Report: Signee Kalvaraz Bessent Arrested

RunInRed

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, what would we be saying if he was another team's recruit?

If this was a bama or uga recruit we would be making lots of jokes about him of course. That's part of being a fan on a message board, we are not some impartial judges.

Chizik is still recruiting for us??? Felony possession is not anything to sneeze at, personal opinions aside. I think this could send a message (positive or negative) as to what is tolerated in Gus' program. At first blush I would say we just lost a CB...

Having less than an ounce of pot doesn't constitute a felony of "intent". I'm curious as to where they get "felony possession" from. Either way...it's a bad deal for the kid, but if you play sometimes you have to pay. The gun on the other hand is a different thing. It's a shame alot of these kids don't realize the magnitude of their actions towards their futures these days.

Chizik is still recruiting for us??? Felony possession is not anything to sneeze at, personal opinions aside. I think this could send a message (positive or negative) as to what is tolerated in Gus' program. At first blush I would say we just lost a CB...

Having less than an ounce of pot doesn't constitute a felony of "intent". I'm curious as to where they get "felony possession" from. Either way...it's a bad deal for the kid, but if you play sometimes you have to pay. The gun on the other hand is a different thing. It's a shame alot of these kids don't realize the magnitude of their actions towards their futures these days.

Perhaps your reading comprension is better than mine. This is the quote from Al. com:

The cornerback out of St. Mary's, Ga., was arrested on two felony charges stemming from possession of marijuana over 20 grams and possession with intent, according to the county jail. He was also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, a misdemeanor.

Gus is a different cat. He let Dyer follow him to Ark St. because he needed a player and thought a home town kid like Dyer would get a pass. I think that was a one time thing. This is whole different situation. He will not let this guy slide. He is not on scholly yet and will just use that spot for a walk on for one year until he fills it next year. I don't think you see him bring this guy to Auburn. Maybe the details work out differently but unless they do and he is cleared I don't think you see him at AU.

Perhaps your reading comprension is better than mine. This is the quote from Al. com:

The cornerback out of St. Mary's, Ga., was arrested on two felony charges stemming from possession of marijuana over 20 grams and possession with intent, according to the county jail. He was also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, a misdemeanor.

Dan is probably not familiar with FL possession laws, >20g is a felony. I wasn't either until I looked it up. FL still has some very strict laws compared to their neighboring states.

Wow! This has to be very sad and disappointing for his parents! Forget football right know this young man needs guidance and a reality check.

I'm assuming "Possession with intent" is Possession with intent to distribute. If that's the case, it really depends if he was driving the car or the passenger.

The first two things that crossed my mind were 1) Isaiah Crowell and 2) Fab 4 robbery idiots. Crowell would probably be in the NFL and I think McNeil , Goodwin and Kitchens would have had an NFL shot. Not sure about Moseley. Even though Dyer was not along for the ride even getting a second chance at Louisville seems to be off track. Had he kept his nose clean he would have been in the first round after his junior year. It just sucks to see these young men throw their potential opportunities in life to the wind. I want to learn all the facts with this recruit, but know Gus will do the right thing.If the kids gets a second shot he will be screaming in the weight room.

War Eagle !

Dan is probably not familiar with FL possession laws, >20g is a felony. I wasn't either until I looked it up. FL still has some very strict laws compared to their neighboring states.

No..I'm not. Thanks for the clarification. That's pretty strict. I hate it for the young man, but we all make choices in this life. Goes back to what my Mom always told me "you are who you hang with"

I'm not a lawyer but I think the "intent" label is first applied due to the amount he was found with. The different levels of charges are based on what the law considers personal use. Now if the paraphelia was a set if scales or bags than now you got intent to distribute with nothing to argue your way out of. My first opinion he is gone but I think Gus will have to wait for the court to handle this. If charges are reduced than likely he will join the team.

Gus does deal with and take kids that have or have had problems with behavior. Dyer, Cam, Nick Marshall all were problematic at Auburn or elsewhere. I'm afraid under his tenure we will have to deal with some things like this. Hey for some reason a lot of top talent have issues with breaking the law, and if we're at the top unfortunately we will have to deal with it. As soon as we started recruiting the top guys and landing them is when these problems started popping up.

I still think there is too much left to be found out before we can ascertain whether or not he will be on the Plains in the fall. I don't think it's the least bit unreasonable that the court lowers the felonies to misdemeanor, particularly if this was his first offense, and if that's the case I think he'll be okay at AU. But that's pure speculation, no more.

Anyone still thinking that us stealing this kid from bammers was a fair trade for Evans???? WTF are these kids thinking? Keep yourself out of trouble, play your years in college, go pro if you get the chance, make millions! SMDH.....

Gus is a different cat. He let Dyer follow him to Ark St. because he needed a player and thought a home town kid like Dyer would get a pass. I think that was a one time thing. This is whole different situation. He will not let this guy slide. He is not on scholly yet and will just use that spot for a walk on for one year until he fills it next year. I don't think you see him bring this guy to Auburn. Maybe the details work out differently but unless they do and he is cleared I don't think you see him at AU.

not "we"? Joined today at 06:39 PM, I'm not saying, I'm just saying...

Nobody has the right to assume this kid is guilty as of now. Multiple possibilities of this guy getting it dropped to a misdemeanor, or better yet the charges dropped completely. Obviously, it'll be some time before we know. Gotta love the judicial system.

not "we"? Joined today at 06:39 PM, I'm not saying, I'm just saying...

Got em

Man. We need EVERY corner we can get too....I'm sure somebody will come in here and blame this on trooper to LOL

Archived