Want to apologize to all for the Rashaan Evans fiasco

austudnt23

23, we just appreciate your insight...please don't let this fiasco deter you from further insight.

I saw RE's father up close and personal in 1982...perhaps he will shine as bright for his chosen school as did his father :-)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No need to apologize. I really think his father had a hand in the decision.

I could be wrong, but the way his dad is reacting and putting all of this out in the media (not to mention how he played our coaching staff), leads me to believe this was his dad's way of payback.

Trust me something shady went down in this recruitment that is all i willl say.

If it's known for a fact, I hope that it was turned over to the NCAA

The only apology that would seem fitting to me would be one offered to our coaching staff by the evans family. Much has been said about this kids true intentions but I'm of the opinion he knew he was going to bama for weeks prior to the announcement and simply misled everyone for the sake of milking every ounce of attention out of the situation, with possible other sinister motivations as well.. Personally, I think Auburn dodged a bullet missing on this guy and dont see any need whatsoever for any kind of apology coming from those who were taken in by people who proved they cannot be trusted.

23 or any other auburn residents or insiders, i am curious and only curious. i dont get mad at any kid for choosing any school or not. i actually did not feel good about RE when i read AE comments after the circus(party). the business being sold or closed shortly after signing day(a poster in another thread said this) is what i find interesting. that would mean it was already locked down when RE complained to the media about fans requesting a boycott. if you know more on this i would love to hear it. pm me if need. i think they are overplaying the media about the backlash and i think there are reasons for it.

The only apology that would seem fitting to me would be one offered to our coaching staff by the evans family. Much has been said about this kids true intentions but I'm of the opinion he knew he was going to bama for weeks prior to the announcement and simply misled everyone for the sake of milking every ounce of attention out of the situation, with possible other sinister motivations as well.. Personally, I think Auburn dodged a bullet missing on this guy and dont see any need whatsoever for any kind of apology coming from those who were taken in by people who proved they cannot be trusted.

Sounds like his hand was out and Mr. Third String was hoping to get some $ from Auburn to burn us to the NCAA (THIS IS TOTAL SPECULATION, JUST READING BETWEEN THE LINES).

Sounds like his hand was out and Mr. Third String was hoping to get some $ from Auburn to burn us to the NCAA (THIS IS TOTAL SPECULATION, JUST READING BETWEEN THE LINES).

Exactly! Bama try's this all the time, they are scared of AU!

What i posted was what happened. Bama offered money 1st, then they called to see if they could get a higher offer from us. When we declined, he chose Bama. It's a shame, but it is what it is.

What i posted was what happened. Bama offered money 1st, then they called to see if they could get a higher offer from us. When we declined, he chose Bama. It's a shame, but it is what it is.

Be nice if the transaction with the Bama booster was documented...

If anyone should apologize, it should be Evans, for bold faced lying to our staff, and by extension, you and many others. Shadiness or not, a real man doesn't do that, and if he changes his mind, he follows it with an apology and an explanation, not a smoke screen.

You did nothing wrong, 23.

No apology needed from anyone who thought this was going to be AU! 99.9% had it AU the entire final push. Thanks for the information and dedication to AU.

What I don't understand is the stories of the fiasco about the city of Auburn treating him badly. I don't follow recruiting very closely, but I do follow and support all things Auburn University. I wouldn't frequent his family's business establishment either.

I'm a loyal guy. I support LOCAL business and loyal people of their word.

Thanks for all you do buddy...no skin off our backs that a kid decided to act in a less than truthful way.

The City of Auburn isn't treating him badly at all. The decision to close the store was already in the works prior to signing day. It has NOTHING to do with the RE/AE fiasco. They played us. All I'm going to say about it.

Don't think you should apologize, you told what was told to you. Some of the other insiders made fun of guys who doubted and I think that's why it was a backlash but I just remember you coming in saying what you had to say and leaving. That's how it should be imo

The City of Auburn isn't treating him badly at all. The decision to close the store was already in the works prior to signing day. It has NOTHING to do with the RE/AE fiasco. They played us. All I'm going to say about it.

Something is up I agree but there is no way you can speak for an entire city

I can say with certainty that his STORE was in no way, shape, or form in danger of a boycott by the city or this community. The store was in a location that provided a service to that area of town and a more probable cause for the decision to close the store would be decreased sales because of the Family Dollar that opened up a few blocks away. NOT retribution.

No apologies necessary!!!

Sounds to me like Mr. Evans got caught up in the games bammer plays, let them convince him to make this decision, then gets his feelings hurt that the people in AUBURN, AL are upset that once again we had a recruit in our own backyard that seemed to be pro-Auburn all the way pull a signing day switcheroo. I realize he did not take it to the level of Yeldon or Foster, but still, I feel like we were played again. If RE or his family are feeling a little backlash, then so be it. Move to turdville and join the bammer nation.

We will be just fine without RE. Best of luck to him, and I hope he avoids "the process". War Eagle!

Apology not accepted, because you have nothing to apologize for. I'll take your word and the other insiders here every time and appreciate what you do! WDE

Archived