2014 5* DE Rashaan Evans (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read the quote where Evans said the schools are now even after this weekend. Is this just to build hype or does he basically know where he's going?

Most everyone is pretty sure that it's AU

I read the quote where Evans said the schools are now even after this weekend. Is this just to build hype or does he basically know where he's going?

i think if he says things are even then we should take it that they are even.inside info does not know whats going on in any recruits mind.

Most think it's build hype.

I'm really disappointed to lose the 250 pages. I was hoping for a record. Who are these infamous "Six" who are reputedly denegrating our recruits. That is quite an accusation.

Im convinced bama doesnt do the evaluation work AU and most of the other SEC teams do. Every 5* gets an offer. A lot of 4*s get offers. Maybe it is a luxury they have casting a huge net, but if Coker doesnt work out there will be a lot of head shaking (like the situation at UF). They may have gotten lazy as success on the field makes recruiting easy. I am not sure they even recruit for need. They recruit for stars.

Seriously? You do realize they put out guys like Chance Warmack last year that had maybe 4 offers and no BCS AQs. They took Vinnie Sunseri who was a nobody. Belue was a 3*.

While recruiting rankings aren't everything, fact is they are solid on the whole. Also, a lot of Bama players start off low and rise through the rankings (bump or being recognized since Bama went after them w.e) Bama has the luxury right now of being in on nearly every recruit so they can choose the best athletes

In a few years hopefully auburn will be there too. For now though we have a bigger need to get a couple under the radar guys

I'm really disappointed to lose the 250 pages. I was hoping for a record. Who are these infamous "Six" who are reputedly denegrating our recruits. That is quite an accusation.

Was not close to a record but any further discussion on that thread or the ones quoted on twitter will be taken to PMs.

I will say this. I have never been a big believer in "inside information" Maybe these guys do know something. I would just rather wait until the actual event takes place. I never was intending anything to be a personal slight against RE or his parents. I did find some aspects of this weekend odd but different strokes for different folks and all of that. If he signs with Auburn great. If not ok that is fine. Not going to let the whims of an 18 year old get me all wound up.

I wasn't here for any of that. Glad I missed it. I don't care who the six are, just glad not be seventh.

I hope we get RE. Would help the class tremendously. Would also be a bit of a blow to lose him.

I just hope that if one of my two sons are ever in the same situation they exhibit as much class as Rashaan

Im convinced bama doesnt do the evaluation work AU and most of the other SEC teams do. Every 5* gets an offer. A lot of 4*s get offers. Maybe it is a luxury they have casting a huge net, but if Coker doesnt work out there will be a lot of head shaking (like the situation at UF). They may have gotten lazy as success on the field makes recruiting easy. I am not sure they even recruit for need. They recruit for stars.

Seriously? You do realize they put out guys like Chance Warmack last year that had maybe 4 offers and no BCS AQs. They took Vinnie Sunseri who was a nobody. Belue was a 3*.

While recruiting rankings aren't everything, fact is they are solid on the whole. Also, a lot of Bama players start off low and rise through the rankings (bump or being recognized since Bama went after them w.e) Bama has the luxury right now of being in on nearly every recruit so they can choose the best athletes

In a few years hopefully auburn will be there too. For now though we have a bigger need to get a couple under the radar guys

While I do agree with some of what you are saying I feel the need to point out that when Sunseri became a member of the Bammer nation his dad was on the coaching staff. Not saying just saying.

I have only read the threads the last few days. I have all kinds of things I would like to say but it would only make certain people mad. I sure hope Evans joins our family this week. He will be a huge difference maker.

Basically what happened was some overzealous, and shortsighted Auburn fans posted some ignorant stuff about the evans family and how they handled rashaan's recruitment.

How are yall so sure they were auburn fans? it mightve been trojan horse bammers. the comments seem to have find its way to evans pretty quick

Most of them have been around too long to be implants. They were represenative of the hysterical part of our fan base. Please take anything related to the other Evans thread to PMs.

Good job to Red and the mods. E if the thundering herd of negative comments start up again it can be redirected to a different scape goat. Tell the posters that it is Jay Jacobs fault. That is always good for a change of beating dead horses. It at least gives one of the dead horses a chance to rest. Thanks also to WDEWDE for at least looking in. Come on home RE.

Someone update the first post. I missed something. Bama got Evans? We have idiots? I don't care about details.

It appears that is the way it will go. But that is still up in the air.

Lots of them.

Lol no, Evans is still going to AU IMO.

I think what you meant is according to the insiders, he is all AU. According to the (well not insiders), he is bama.:) It's all good. only two days and we shall know how it turns out. :) Everyone enjoy the day. when it's all over, WE ARE STILL AUBURN!!

Yea, I think it's been pretty widely reported that for every prospect Bama offers, Nick Saban has film put together of nearly every single play that that recruit was in on in high school.

Yea, I think it's been pretty widely reported that for every prospect Bama offers, Nick Saban has film put together of nearly every single play that that recruit was in on in high school.

Really? Think about that. A D1 recruit starts at least 2 years in high school and maybe 3. If that recruit is in on 20 plays per game, then 2 years of playing is 400 plays. I would think they seriously recruit 40 to 50 guys, then you are looking at 20,000 plays per year to be evaluated. Seems like a lot of plays to evaluate. Maybe so. Just sounds like an urban legend to me.

Im convinced some spend waaaaaaay too much time evaluating bama. Who cares who they recruit? They still cant beat a good AU team. Im sure Evans knows this too.

To whomever asked about if we don't get Evans, I believe then Therezie would remain at star and Moncrief would come in to fill Holsey's safety spot (I firmly believe Holsey goes back to CB)

For those still in panic/negative/worry mode look all we know is everyone on here that is close to the program/recruiting has him to Auburn

All online predictions are to Auburn

So just smile and be assured we're in good shape

Most think it's build hype.

Really? There hasn't been enough of a circus already? IMHO the guy is 33 1/3% each to AU, UAT and UCLA. One thing for certain, whoever he signs with will have a "U" in their initials.

He only gets to get recruited once, let him enjoy the attention. Honestly I'd soak it all up too, and he's trying to make sure it's the right decision

Now let's stop criticizing the process and just appreciate he's most likely ours

How many folks on this board have been recruited to play scholarship athletics? I was for an admittedly very low profile sport rarely covered by ANY media in the pre-personal internet early 1980s and as a 17/18 year old I was bombarded with opinions from 100 different directions, all of which impacted my decision. If RE is not reading this board at some point his friends/relatives are and telling him about it.

Good call RIR et al having a zero tolerance for folks that can't keep it relevant.

Someone update the first post. I missed something. Bama got Evans? We have idiots? I don't care about details.

It appears that is the way it will go. But that is still up in the air.

Lots of them.

Lol no, Evans is still going to AU IMO.

I think what you meant is according to the insiders, he is all AU. According to the (well not insiders), he is bama.:)/> It's all good. only two days and we shall know how it turns out. :)/> Everyone enjoy the day. when it's all over, WE ARE STILL AUBURN!!

Yeah, from what I've gathered whilst scouring the vast expanses of the interweb on this subject, the breakdown of where people think he will end up looks something like this.

85% - Auburn (including just about every insider

Auburn, Bama, or otherwise affiliated)

10% - Bama (mostly Auburn fans)

5% - Unsure (mostly optimistic Bama fans)

Archived