Report: Signee Kalvaraz Bessent Arrested

RunInRed

If the "drugs" is just marijuana, not a big deal. If the gun was his, he's done.

That makes no sense. Marijuana is illegal, guns are not.

Yeah but it's the difference between a misdemeanor and a felony. Study law before downgrading my statement.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the "drugs" is just marijuana, not a big deal. If the gun was his, he's done.

true. However, in the sight of the law, guns are usually considered worse.

In Florida, it is not against the law to have a gun in your vehicle. You don't need a concealed permit. It just can't be out in the open and it has to be in a holster. However, it must be registered.

I believe it has to be encased, and not readily accessible unless you have a carry permit; otherwise, it can be interpreted to be a concealed weapon.

Also, I did not see anything in the Al.com article or Sat. down south about him having a firearm, only pot and drug paraphenalia, however you spell it. :o)

They need to go ahead and allow Marijuana man......some NFL players admitted to using it to help them out, I don't see why the NCAA players can't,

Roger Goodell said at his state of the NFL speech before the Super Bowl they are seriously looking at allowing medical marijuana.

I think a suspension for a couple games would maybe frustrate him enough. We will see

Check that. Didnt see that they were felony charges

The article says over 20 grams. If that is approximately what he had that is less than an ounce and still not much. I would bet the charges will be reduced from felony before too long.

They need to go ahead and allow Marijuana man......some NFL players admitted to using it to help them out, I don't see why the NCAA players can't,

Roger Goodell said at his state of the NFL speech before the Super Bowl they are seriously looking at allowing medical marijuana.

If that's about to be allowed by someone as worthless to the sport as Goodell then NCAA should take a long look at it

Yea I don't see him stepping foot on campus again...hard to feel sorry for someone making those kinds of decisions. ..im all for giving guys a second chance but he can't put himself in a situation like that

Prayers for Gus and staff. This is theirs to manage on Auburn's end, and no one can be more disappointed at this turn of events than they. Praise that it came to light NOW, rather than down the road. Human free will is the most precious gift each of us has, as far as deciding what to do with it. We can debate and react to any individual's all day long...but in the end, we can only choose for ourselves what to do with each moment we are blessed to be given.

:wareagle:

Yea I don't see him stepping foot on campus again...hard to feel sorry for someone making those kinds of decisions. ..im all for giving guys a second chance but he can't put himself in a situation like that

I think it would be wise to learn the details of the situation before casting judgement. I will trust and support the coaching staff over what decision they make. There's no reason to cast judgement with extremely limited information.

The majority of Americans are now in favor of marijuana legalization. It's only a matter of time till other states join Washington and Colorado. Even Rick Perry in Texas has talked of decriminalizing it.

Still underage. I don't know what the legal age is for weed in WA or CO, but the national drinking age is 21.

Regardless, weed is still prohibited in FL. Worse, it is a felony level of possession (>20 grams). But 20 gm is a small threshold for felony.

I think it would be wise to learn the details of the situation before casting judgement. I will trust and support the coaching staff over what decision they make. There's no reason to cast judgement with extremely limited information.

I don't see voicing an opinion as casting judgment...regardless he should have never put himself in that situation...theres nothing to argue about that....never did I say it was his did I?

Chizik is still recruiting for us??? Felony possession is not anything to sneeze at, personal opinions aside. I think this could send a message (positive or negative) as to what is tolerated in Gus' program. At first blush I would say we just lost a CB...

The majority of Americans are now in favor of marijuana legalization. It's only a matter of time till other states join Washington and Colorado. Even Rick Perry in Texas has talked of decriminalizing it.

Still underage. I don't know what the legal age is for weed in WA or CO, but the national drinking age is 21.

Regardless, weed is still prohibited in FL. Worse, it is a felony level of possession (>20 grams). But 20 gm is a small threshold for felony.

I believe the age is also 21 for weed in WA or CO.

Archived