Report: Signee Kalvaraz Bessent Arrested

RunInRed

Auburn signee Kalvaraz Bessent was arrested at some time today by the Nassau County Sheriff’s Office in Florida. Bessent’s mugshot can be seen here online. No other details concerning bail amount or charges are available at this time.

Capture.jpg

Kalvaraz Bessent was arrested last night. Drugs and gun found in the vehicle. http://bit.ly/1fL7Bsj #247Sports

@TheBlueBoard

Signee Profile

4_776406.jpg

Kalvaraz Bessent, CB

Kingsland, GA (Camden County)

Ht: 6-0 Wt: 170

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What reports?

Were they in his car? Were the drugs his? Was it his gun?

LOTS to still be determined... Easy on the kicing him out. Slow down.

So much for the "character" spin.

well I think if he had any previous issues we would have known about it. 18 year old young men do dumb things sometimes. What this means for him and his future at AU we will have to wait and see.

If the "drugs" is just marijuana, not a big deal. If the gun was his, he's done.

That makes no sense. Marijuana is illegal, guns are not.

Can take the recruit out of bama, but can't take the bama out of the recruit.

J/k I am holding judgment until there are details associated with the arrest. I suggest the same.

If the "drugs" is just marijuana, not a big deal. If the gun was his, he's done.

true. However, in the sight of the law, guns are usually considered worse.

The majority of Americans are now in favor of marijuana legalization. It's only a matter of time till other states join Washington and Colorado. Even Rick Perry in Texas has talked of decriminalizing it.

Everybody just needs to pump the brakes a tad...

We need to get the thought of not honoring his scholarship out our heads. We also need to wait and see what other details are reported. Because truth be told, he probably won't do any time (if this is in fact his first offense).

Reporting to Auburn might will be the best thing for him. He will be put around some better role models, and coaches will hold him accountable for his decisions.

Not ready to give up on him for a dumb decision... I'm sure Gus knows what type of young man he's dealing with. He never would have even offered him if he were a problem...

true. However, in the sight of the law, guns are usually considered worse.

In Florida, it is not against the law to have a gun in your vehicle. You don't need a concealed permit. It just can't be out in the open and it has to be in a holster. However, it must be registered.

But a teenager charged with possession of weed is not nearly as big a deal as if that same kid has a gun in his car that isn't registered to him. Not going to get into politics here (and there's a reason I long ago left the political board alone), but think about the direction legal discussion and action have been going regarding both cannabis and gun control in this counry. Fanatic10's point is legitimate.

Apparently he was just charged with possession. (I have no idea of the amount)

If this is the case, then the likelihood is that the worst that will come of this is razzing from bammers. This would have to remain an isolated event, however, for me to think the staff will be particularly lenient.

Apparently he was just charged with possession. (I have no idea of the amount)

If this is the case, then the likelihood is that the worst that will come of this is razzing from bammers. This would have to remain an isolated event, however, for me to think the staff will be particularly lenient.

http://www.justmugshots.com/florida/nassau-county/23533864

If you are worried about the Bammers, just remind them about Tony Brown being arrested less than 10 days after he set foot on campus. As for possession and the arrest, this should be a wake up call if anything. All we have to remind him of is what happened with Dyer and no other explanation should be required.

Archived