Report: Signee Kalvaraz Bessent Arrested

RunInRed

Gus is a different cat. He let Dyer follow him to Ark St. because he needed a player and thought a home town kid like Dyer would get a pass. I think that was a one time thing. This is whole different situation. He will not let this guy slide. He is not on scholly yet and will just use that spot for a walk on for one year until he fills it next year. I don't think you see him bring this guy to Auburn. Maybe the details work out differently but unless they do and he is cleared I don't think you see him at AU.

not "we"? Joined today at 06:39 PM, I'm not saying, I'm just saying...

Got em

Yes I joined today, and your point is what. I've been a member of scout for 12 years and that place has become such an emotional roller coaster that I just can't stand it anymore. You can't even talk football over there because the Auburn emotions are all that matters. Your post is exactly what I'm talking about.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't see this posted, but the story has been updated. Looks like two felony charges: over 20 grams and possession with intent.

http://www.al.com/au...tml#incart_2box

If this was an updyke player it would not even be mentioned on that cesspool of a website. I only go there when I feel like rolling in the mud for 10 minutes.

As a coach, you try and affect change in kids on and off the field. If they kick him to the curb, they know that his life will irrevocably affected. As a "family" member I think the coaches will try and alter his life positively. One way to think about it from the coaches view is, We need to get him away from that environment and teach him some discipline and responsibility.

So lets say the weed wasnt his or he didnt know it was under his seat. Dont you think he must have wondered why that cigarette they were smoking smelled so funny?

In my book smoking the stuff, out in the open, driving down (speeding) the road is about as wreckless as we need.

As a coach, you try and affect change in kids on and off the field. If they kick him to the curb, they know that his life will irrevocably affected. As a "family" member I think the coaches will try and alter his life positively. One way to think about it from the coaches view is, We need to get him away from that environment and teach him some discipline and responsibility.

Amen. I say give him the chance to get here with our coaches/players/family. If you screw up after that, you're not worth our time.

Yea I don't see him stepping foot on campus again...hard to feel sorry for someone making those kinds of decisions. ..im all for giving guys a second chance but he can't put himself in a situation like that

I think it would be wise to learn the details of the situation before casting judgement. I will trust and support the coaching staff over what decision they make. There's no reason to cast judgement with extremely limited information.

Good post and that is EXACTLY what I was going to post too. At LEAST people should wait to get all the facts before making these statements about what should be done. So far all we do know is, it wasn't his car, he wasn't the driver and because nobody owned up to the weed the cops charged everybody in the car with the same charges. We don't know what he knew, didn't know, did do or didn't do.

never saw so many moronic responses, embarrassing. Ownership will be identified, common sense. Wrong place wrong time....also if you don't think players are smoking then you really can't be reached by reality.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/02/auburn_signee_kalvarz_bessent.html

I voted for it in Seattle. It's legal in the WA state. But illegal is illegal in Florida. Well see what info Gus gets and see what happens.

Lets wait for all the details to come out before we are so quick to boot this kid out. Slow down fellas.

As for the weed, whether is was his not, i obviously dont know. The reality is that WAY MORE college kids are smoking weed that you could ever imagine.

Let me give some back ground as a Florida resident and what could happen. When my daughter was 19, she was arrested and charged with a felony much worse than possession. Under Florida law, first time offenders can plead guilty and get that status, which we did. She received a fine which I paid and sentenced to 50 hours of community service. After completion her records were sealed and as far as the State of Florida is concerned, she has no criminal record. This happened over 20 years ago but I assume the laws have not changed.

I have a strong belief that these kids deserve a second chance which results in them not becoming hardened criminals. Good luck to the kid, I hope he gets his life turned around.

As for me I'll trust Gus. He will get all the evidence and make a decision. I know this coaching staff are not going to play around. KB will be informed that this is not how things will be done at AU. Either way I an positive that this will not happen again with KB at AU. WDE

Let me give some back ground as a Florida resident and what could happen. When my daughter was 19, she was arrested and charged with a felony much worse than possession. Under Florida law, first time offenders can plead guilty and get that status, which we did. She received a fine which I paid and sentenced to 50 hours of community service. After completion her records were sealed and as far as the State of Florida is concerned, she has no criminal record. This happened over 20 years ago but I assume the laws have not changed.

I have a strong belief that these kids deserve a second chance which results in them not becoming hardened criminals. Good luck to the kid, I hope he gets his life turned around.

Good post with some real facts in it. Thanks

My senior year in college a neighbor asked me for a lift. Got pulled over by the cops (the guy had been dealing, not known to me). Fortunately one of the cops recognized me and told me I should go home and be careful with whom I associated. The neighbor lets out a sigh of relief and pulls a large bag of weed out from under the seat.

Give the guy a chance to tell his story. Put him on a short leash if they reduce the felony charge.

If you have teenagers or above, put them through a lie detector test before you pull out the stones.

Little doc

If the "drugs" is just marijuana, not a big deal. If the gun was his, he's done.

That makes no sense. Marijuana is illegal, guns are not.

Yeah but it's the difference between a misdemeanor and a felony. Study law before downgrading my statement.

Didn't mean to downgrade your statement. It just did not make sense to me. There are situations where possession of a gun is legal. Possession of marijuana is always illegal. It is really a matter of opinion, but to me it is a big deal. Possession of both is a really big deal. I didn't mean to offend you, it's just that these young men are going to live there lives under a microscope and putting themselves in a position to be arrested for anything is a big deal.

Suppose he could've always just been a passenger, and perhaps he was unaware of the items in the car.

Sounds like he needs a good lawyer and a forgiving football coach.

Cant believe anybody wants to keep this kid. He was obviously involvedin selling drugs. He needs to go

I can't believe you would rush to judgement and make a huge assumption like you are here. Wait, of course I can...almost forgot who made the post.

200 grams of drugs in the car, including under the seat where he is sitting. Pretty hard to come to any other conclusion other than they were selling and he knew about it. If you tolerate people selling drugs, what don't you tolerate?

Florida is notorious for overcharging...serious prosecutor problems in that state. Let the evidence come out, in the mean time I will trust whatever decision Coach Malzahn makes. Regardless of what his future at Auburn is I hope this is a major wake up call for him. No good can come from another kid being put behind bars for a juvenile mistake. I am sure if we all think back to when we were that age we all did something that could have put us on the wrong side of the prison bars, let's not cast stones at this kid now.

Archived