Michael Sams coming out party

JMassie11

Threads such as these always reminds me that Auburn is in Alabama.

Which is in the greatest country on the face of the earth. Because of the real heroes who have laid down their lives so we can have threads such as these. I love Auburn, I love Alabama and I love the USA.

You?

lol wow. Anyways, just because you don't think he's a hero doesn't mean he isn't one. He's a hero to a very large number of people for reasons you apparently don't care about at all. Which is fine, because one of the greatest things about this great nation you brought up is people are allowed to be different and think and feel different. Some seem to forget this.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is fine, because one of the greatest things about this great nation you brought up is people are allowed to be different and think and feel different. Some seem to forget this.

Again, because brave men and women fought and died for that right. Freedom isn't free. All Michael Sams is doing is taking the opportunity (before someone else does it for him) to use his civil right to speak out. By the way, his father was disheartened to hear of it. And he loves him. I guess that makes him a bigot like me. ;)

http://bleacherrepor...ouncing-hes-gay

Which is in the greatest country on the face of the earth. Because of the real heroes who have laid down their lives so we can have threads such as these. I love Auburn, I love Alabama and I love the USA.

You?

lol wow. Anyways, just because you don't think he's a hero doesn't mean he isn't one. He's a hero to a very large number of people for reasons you apparently don't care about at all. Which is fine, because one of the greatest things about this great nation you brought up is people are allowed to be different and think and feel different. Some seem to forget this.

Its hardly heroic to admit being a perv. Being gay is a sexual deviancy and any way you slice it it is not a mainstream life style. Sure the guy is free to live his life anyway he sees fit but I guarantee you this will not be well received in some NFL lockerooms. That is a different work environment from most.

To Vue, and to anyone who thinks that he doesn't deserve to play in the NFL, or thinks it will be uncomfortable:

Dale Hansen, sportscaster for Dallas's WFAA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olc5C4SXAYM

It was quite a weekend. That little dust-up in Lubbock Saturday night, and then on Sunday, Missouri’s All-American defensive end Michael Sam – the SEC’s defensive player of the year and expected to be a third to fifth-round pick in the NFL draft – tells the world he’s gay.

The best defensive player in college football’s best conference only a third to fifth round NFL pick? Really? That is shocking, and I guess that other thing is, too.

Michael Sam would be the first openly gay player in the NFL; says he knows there will be problems and they’ve already started.

Several NFL officials are telling Sports Illustrated it will hurt him on draft day because a gay player wouldn’t be welcomed in an NFL locker room. It would be uncomfortable, because that’s a man’s world.

You beat a woman and drag her down a flight of stairs, pulling her hair out by the roots? You’re the fourth guy taken in the NFL draft.You kill people while driving drunk? That guy’s welcome. Players caught in hotel rooms with illegal drugs and prostitutes? We know they’re welcome. Players accused of rape and pay the woman to go away? You lie to police trying to cover up a murder? We’re comfortable with that.

You love another man? Well, now you’ve gone too far!

It wasn’t that long ago when we were being told that black players couldn’t play in “our” games because it would be “uncomfortable.” And even when they finally could, it took several more years before a black man played quarterback. Because we weren’t “comfortable” with that, either.

So many of the same people who used to make that argument (and the many who still do) are the same people who say government should stay out of our lives. But then want government in our bedrooms.

I’ve never understood how they feel “comfortable” laying claim to both sides of that argument. I’m not always comfortable when a man tells me he’s gay; I don’t understand his world. But I do understand that he’s part of mine. Civil rights activist Audre Lord said: “It is not our differences that divide us. It’s our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences.”

We’ve always been able to recognize ‘em. Some of us accept ‘em. And I want to believe that there will be a day when we do celebrate ‘em. I don’t know if that day’s here yet. I guess we’re about to find out. But when I listen to Michael Sam, I do think it’s time to celebrate him now.

Edited to salve Vue's delicate sensibilities

To Vue and anyone else who thinks that he doesn't deserve to play in the NFL, or thinks it will be uncomfortable:

Dale Hansen, sportscaster for Dallas's WFAA:

<script src="http://www.wfaa.com/templates/belo_embedWrapper.js?storyid=244822291&pos=top&swfw=$swfw"></script><object name="player" id="_fp_0.6272081825882196" width="562" height="320" data="http://player.bimvid.com/swfs/main" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> <param value="true" name="allowfullscreen"/> <param value="always" name="allowscriptaccess"/> <param value="transparent" name="wmode"/> <param value="high" name="quality"/> <param name="movie" value="http://player.bimvid.com/swfs/main" /> <param value="config=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wfaa.com%2F%3Fj%3Dembed_244822291%26ref%3D" name="flashvars"/></object><script src="http://www.wfaa.com/templates/belo_embedWrapper.js?storyid=244822291&pos=bottom&ref=$bimPlayerPageUrl"></script>

It was quite a weekend. That little dust-up in Lubbock Saturday night, and then on Sunday, Missouri’s All-American defensive end Michael Sam – the SEC’s defensive player of the year and expected to be a third to fifth-round pick in the NFL draft – tells the world he’s gay.

The best defensive player in college football’s best conference only a third to fifth round NFL pick? Really? That is shocking, and I guess that other thing is, too.

Michael Sam would be the first openly gay player in the NFL; says he knows there will be problems and they’ve already started.

Several NFL officials are telling Sports Illustrated it will hurt him on draft day because a gay player wouldn’t be welcomed in an NFL locker room. It would be uncomfortable, because that’s a man’s world.

You beat a woman and drag her down a flight of stairs, pulling her hair out by the roots? You’re the fourth guy taken in the NFL draft.You kill people while driving drunk? That guy’s welcome. Players caught in hotel rooms with illegal drugs and prostitutes? We know they’re welcome. Players accused of rape and pay the woman to go away? You lie to police trying to cover up a murder? We’re comfortable with that.

You love another man? Well, now you’ve gone too far!

It wasn’t that long ago when we were being told that black players couldn’t play in “our” games because it would be “uncomfortable.” And even when they finally could, it took several more years before a black man played quarterback. Because we weren’t “comfortable” with that, either.

So many of the same people who used to make that argument (and the many who still do) are the same people who say government should stay out of our lives. But then want government in our bedrooms.

I’ve never understood how they feel “comfortable” laying claim to both sides of that argument. I’m not always comfortable when a man tells me he’s gay; I don’t understand his world. But I do understand that he’s part of mine. Civil rights activist Audre Lord said: “It is not our differences that divide us. It’s our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences.”

We’ve always been able to recognize ‘em. Some of us accept ‘em. And I want to believe that there will be a day when we do celebrate ‘em. I don’t know if that day’s here yet. I guess we’re about to find out. But when I listen to Michael Sam, I do think it’s time to celebrate him now.

TL;DR

Maybe you can point out where I said the guy doesn't deserve to play in the NFL? I said having a gay guy walking around naked in a locker room is not going to be welcomed by some. If you think that means i think he doesn't deserve to be there, you've clearly lost your mind.

You?

Its hardly heroic to admit being a perv. Being gay is a sexual deviancy and any way you slice it it is not a mainstream life style. Sure the guy is free to live his life anyway he sees fit but I guarantee you this will not be well received in some NFL lockerooms. That is a different work environment from most.

I have no idea what you wrote past the first sentence.

Which is fine, because one of the greatest things about this great nation you brought up is people are allowed to be different and think and feel different. Some seem to forget this.

Again, because brave men and women fought and died for that right. Freedom isn't free. All Michael Sams is doing is taking the opportunity (before someone else does it for him) to use his civil right to speak out. By the way, his father was disheartened to hear of it. And he loves him. I guess that makes him a bigot like me. ;)/>

http://bleacherrepor...ouncing-hes-gay

You can be a hero for numerous reasons other than being in the military. Are you the only person allowed to label someone a hero?

I read a caption from ESPN that called this young man a " role model " .

I guess they meant to say " homosexual role model " .

Man on Man sex is an unnatural ... perverted act ... period .

I don't think homosexuals should be persecuted , but they should

not be celebrated either .

So labeling gays as unnatural perverts doesn't count as persecution?

"Persecution is the systematic mistreatment of an individual or group by another individual or group."

TL;DR

Maybe you can point out where I said the guy doesn't deserve to play in the NFL? I said having a gay guy walking around naked in a locker room is not going to be welcomed by some. If you think that means i think he doesn't deserve to be there, you've clearly lost your mind.

Anytime someone says TL;DR I take it that they're terrified of things that may make them think. Besides, you don't have to read, there's a video to listen to.

However, I must apologize, I did not phrase the post correctly. It should have read "To Vue, and anyone who..." I did not mean to include you in the second set of people.

Why not? Who should we celebrate (other than the obvious and much-deserving members of our military), and why should we exclude Mr. Sam from that group?

The end of the world is near when we start celebrating gay people, GOD forbids this.

lol how many things happen everyday that he forbids and yet here we are... What is he waiting for?

All is not an ABOMINATION either! It will end eventually, when the wicked think they have taken over, u can expect it sooner than u think! Truth

The end of the world is near when we start celebrating gay people, GOD forbids this.

lol how many things happen everyday that he forbids and yet here we are... What is he waiting for?

All is not an ABOMINATION either! It will end eventually, when the wicked think they have taken over, u can expect it sooner than u think! Truth

/tinfoil hat

Also, you misspelled "opinion."

/tinfoil hat

What r u reading dude? I didn't misspell notha!!

/tinfoil hat

You must be the Father, then. Matthew 24:36 ""But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

To say with certainty that I can expect it sooner than I think goes against the bible. And since I assume that you are drawing your knowledge from the bible insofar as "truth", you are clearly wrong on that account.

And I will not respond further to it. This does not need to become a 2-person fight over something that, frankly, needs to be on the All Things Considered board.

/tinfoil hat

You must be the Father, then. Matthew 24:36 ""But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

To say with certainty that I can expect it sooner than I think goes against the bible. And since I assume that you are drawing your knowledge from the bible insofar as "truth", you are clearly wrong on that account.

Read it again dude, I said u can expect it, u know, he's coming back! Oh yeah, it's called expectation! Understand? Truth

Earth will end someday, I'm just not sure it'll be because a man thought another man was hot and someone said hey good for them, angering someone in the clouds. If so this planet wouldve been cleaned a long, long time ago.

Earth will end someday, I'm just not sure it'll be because a man thought another man was hot and someone said hey good for them. If so this planet wouldve been cleaned a long, long time ago.

No one knows, signs of the times is happening though! Truth

"Persecution is the systematic mistreatment of an individual or group by another individual or group."

First off , you will not hijack the word gay to describe the unnatural perverted act of homosexuality with me .

To call a soldier a soldier is simply a statement of fact . To call a murderer a murderer is simply a statement

of fact . To say fire is hot is simply a statement of fact ....... it is not persecution or mistreatment of the fire .

If your looking to bandy words with me on this subject your wasting your time .

Man on Man sex is an unnatural and perverted act . You may argue to the counter if you so choose .

First off , you will not hijack the word gay to describe the unnatural perverted act of homosexuality with me .

To call a soldier a soldier is simply a statement of fact . To call a murderer a murderer is simply a statement

of fact . To say fire is hot is simply a statement of fact ....... it is not persecution or mistreatment of the fire .

Man on Man sex is an unnatural and perverted act . You may argue to the counter if you so choose .

Since we are going to be calling things what they are, then we'll go ahead and call this persecution and bigotry. As long as we're all on the same page.

Since we are going to be calling things what they are, then we'll go ahead and call this persecution and bigotry. As long as we're all on the same page.

What do we call apple pie ?

Why,cause man says so? One day u all will see. Lol

Archived