Want to apologize to all for the Rashaan Evans fiasco

austudnt23

No apologies necessary!!!

Sounds to me like Mr. Evans got caught up in the games bammer plays, let them convince him to make this decision, then gets his feelings hurt that the people in AUBURN, AL are upset that once again we had a recruit in our own backyard that seemed to be pro-Auburn all the way pull a signing day switcheroo. I realize he did not take it to the level of Yeldon or Foster, but still, I feel like we were played again. If RE or his family are feeling a little backlash, then so be it. Move to turdville and join the bammer nation.

We will be just fine without RE. Best of luck to him, and I hope he avoids "the process". War Eagle!

The hell he didn't.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No apology necessary 23! I for one hope that everyone uses this as a learning oppurtunity and that we will not go after each other's throat or any recruit's next time. I for one am for AU not going back to AHS for any recruits, much like Daphne (here in Mobile) until the coaching staff and kids can quit playing stupid games in the recruiting process. Oh well, AUBURN U is larger than any one recruit and we got quite a few good ones to sign LOI and I for one am looking forward to seeing what our guys in O&B can pull off next year.

He told our coaches that he was coming to AU, even had Stephen Roberts and Jakell Mitchell at the announcement. The bammer coaches convinced him obviously that the star position was not right for him. He is a stand up kid who made the wrong decision, but he we will be just fine.

He told our coaches and others he was coming to AU, intentionally lied to them, to embarrass Auburn.

He is NOT a " stand up kid " , by any measure.

Sorry, but he just isn't. I absolutely do not CARE if he'll " be just fine " . Forget him.

Add me to the list of those who need no apologies from 23 or other insiders. This fiasco wasn't of their making. Also, I'm among those grateful for the info provided by those who have access, & I fully understand they are reporting what they've been told. I'm glad to be able to read such info & look forward to future postings.

I hope we, as members of this board, do learn from this situation. Something went terribly wrong,& then many made things worse by turning on each other. We are passionate about our Tigers, we often have strong opinions about what's going on around our Tigers, but WE are not the enemy. Hope we remember that reality better in the future.

I'm not addressing this to anyone in particular but is it possible to actually get some confirmation on the situation involving the store? I mean, I read one minute "it's confirmed closed" and two minutes later read "I just rode by and it's open".

Is it open or is it closed?

23, All you did was report what you were told then leave and that is the way you normally handle it. As I recall, you didn't engage in any drama or arguments after your posts, so you have nothing to apologize for imo.

Not knocking our insiders. They were given what sources thought was good information. Just think we got played here. It is over and done with now anyway so I just want to focus on what we do have and go forward with that.

OK, APOLOGY ACCEPTED, CONTINUE YOUR INSIGHT. CAN WE PLEASE TALK ABOUT OUR RECRUITS AND STOP POSTING THIS BAMMER'S NAME ON OUR MESSAGE BOARD!!! GET OVER IT PEOPLE! YOU ARE GIVING THE EVANS MORE AND MORE PUBLICITY BY CONTINUING TO DISCUSS THIS! LET IT BE! WAR EAGLE!

You owe nobody an apology as far as I am concerned. You only reported what you were told by those close to the program. I hope you continue to do so in the future. I appreciate your insight into recruiting and AUBURN football. Keep up the good work. Try to ignore the assclowns.

I doubt anything could have stopped this BS circus created by his sick in the head father. The guy is basically the collegiate equal to the kicker in "Ace Ventura Pet Detective."

He has already received far more attention than he should have ever had in the first place. Sadly, his failure of a football career is what is feeding his sick need for attention now.

We all just need to move on and pity this guy and the mess he made for his son just to satisfy his psychosis.

The man is sick and needs pity and professional help.

There's no need to apologize. Every adult should understand that recruiting is a fluid game. Also, in this situation there was intentional deceit and multiple lies from the Evans outfit.

the more attention they attempt to garner should garner the attention of the NCAA........................I hope. It needs to be investigated. jmho

..... I realize he did not take it to the level of Yeldon or Foster, but still, I feel like we were played again.....

Oh, the Evans bunch took this way, way past the level of Yeldon/Foster. Now they feel disrespected? What respect do they think liars deserve?

Listen...they are playing it smart...They can cry about a boycott and dropping sales at their store. And then decide to move the store to Tuscaloosa, where the good people of that community can come do business in the new store to help a struggling family who suffered at the hands of the evil Auburn fan base.

This is just some BS to provide cover for a handout, paid through generating community support over the sort of sob story that would bring a lot of T-Town locals into the new business.conspiracy theory, sure. It just looks set up well for this. We'll see...

Clearly he told the staff he was all AU, that's been consistent with everyone in the know. Its no ones fault about this "fiasco" if that's what ya wanna call it, well, except for the guy(s) who caused it and they are apparently no longer part of our family. I appreciate any tidbits provided here and this is still my only source of AU info.

Please combine all of these treads about RE and then lock them. That's the only was some here will ever move on to Auburn's very good class this year. Oh! You need to lock any tread that mentions this whole RE mess

23, no apology needed.. I, for one, appreciate all of ur info. I still trust u and ur sources... THANKS 23. Now what are ur pick6 numbers. :hellyeah::happydance:

No need to apologize 23. Like you said, he told our coaches he was coming to AU. Our insiders were just passing along the info they received from very good sources. It happens. Thanks for what you do!!!

This times eleventy billion.

You can only relay the info you obtain.

I was told from my sources that Alan asked for $$$$ from us. Obviously we said no. It was later when we were told that he was Bama bound. I didn't believe at first but this person is very much involved in the recruiting process. We will be fine without him. WDE

Who is "us" ? Coaches ?

Archived