/19/13

- OV 1/24/14

- Gus Malzahn In-Home Visit 2/01/14

247Sports: 5* (Top247 - No. 11)

Rivals: 5* (Rivals100 - No. 14)

Scout: 5*

Offers: Alabama, Arizona, Auburn, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisiana-Lafayette, LSU, Minnesota, Mississippi State, NC State, Nebraska, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, Oregon, Purdue, South Carolina, TC, Tennessee, Texas Tech, UCLA, USC and Washington, among others.

Evans plays with a lot of speed on the football field. He has spent much of his career playing with his hand down at rush end and he looks like he is shot out of a canon at times. He is very explosive and he also plays under control. He could be used as an outside linebacker in college as well, but no matter his position he will be rushing the passer. He is athletic enough to make the drops, but chasing the QB is his strength. - Chad Simmons

http://auburn.scout....c=1&nid=5798688

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red hope you don't plan on sleeping till Wednesday. :-)

Lord help me ...

Just lock it when you go to bed and unlock it in the morning. I think the names of the shameful six should be posted again, at least until signing day.

Bama insider on Rashaan:

- ChaseAU: For those that recall, I posted earlier in the week that a friend of mine knows Alan Evans very well. Well enough that he was at the birthday party for Rashaan's Grandfather tonight - he didn't leave that long ago and I had sent him a funny picture earlier and he just responded a little over an hour ago to it staying he was just getting home from there.

With that said I asked him if he had any new info and he stated that he believes even more now than he did previously that if the decision was Alan's to make that Bama would be the choice (which I found surprising given that he's an AU legacy). He stated that Alan seems to really be enjoying the recruiting process despite saying all the right things. He stated that Alan was a little more guarded today and/or reluctant to get into details than he was on their phone conversation earlier in the week but that he still got the impression that nothing had changed and that Rashaan is still AU bound.

A few other details - he states he was late arriving but didn't see Malzahn or Smart while he was there. He didn't ask Alan directly where they were or what time they left as he stated that Alan controlled most of the conversation and it never seemed appropriate to ask and take attention away from the reason they were all there (the 80th bday celebration).

I know there isn't really any new info here but I wanted to pass along what I heard. I asked my friend if he thought there was any chance Rashaan would ultimately choose Alabama and his response was "unless Alan is really trying to pull the wool over my eyes, no."

I realize by sharing this that if by some chance Evans chooses us then I should be banned from the board, but I wouldn't post it if I didn't trust the source.

This young man has a lot of impressive measurables ... speed, size, coverage skills ... But the most impressive thing I have seen and could possibly be all I need to see was him truck the LT in the UA game. That was impressive power by a 220 pounder against a much larger guy.

Showed great power and quicks to the point of contact

I can't believe how many LBs bama has. Makes no sense why he would want to get buried in the depth chart

That won't keep them from telling him what he wants to hear to get him and keep him away from us.

He could have a bigger freshman year than Carl Lawson if he comes to us.

I am sure Rashaan knows how we truly feel about him, I hope we understand the rules and abide by them. Sure, this a sports/recruiting forum but if you won't say it to your momma don't say it here. Just my 2 cents

Sunshine pumping only. Got it

Really, shouldn't this basically be the norm for a recruiting forum?? Regardless of how you feel about recruits reading these forums we should remain positive to help ourselves. If an insider gets some bad news to report that is one thing, but people that read media reports and then come post their bad feelings does nothing to provide info or help the situation. We can all read the same media reports and form our opinions, we probably don't want to read about other fans feelings or intuition. There is no reason for any of us to bash the recruits, or their family, for how they go about making the most important decision of their young life.

Really, shouldn't this basically be the norm for a recruiting forum?? Regardless of how you feel about recruits reading these forums we should remain positive to help ourselves. If an insider gets some bad news to report that is one thing, but people that read media reports and then come post their bad feelings does nothing to provide info or help the situation. We can all read the same media reports and form our opinions, we probably don't want to read about other fans feelings or intuition. There is no reason for any of us to bash the recruits, or their family, for how they go about making the most important decision of their young life.

if a recruit is swayed by an Internet message board then there are deeper issues. I know the recruiting process has gotten ridiculous over the last several years. I just wonder how far it will go. It has almost soured me on college athletics altogether. I can guarantee one thing.

Maybe all forums?

What image does it give when posters on here rip our players or coaches...it's not like a possible recruit would limit his/ her reading to just this particular forum.

On the other hand, AU has what? 100,000 or 200,000 ,more? alums out there in the world and it's kind of unrealistic to expect on a board like this where posts are basically anonymous that you won't get some outrageous commentary.

I can't believe how many LBs bama has. Makes no sense why he would want to get buried in the depth chart

That won't keep them from telling him what he wants to hear to get him and keep him away from us.

He could have a bigger freshman year than Carl Lawson if he comes to us.

Hopefully he sees how much he's wanted at AU! We are in dire need of linebackers but at bama they have a locker room full! There is no denying that Rashaan would break AU's heart if he signs with bama, if he signs with us trust me it Will Not hurt bama one bit! And that is the truth! As many has already posted, bama do not want Rashaan at AU, they only want him to always keep us in need of linebackers! It's no secret bama does not want to see AU on an even talent laden field with them, because they know we would rule the iron bowl from that point on! So kids reading this; Please use your own eyes and judgement because at the end of the day, bama do not really need most of the kids on their team, they were only signed to build up their recruiting numbers and most importantly; keep them away from AU! WDE

Archived