Report: Signee Kalvaraz Bessent Arrested

RunInRed

Almost every college kid does weed. I meet them every day. Culturally, it's no big deal to a lot of these kids. I think we just need to move on as a country about this issue. (And I'm a conservative)

thats just an excuse. no truth to it at all

You'd be surprised how many college kids smoke weed.

no i wouldnt be surprised at all. i live 60 seconds from campus. but almost every kid does not smoke weed.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would be surprised how many people drink and drive, does not make it any less illegal. Bessent is still a victim of wrong place at the wrong time IMO but he fact that some was burning is an issue for me. If nothin else Bessent has some serious work to do to get back in coaches good graces.

Almost every college kid does weed. I meet them every day. Culturally, it's no big deal to a lot of these kids. I think we just need to move on as a country about this issue. (And I'm a conservative)

thats just an excuse. no truth to it at all

You'd be surprised how many college kids smoke weed.

no i wouldnt be surprised at all. i live 60 seconds from campus. but almost every kid does not smoke weed.

I'm currently in college, and have visited friends at a number of other colleges. It is very common everywhere, especially in the Greek system, and for athletes. I wouldn't go so far as to say almost everyone, by it is well above the majority.

Depending on the legal outcome, if he is still eligible to attend school in the fall on his scholarship I say let him. Legalization and whether or not weed is bad or no big deal is really not the point. If your a high-profile type person, i.e. Auburn football player, you have to hold yourself to a higher standard. Bessent may be in the wrong or may have just been unlucky, but I say give him a second chance, if possible, and keep him on a short leash. Perhaps he could use the influences and structure the Auburn program would give him. If he screws up again and turns into another....I won't name names but it rhymes with Smichael Smyer......then boot him. But, let's not be so quick to judge his character.

If he hypothetically doesn't make it on the team, this would really hurt us at a position where we already lack depth.

The cop was able to search the car because he smelled weed smoke, so the claims that Bessent didn't know there was weed under the seat are bogus. And honestly, if this were any other team's signee I think most of us would be calling BS at that excuse.

As Chizik said after the armed robbery idiots, you are innocent until proven guilty in the courts, but playing for Auburn is a priviledge not a right. If this were simple possession and if he was already on campus then I would understand just punishment. However, IMO because this kid did this just days after he signed, I would kick him to the curb. Auburn is better than this.

A lot of hypocrites up in this thread. If this was a bammer player, a lot of posters would be calling him a thug and worse. Sorry, but I don't have one set of standards for Auburn players and another set of standards for everyone else. My standards are the same for everyone.

I hope I am wrong, but the circumstances surrounding this case do not look good at all. The police smelled an odor of burning marijuana coming from the car and there were bags of drugs under his seat. The idea that he didn't know what was going on seems pretty tough for me to believe

The article I read said 202 grams which is in the half pound range and that's one hell of a night if you are going with personal use. The big deal is the gun. I ran hard in my past and never found it necessary to carry a gun. For me the gun indicates the he is - at best - a gangster wanna be and while he may be the greatest kid in the world I am sick of this crap at Auburn and would be in favor of giving someone who gives a damn, and is less likely to shoot someone, his scholarship.

The idea that we should give this kid a 2nd chance just because we really need him repulses me. I cant believe any Auburn fan would believe we should keep a player just because he is at a position of need and we should throw away players who are not at a postion of need. That line of thinking is beyond disgusting

I am on the side of he needs to be gone if he is guilty. If he is not guilty, he needs to be on the world's shortest leash with drug testing.

I agree on the second chance. Just not at Auburn. Remove him from the team. That is his consiquence.

If I was applying to Auburn pharmacy school you think this would hurt my chances of getting in? To whom much is given much is expected.

Remove him from the team. Let him find another route back to the sec. Either via jr college or whatever.

I am on the side of he needs to be gone if he is guilty. If he is not guilty, he needs to be on the world's shortest leash with drug testing.

I'm good with that. And the justification that it should be legal is BS. While that might be true...the fact is....until it's legal, it's illegal and that's what counts in this case.

I seriously doubt he will ever wear an Auburn uniform. Gus hasn't shown any tolerance for this type of behavior. Even if the big bag of weed and the gun were not his he was in the car and the cop smelled it, so some was obviously being smoked. Hard to claim innocence when it was being smoked in the car. Even if the driver takes the charges, which is very likely, I say drug test him and if it comes back positive he's gone.

Guys, if you start kicking players off teams because they smoke pot, you would be lucky to field half as many D-1 teams as you currently do. Everybody ought to sit back and wait until the full story comes out. All we know at this point is he was in a car that had pot and the smell of pot in it. Maybe he smoked some, maybe he didn't. Maybe it was his, maybe it wasn't. Considering it wasn't his car, I think he's due the benefit of doubt.

200 grams of drugs in the car, including under the seat where he is sitting. Pretty hard to come to any other conclusion other than they were selling and he knew about it. If you tolerate people selling drugs, what don't you tolerate?

I wasn't going to post in this thread, but you are really some kind of goofball. You can't possibly know who owned what, who knew what and what was going on in that car. Do you look under the seat of every car you climb into? No, you don't.

Unless something else comes out and as long as he doesn't have a record of prior arrests, Bissent will get sent home with a word about choosing better friends.

^^^This^^^

I hope he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Would hate to lose him, but will not pass judgment until all of the facts are out.

+1

That sums up how I feel. There were four passengers in the car Bessent was not driving. Let's not assume he is guilty until all the facts are out. I read somewhere "innocent until proven guilty".

I seriously doubt he will ever wear an Auburn uniform. Gus hasn't shown any tolerance for this type of behavior. Even if the big bag of weed and the gun were not his he was in the car and the cop smelled it, so some was obviously being smoked. Hard to claim innocence when it was being smoked in the car. Even if the driver takes the charges, which is very likely, I say drug test him and if it comes back positive he's gone.

not necessarily. Have you ever been in a smoker's car or house? It smells like smoke, right? That smell doesn't mean that they are actively smoking, does it?

The cop was able to search the car because he smelling weed smoke, so the claims that Bessent didn't know there was weed under the seat are bogus. And honestly, if this were any other team's signee I think most of us would be calling BS at that excuse.

As Chizik said after the armed robbery idiots, you are innocent until proven guilty in the courts, but playing for Auburn is a priviledge not a right. If this were simple possession and if he was already on campus then I would understand just punishment. However, IMO because this kid did this just days after he signed, I would kick him to the curb. Auburn is better than this.

So you're saying because it smelled like weed, KB definitely knew what was under his seat? Makes perfect sense. :-\

You would be surprised how many people drink and drive, does not make it any less illegal. Bessent is still a victim of wrong place at the wrong time IMO but the fact that some was burning is an issue for me. If nothin else Bessent has some serious work to do to get back in coaches good graces.

It wasn't actively burning. The officer smelled burnt marijuana. It could have been smoked in the car hours before this incident. Smoke doesn't just leave once it is extinguished. The smell lingers for a substantial amount of time, and if routinely smoked in one place its almost impossible to get rid of the smell.

I think before I say whether this kid should stay or go, I think I will wait and see what happens with the law and see what the outcome from the judicial system has to say.

How could you ever trust this kid?I am sure the coaches told him how much we needed him,yet he still went out and got himself involved in selling drugs only two or three days after signing day. Better to go ahead and cut the cord now

Archived