Report: Signee Kalvaraz Bessent Arrested

RunInRed

I hope he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Would hate to lose him, but will not pass judgment until all of the facts are out.

+1

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was a teenager I was giving a friend a ride home from baseball practice. I was completely oblivious that he had stolen property in my truck. We go pulled over the cop found it he ask who's it was, the young man stepped up and claimed the stuff. When I went to the station to give my statement the cop told me if no one had claimed it I would have automatically gone to jail. That being said you never know so let all the facts come out before passing judgment. You never no who is actually innocent.

200 grams of drugs in the car, including under the seat where he is sitting. Pretty hard to come to any other conclusion other than they were selling and he knew about it. If you tolerate people selling drugs, what don't you tolerate?

I wasn't going to post in this thread, but you are really some kind of goofball. You can't possibly know who owned what, who knew what and what was going on in that car. Do you look under the seat of every car you climb into? No, you don't.

Unless something else comes out and as long as he doesn't have a record of prior arrests, Bissent will get sent home with a word about choosing better friends.

A lot of speculation going on here. Coach Malzahn will make the right decision regarding Bessent after a thorough investigation. If everything we hear turns out to be true I don't see this young man reporting to AU this summer. Gus is big on character and I am too.

I remember, way back, when I was in a car with some kids who needed to steal something. Fortunately we got back to my car and I escaped before being pulled over by the cops. Needless to say, I never rode with them again, but I was just lucky that the situation turned out as it did. Years later I ran into a friend who had also been with us, but not involved in the caper. He remembered the incident just as I had with the same sentiments. I think most of us can remember when we were in uncomfortable situations and luckily didn't get caught. We learned, and now we are better off for it. Second chances are good.

200 grams of drugs in the car, including under the seat where he is sitting. Pretty hard to come to any other conclusion other than they were selling and he knew about it. If you tolerate people selling drugs, what don't you tolerate?

"According to Nassau County Sheriff Bill Leeper, Bessent's arrest came as a result of a traffic stop. A 2007 Dodge Charger driven by Elbert Thornton was pulled over by a Nassau County deputy on U.S. Route 1 on Friday night just after 10 p.m. for exceeding the speed limit, clocked at 58 miles per hour in a posted 45 mph zone. While performing the traffic stop, the deputy detected a strong odor of burnt marijuana coming from the car.

After asking all four occupants to step out of the vehicle, a search was conducted, where the deputy seized four separate bags containing 202.5 grams of marijuana under the driver's and the front passenger seat where Bessent had been. None of the individuals took ownership, with each being placed under arrest on the same three counts: marijuana possession of more than 20 grams (a felony); marijuana possession with intent to distribute (a felony); and possession of drug paraphernalia (a misdemeanor)"

It's only easy to come to the conclusion that he knew there was at least one joint in the car. The bags were under the seat, doesn't specify whose car it was. Pretty sure there is enough that's unknown to allow me to reserve judgement.

Unfortunately , he is a black kid and will suffer under the legal system down south. The prisons are clogged with black drug offenders in Alabama. The white kids are from affluent families and can hire a good lawyer and send the kid to a rehab program, like Bradford. The legal system is a racist tool. Time to legalize marijuana and open up the rehab programs to all children, regardless of ability to pay. Also, all children should be afforded free and effective legal representation. Stop sending people to prison for drug offenses. He should definitely be sent to rehab and given another chance at Auburn.

The only person that should be sentenced is the kid driving 58 in a 45 all blazed up and packing 0.44 pounds of weed. That is felony stupid there.

Why is he so old? He is a year younger than me and I am about to graduate...

He's nineteen. If your avatar is actually your picture, I'm guessing you and he are a lot farther apart than just one year in age. If you know what I mean.

There are alot of self righteous people on the board tonight quick to pass judgement before all the facts are in. I think Bessent enrolls this summer and begins in Gus' doghouse and will have to earn his trust again. I pray that this incidence helps him to make better decisions and become a better person. As of last Wednesday, Bessent is an Auburn man and I will stand with him providing he takes the necessary actions that are required of him. In my opinion, smoking marijuana is not a big deal unless you are putting others at risk. There were no charges of driving under the influence so I'm assuming they weren't smoking it.

As far as the law goes He is innocent until proven guilty AND deserves every opportunity to prove it. As far as being awarded a full college scholarship, ZERO TOLERANCE, offer withdrawn.

He's nineteen. If your avatar is actually your picture, I'm guessing you and he are a lot farther apart than just one year in age. If you know what I mean.

I am 20, so by my count that is a year younger....like I said.

Truman, I think you missed his point.

Auburn guys-- innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Bama guys-- presumed guilty.

Any questions? ;)/>

Was about to type the same thing. If the kid had signed for Bama the jokes would be flying in here.....

Why don't you elucidate it for me. Pictures can be old.

Okay, so he's 19. Maybe only recently. So one might guess he was kept back one year-- so what's your point? What do you know about his life?

Okay, so he's 19. Maybe only recently. So one might guess he was kept back one year-- so what's your point? What do you know about his life?

I don't know anything about his life, hence me asking why he was older than the average graduation age. He is not recently 19 but will be almost 20 by the time he graduates high school.

But that has nothing to do with his post that I "missed his point" on.

If only kids like this knew how many people would kill to be given the opportunity they have. Im 17 and i would give anything for a shot to play ball anywhere... especially auburn.

If or no other reason, Bessent deserves the benefit of any doubt from us because he became a part of the Auburn family when he signed his LOI. There is nothing wrong with being biased in favor of one of our own. With that said, I find it a bit extreme that he was charged with two felonies merely because he was a passenger in the vehicle. I find it even more extreme that some people on his board are already calling for the kid to be booted from the program. We should reserve judgment until more is known.

FWIW, when I was a student at Auburn, circa 1977-1981, pot was as common as beer. And the Dexter Arms Apts was not unlike the Sunnyvale Trailer Park.

If or no other reason, Bessent deserves the benefit of any doubt from us because he became a part of the Auburn family when he signed his LOI. There is nothing wrong with being biased in favor of one of our own. With that said, I find it a bit extreme that he was charged with two felonies merely because he was a passenger in the vehicle. I find it even more extreme that some people on his board are already calling for the kid to be booted from the program. We should reserve judgment until more is known.

Agreed. I hope for his sake it was someone else's and that person claims it all. But that might be wishful thinking.

Almost every college kid does weed. I meet them every day. Culturally, it's no big deal to a lot of these kids. I think we just need to move on as a country about this issue. (And I'm a conservative)

thats just an excuse. no truth to it at all

Almost every college kid does weed. I meet them every day. Culturally, it's no big deal to a lot of these kids. I think we just need to move on as a country about this issue. (And I'm a conservative)

thats just an excuse. no truth to it at all

You'd be surprised how many college kids smoke weed.

Archived