Player Workouts

RunInRed

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yox lost a lot of fan support, when before the 11' season opener vs Utah State, Fox 6 in Birmingham, did a sit down interview with him. Basically, the point was to kiss his butt, because Yox was the longest tenured coach on the AU staff.

It went on, and he was asked why AU's Pro Day numbers weren't so great? He returned with, "We do things different here at Auburn"... and this is where he made the infamous "We don't bench press, because you don't play football on your back"... comment. That rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

The interview that aired on Fox 6 was edited and chopped up to make Yox look kind of defensive in his statements.

This was the season (11') where Utah State almost beat us opening week... they were bigger, stronger, and faster. This brought some negative attention toward Yox because of his previous comments in the interview (that aired two days before the game)... So deserving or not, he kind of brought that on himself.

But obviously, the next two seasons spiraled out of control. We were running out 175 pounders to try to compete against SEC competition. Several coaches were taking the heat, and Yox was right there in the middle of it.

I'm not saying he was a bad S&C coach, but he put himself out there for criticism... Much like Scott Cochran over in tuscalooser... is starting to take some heat for his "methods".

I stated earlier, there simply were not schools jumping up and down to hire him when he left AU. I feel that is the most telling part. Probably was good in his time, but maybe his better days are behind him, otherwise he would have more offers.

Ted Roof, Ellis Johnson, Gus had little trouble finding employment after they were let go at various schools/positions etc... This tell's us something.

I am also a firm believer in "Speed of the Captain" "Speed of the Ship" Chiz, after 2010, for reasons we may never know, did nothing to help Yox, and Gus is certainly doing nothing to hurt Coach Russell!

The players that both strength coaches have coached Russell is more impressive. Comparing Ben Grubbs to guys we have now names absolutely no sense. Genetics plays a major rule in athleticism as well Karlos Dansby may have been more athletic than any of our linebackers now no matter who his coach may have been

Our boys finished their summer conditioning program today. Reports cite one assistant coach saying CRR is "Best I’ve ever been around. It's not close." WDE

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Auburn-football-winds-up-strong-summer-conditioning-program-29797886

Allot of 45 lb disks on those bars!

Almost as many as our workouts. What time are we hitting it today?

Just got done; man that was something, thanks for all the spotting!

:muscles:

Pics or it didn't happen.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Well, Dixie nor I had a camera, but it happened. 12 oz. at a time!

Archived