2014 5* DE Rashaan Evans (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless, I hope the Stupid Six are banned, permanently, by IP address. JMO. Some of us here chirp back and forth, but most of us, don't care to hear players, prospects or relatives getting dogged.

Cooltigger21, if you are so put out by the supposed antics of this recruit, then just don't pay it any attention. I think most on this site would be fine with getting RE's loi. When posters start taking these things personally and feel the need to attack these kids and their families it is just sad. Rant over.

As always my friends, War Eagle!

Cooltigger21, if you are so put out by the supposed antics of this recruit, then just don't pay it any attention. I think most on this site would be fine with getting RE's loi. When posters start taking these things personally and feel the need to attack these kids and their families it is just sad. Rant over.

I don't think RE is a bad kid nor are his parents bad parents. I just think the whole recruiting process in general has gone way too far. The attention can be overwhelming for these young men. Maybe I am just an old fuddy duddy.

Amen.

It's funny to hear someone complain over their lack of ability to criticize a recruit. Even with all of our "insider info.", we rarely have a true clue what these recruits and their families are really thinking. All indications I have gotten from people with info. I trust is that he is a great kid and his family has good and very solid character.

The playing time argument for linebackers does not seem to affect Saban's recruiting pitch in the least Pete Smith, Calloway, Foster etc... What we need to hope for is RE feeling more at home with his future Auburn teammates and coaches than the Bama players and coaches.

IMHO RE's actions for the past week have indicated he will go to Bama, But I hope he comes to Auburn. He makes us better in 2014.

I don't think RE is a bad kid nor are his parents bad parents. I just think the whole recruiting process in general has gone way too far. The attention can be overwhelming for these young men. Maybe I am just an old fuddy duddy.

You can't blame recruits or their families for it. Everything they do is sensationalized to try and "sell papers".

Regardless, I hope the Stupid Six are banned, permanently, by IP address. JMO. Some of us here chirp back and forth, but most of us, don't care to hear players, prospects or relatives getting dogged.

Who does "the six" include? I'd be interested so I would know not to respond to anything further from them. If we don't need to list them fine, just figured I'd address the elephant in the room and ask since it relates to RE. No biggie.

**EDIT** Duh, if someone wanted to just PM me, that would probably be more appropriate. TIA.

You can't blame recruits or their families for it. Everything they do is sensationalized to try and "sell papers".

Believe me I know and we are the ones to blame. Look at this board alone. People are all over these kids texting them or calling the nonstop trying to get any kind of info they can put up knowing we will eat it up and pony up the money for it. I know it isn't going to change so I will just have to adapt.

Partly true....but how much have we heard from the Braden Smith or John Bonney families? ...and a number of other undeclared kids? Granted every recruit's family goes about it differently but I think blaming the media is a bit farfetched in this case.

Amen.

It's funny to hear someone complain over their lack of ability to criticize a recruit. Even with all of our "insider info.", we rarely have a true clue what these recruits and their families are really thinking. All indications I have gotten from people with info. I trust is that he is a great kid and his family has good and very solid character.

Exactly. We know nothing.

I was not on during the meltdown, but I don't think it is fair to blame 6 people for a stud linebacker recruit choosing Bama. There is a history of stud linebackers choosing Bama without comments from this forum.

I view the comments of the 6 as a symptom that things were beginning to lean Bama's way not the cause. I realize I am fighting a losing battle and if RE goes to Bama then people will look for a scapegoat, but I don't think this is a better place if we eat our own.

Partly true....but how much have we heard from the Braden Smith or John Bonney families? ...and a number of other undeclared kids? Granted every recruit's family goes about it differently but I think blaming the media is a bit farfetched in this case.

I stand by my quote. I didn't say it was all the media's fault. It is as much the consumers fault.

Who are we to guess why one recruits family may be involved more than another's and then make uninformed judgments on them based on our guesses? That is infinitely sadder than anyone's family member taking an interest in their child's future.

I was not on during the meltdown, but I don't think it is fair to blame 6 people for a stud linebacker recruit choosing Bama. There is a history of stud linebackers choosing Bama without comments from this forum.

I view the comments of the 6 as a symptom that things were beginning to lean Bama's way not the cause. I realize I am fighting a losing battle and if RE goes to Bama then people will look for a scapegoat, but I don't think this is a better place if we eat our own.

Yes Bird but when those 6 posters attack the players family on a message board and the recruit in question sees these postings from a program that is all about family then it does not look good. I know I would not like reading negative comments about my family from people who don't know anything about me or my family.

Well we have to.....we were up to over 250 pages and now have to start over with less than a week to do it again.

I'm glad I missed things. There is an article on al.com that makes the party sound awkward. I do think people should be allowed to express their opinions without crossing lines. The final days will be tough for him, he knows what auburn is about. knows the fans. Knows the coaches, I think we have shown we want him bad. And the coaches have shown what he could do to help us get back. WDE Rashaan.

Some people love controversy . It's the way it is. I say we lead for Rashaam's LOI like Seattle is stomping Denver, not even close

Thanks for doing this. I have been seriously considering not renewing my premium account elsewhere, because it has become exactly what the previous RE thread became here.

One of the best attributes to this site is it is pro Auburn, while also being fair and balanced.

You people on here can damn sure beat a dead horse. Jeez.

No kidding. Probably should have never opened this thread up again. This is going right down the same damn road.

Im convinced bama doesnt do the evaluation work AU and most of the other SEC teams do. Every 5* gets an offer. A lot of 4*s get offers. Maybe it is a luxury they have casting a huge net, but if Coker doesnt work out there will be a lot of head shaking (like the situation at UF). They may have gotten lazy as success on the field makes recruiting easy. I am not sure they even recruit for need. They recruit for stars.

This is funny now. Geeze I hope he picks AU. No crap we need that next big LB talent. Having Tre AND Evans is a huge step towards fielding that next great AU D.

Well I know he is a great talent. If he does sign with Auburn, then I will be all for him making a great player for us. I trust Gus and the rest of the staff to make all of these guys part of the team. I know coach Russell will start, like all good drill seagents, tearing them down and rebuilding them the right way.

So back to the recruit at hand as a player...

Thoughts on the if it would be a legitimate idea to mover Therezie? And if Evans would get the full time nod?

honestly I believe we bump Holsey to CB with Mincy on the other side safeties would be whitehead Therezie star Evans LB Garrett Cassinova

Sounds solid to me

So back to the recruit at hand as a player...

Thoughts on the if it would be a legitimate idea to mover Therezie? And if Evans would get the full time nod?

honestly I believe we bump Holsey to CB with Mincy on the other side safeties would be whitehead Therezie star Evans LB Garrett Cassinova

Sounds solid to me

Sounds like an improved back 7. Lawson, Wright, Whitaker, Owens on D-Line. Sounds like a much improved defense.

Archived