Want to apologize to all for the Rashaan Evans fiasco

austudnt23

He told our coaches that he was coming to AU, even had Stephen Roberts and Jakell Mitchell at the announcement. The bammer coaches convinced him obviously that the star position was not right for him. He is a stand up kid who made the wrong decision, but he we will be just fine. I was told by very good, I mean very good sources that he was comng to AU. The same sources that told me Braden Smith would commit and Andrew Williams would commit on Signing Day. Our coaches were sure we had Evans in the bag, but with 18 year old kids stuff like this happens. Also don't rush to judgement on the Bessent arrest until all the facts are unvailed. War Eagle!! We will win it all this year IMO. Peyton Barber and Roc Thomas will be a stud one two punch to go along with Payne at RB. Our OL will be solid and WR will be studs. Also look for Ricky Parks to have a huge impact this year. Once again sorry I was wrong on the RE situation.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No need for apologies. You had nothing to do with this 18 year olds decision. I say good riddance to Mr. Evans.

Charles

More of a reflection on Rashaan Evans and his father than anyone at Auburn or the coaching staff. Hate to say it, but the "fallout" that he and his family are feeling now should have been expected given the way Evans handled his recruitment. I don't feel any sympathy for him either. I am sure the "rec" at Tuscaloosa will make sure they are all "well taken care of".

Thanks for the post 23. I know we all look forward to any info you can give us on any recruit, but the nature of the beast is that sometimes we're wrong. That being said, don't stop with the info! I'm up here in Denver and this is the closest I get to talking AU football with anyone!

Thanks for being the stand up person you are austudent23. You gave good information and reported accurately so no blame to you from this poster. Your good sources were led by the recruit. Just a young man with a dream of his own. War Eagle

No I got hopes up and I apologize, but he did tell our coaches two days before signing day he was coming to AU.

FWIW, He reassured them the night before also

No I got hopes up and I apologize, but he did tell our coaches two days before signing day he was coming to AU.

FWIW, He reassured them the night before also

23, thanks for posting. We appreciate you keeping us informed.

Bird, hope you are well, thanks for adding the info. It is a shame about Evans. We will be OK without him. I am very intersted in seeing Garrett and Moncrief at the Star position.

He did it for dad, IMO . I know one thing for sure, if he invited me to his recruitment ceremony to announce that other school, trust me it would have been a big misunderstanding!

There were many things written about his recruiting and most had him choosing AU. There must have been some information that he or his family gave out to for that to be true. That being said, I find it almost unbelievable that he thinks that there would not be people that were disappointed. But grown-ups talking ugly is way way way over the line. I see some character issues with how he handled things. Once you give your word you are bound by it. If you don't live by that then AU isn't for you.

Bird You are correct with that also. I don't know what got into kids head that night thinking dad got into hid ear and maybe some perks from bammer.

There is info. on the net floating about Alan selling his business, etc.. Interesting. The timing is funny.

I was told from my sources that Alan asked for $$$$ from us. Obviously we said no. It was later when we were told that he was Bama bound. I didn't believe at first but this person is very much involved in the recruiting process. We will be fine without him. WDE

I was told from my sources that Alan asked for $$$$ from us. Obviously we said no. It was later when we were told that he was Bama bound. I didn't believe at first but this person is very much involved in the recruiting process. We will be fine without him. WDE

If that's true, our coaches should have been wired

23, it wasn't necessary, but thanks for the apology. I really appreciated all the info from all the insiders. When I was in Auburn and Tubby was there, I had a few connections, but that hasn't been true for a long while. I appreciate what you guys provide. It always has to be taken with a grain of salt. Especially, as in this case, when the recruit in question is friends with Reuben Foster and has a dad with a bad history with the football program. Looking back, there was always a chance he picked Bama based, primarily, on those facts. He and his family strung our coaches along. No question about that. Now, they're complaining about backlash in town. Figures.

No need for apologies.When I saw the film of the coaches reaction on singing day,I knew they were lied to.

Archived