2014 5* DE Rashaan Evans (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

So back to the recruit at hand as a player...

Thoughts on the if it would be a legitimate idea to mover Therezie? And if Evans would get the full time nod?

honestly I believe we bump Holsey to CB with Mincy on the other side safeties would be whitehead Therezie star Evans LB Garrett Cassinova

Sounds solid to me

I agree with you on Holsey going back to corner, the guy has talent at corner and that is probably where his future is at. Safety would be a battle between King, Whitehead, Fisher, Harding and Alexander. i could see us keeping Therezie at starting star and using Evans in more of a utility role. Part backup outside linebacker and part backup star, just to get him on the field in different situations.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thoughts on the if it would be a legitimate idea to mover Therezie? And if Evans would get the full time nod?

honestly I believe we bump Holsey to CB with Mincy on the other side safeties would be whitehead Therezie star Evans LB Garrett Cassinova

Sounds solid to me

Sounds like an improved back 7. Lawson, Wright, Whitaker, Owens on D-Line. Sounds like a much improved defense.

All those guys a year older, stronger, smarter....should be a recipe for a much better defense...which IMO was generally better than it got credit for this year against a bunch of really good QB driven teams. I can't think of many years...if any, when we played against so many really good QBs in the SEC...and fortunately, just about all of them are gone.

If RE could fill the Star spot like we all are thinking and hoping, I'd love to see Therezie moved to safety. Even if it took a platoon system for a while that would be cool too, work him in and he takes over later or alternate them for certain situations. Don't forget Montcrief coming too, he'll be pressing for Safety time as well. As long as we get our best on the field together as often as possible I'm a happy guy.

Sounds solid to me

I agree with you on Holsey going back to corner, the guy has talent at corner and that is probably where his future is at. Safety would be a battle between King, Whitehead, Fisher, Harding and Alexander. i could see us keeping Therezie at starting star and using Evans in more of a utility role. Part backup outside linebacker and part backup star, just to get him on the field in different situations.

Don't forget moncrief. I'll think he get start on the back end. Holsey is the other corner with minzie

Someone update the first post. I missed something. Bama got Evans? We have idiots? I don't care about details.

It appears that is the way it will go. But that is still up in the air.

Lots of them.

If RE could fill the Star spot like we all are thinking and hoping, I'd love to see Therezie moved to safety. Even if it took a platoon system for a while that would be cool too, work him in and he takes over later or alternate them for certain situations. Don't forget Montcrief coming too, he'll be pressing for Safety time as well. As long as we get our best on the field together as often as possible I'm a happy guy.

Exactly what i was thinking. The future looks bright if we can sign him! :wareagle:

Someone update the first post. I missed something. Bama got Evans? We have idiots? I don't care about details.

Lots of them.

Lol no, Evans is still going to AU IMO.

So I checked in earlier this afternoon for an update on the party and saw where quite a few were experiencing face melting despair over the AL.com article. Apparently RE began repeating some of the comments made here? I still don't follow the dots where RE is a bama lock now. I have seen the comments of our insiders and they still feel good. Why so much chicken little over this guy? I would love to have him choose us as well, but if not-don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya! Everyone together now.Woooosaaaaa

I worked a 12 hour shift today. this morning everything was status quo. around 4 i had break, I checked out this website and I thought the sky had fallen. glad yall are still alive and well. if your not well, here is some bumper sticker wisdom, dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things.

Lots of them.

According to insiders he's still AU bound so I don't know where you are getting it "appears" he will go to Bama, unless that's just your personal prediction. Alan has been giving mixed signals on where he wants Rashaan to go, which makes it interesting, but his parents have been very adamant about the decision being Rashaan's and Rashaan's alone.

Again, his parents have been very consistent in not letting Rashaan make any snap decisions, so I do not believe anything about this weekend will change his mind. He has been thought to be AU for some time now, so unless everyone was just flat out wrong, he is still going to be a Tiger.

Can someone give me a rundown of what happened here? I'm all kinds of confused. feel free to PM but do not reply in this thread. I thought this kid was all Auburn...

Can someone give me a rundown of what happened here? I'm all kinds of confused. If it's not appropriate for the recruiting thread, feel free to PM. I thought this kid was all Auburn...

Some dumb-dumbs bashed Rashaan and a bammer saw it and tweeted it to him.

Basically what happened was some overzealous, and shortsighted Auburn fans posted some ignorant stuff about the evans family and how they handled rashaan's recruitment.

So I checked in earlier this afternoon for an update on the party and saw where quite a few were experiencing face melting despair over the AL.com article. Apparently RE began repeating some of the comments made here? I still don't follow the dots where RE is a bama lock now. I have seen the comments of our insiders and they still feel good. Why so much chicken little over this guy? I would love to have him choose us as well, but if not-don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya! Everyone together now.Woooosaaaaa

We are not getting back to this discussion again. That will only lead to this thread being locked or deleted as well. If people feel the need to reply do so on a PM.

Can someone give me a rundown of what happened here? I'm all kinds of confused. If it's not appropriate for the recruiting thread, feel free to PM. I thought this kid was all Auburn...

Some dumb-dumbs bashed Rashaan and a bammer saw it and tweeted it to him.

Gotcha. Thanks

Basically what happened was some overzealous, and shortsighted Auburn fans posted some ignorant stuff about the evans family and how they handled rashaan's recruitment.

How are yall so sure they were auburn fans? it mightve been trojan horse bammers. the comments seem to have find its way to evans pretty quick

Most of them have been around too long to be implants. They were represenative of the hysterical part of our fan base. Please take anything related to the other Evans thread to PMs.

I know that we are projecting RE at star but anyone know specifically where we want to move Therize and Garrett to? Who in your opinion would be our back 7 by position?

I know that we are projecting RE at star but anyone know specifically where we want to move Therize and Garrett to? Who in your opinion would be our back 7 by position?

LB: Cass, Garrett

S: Whitehead, Therezie

CB: Holsey, Mincy

Star: Evans

I think Derrick Moncrief will get lots of PT at safety.

If we were to miss on Evans (I still think he is all AU) would Moncrief play star or safety?

Should Rashaan sign, I doubt he starts over Therize. I think Garrett was moved to LB, and so Rashaan would probably see time as a backup and in 3rd and long situations.

Lineup would probably depend on power run or pass happy opponent as well. Didn't we sign a kick safety last year? Khari? Could he break the rotation this year? It's nice to see some depth developing behind the front 4.

It would be nice to see Khari get into the rotation I thought he was a steal last recruiting class.

Archived