Player Workouts

RunInRed

who are the 4 standing on the floor to nicks left not squatted?

Not sure who is on his immediate left, but after that is Brandon King, Peyton Barber, and Kris Frost. And damn the traps on King. Gettin that Takeo neck!

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frost doesn't look that impressive. I'm not talking about gaining mass but just working out the mass he has. He looks like me and I just eat hamburgers everyday. He barely has abs

Frost doesn't look that impressive. I'm not talking about gaining mass but just working out the mass he has. He looks like me and I just eat hamburgers everyday. He barely has abs

Genetics can cause people to not pack on much size but they can still improve strength considerably. Maybe he falls in that group

Yeah that's what I was saying, I don't know how much weight he can put on so I wasn't saying anything about that but as far as his physique and what he does have on him right now doesn't seem like he's working as hard as he should or maybe not being disciplined as far as what he's supposed to eat. It just looks as there is room for improvement

I'll agree with that... But, what Kris lacks in physique, he makes up in athleticism. This is a guy who ran down Johnny Football from behind.

True, he doesn't look like Brandon King or Sammy, but he doesn't look bad...

Looks can be deceiving as far as strength goes. Other players look like bodybuilders, but that does not always correlate with strength.

The S & C coach has really changed not only the bodies but he has really changed their attitude about working out. A team's attitude about work is vital to them playing as a team and not as an individual. In Gus we trust. :bow:

Looks can be deceiving as far as strength goes. Other players look like bodybuilders, but that does not always correlate with strength.

That is the truth bc i have a friend that is ripped but as weak as a newborn! Genetics!

I agree with all of that I guess I don't think he's been as good as some of you has. I really wouldn't care what be looks like either if he was making more plays. I was sort of giving myself some hope, my logic is if he hasn't been working as hard as he could in the past but started now then that means he has lots of unrealized potential and theoretically he can have a very big jump next year with hard work

No not strength, but it does show discipline IMO. Take Coates for instance his transformation from 2012 to this past year? Didn't surprise me at all that he was so much improved and I wasn't surprised at how many guys he threw off him. Clearly he worked hard to be able to do that

I try and go to the Co-Rec 1 or 2 times a week, and without fail there are always football players in there playing basketball. Heck, if I wasn't so terrible at basketball, I'd go play with them. Last week I know that I saw our very own Nick Marshall running point guard. I now understand why he wanted to be a 2 sport athlete. He is VERY good. Seems even quicker than he did on the football field.

I can totally do that...

Anyone else see Sammie dunking and cringe at the thought of a knee twisting the wrong way? If I was Gus I wouldn't be too thrilled.

yeah, i understand about the possible injury, but these guys are ballers they love to compete. they love to go against the best they can find. so in a way the off season recreation is a way of them continuing to express their competitiveness. do hope they be careful though, we need them as players AND leaders.

To me it has nothing to do with competition. All athletes like to compete but doing trick shots/dunks is different. It's just showing off.

I shattered my ankle playing backyard football right before my senior season of baseball started. I was our ace starter and when I wasn't pitching I was the starting catcher. I missed the first 2 months of the season and wasn't 100% after I came back. I wasn't competing at nearly the level these guys are, but it was still selfish on my part. It had nothing to do with me "expressing my competitiveness". It was just stupid. My fiance is a collegiate volleyball player and I have to tell her all the time to be careful in the offseason...her teammates are counting on her.

Mad props to Sammie for being able to dunk over some girl but I just cringe when I see it.

Archived