Need helmet stripe specs - Anyone have a helmet to measure?

homersapien

Long story short, I have a white car I plan to paint like an Auburn helmet.

Obviously I will up-size the stripes on my car, but I want to keep the proportions correct. All I need are the width of the blue stripes, the width of the orange stripe and the width of the white space separating them.

Little help?

I have a replica helmet and just measured it. The orange stripe is a solid inch, with the blue and white stripes (negative space for the white) is a half inch. The ratio is always going to be 1:1:2:1:1 (blue:white:orange:white:blue).

Hope that helps!

I have a replica helmet and just measured it. The orange stripe is a solid inch, with the blue and white stripes (negative space for the white) is a half inch. The ratio is always going to be 1:1:2:1:1 (blue:white:orange:white:blue).

Hope that helps!

Exactly what I needed. Thanks!

• 3 years later...

Thanks for the ratio info.  I am painting my Dad's old pith helmet to match Auburn's football helmet.  It will bring new life to an old hat made in 1946.

3 hours ago, MarkC82 said:

Thanks for the ratio info.  I am painting my Dad's old pith helmet to match Auburn's football helmet.  It will bring new life to an old hat made in 1946.

Cool!

8 hours ago, MarkC82 said:

Welcome to AUF Mark

Archived