Want to apologize to all for the Rashaan Evans fiasco

austudnt23

Lets talk about Roc, Tre, Deshaun,Andrew, Braden, Stephen, Dhaquille and the others who signed. Those are our guys. Turn this negative energy into positive support for the guys who play and commit to Auburn University. The others....let their bammer family love on them...until they miss a fg or something like that...ie Cade

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was told from my sources that Alan asked for $$$$ from us. Obviously we said no. It was later when we were told that he was Bama bound. I didn't believe at first but this person is very much involved in the recruiting process. We will be fine without him. WDE

Who is "us" ? Coaches ?

The question has to be asked,,,, Have our coaches filed a formal complaint with the NCAA?Regardless of whether or not we think it goes anywhere thanks to the Bama ties, we have to do it.

Please combine all of these treads about RE and then lock them. That's the only was some here will ever move on to Auburn's very good class this year. Oh! You need to lock any tread that mentions this whole RE mess

Ditto

He told our coaches that he was coming to AU, even had Stephen Roberts and Jakell Mitchell at the announcement. The bammer coaches convinced him obviously that the star position was not right for him. He is a stand up kid who made the wrong decision, but he we will be just fine. I was told by very good, I mean very good sources that he was comng to AU. The same sources that told me Braden Smith would commit and Andrew Williams would commit on Signing Day. Our coaches were sure we had Evans in the bag, but with 18 year old kids stuff like this happens. Also don't rush to judgement on the Bessent arrest until all the facts are unvailed. War Eagle!! We will win it all this year IMO. Peyton Barber and Roc Thomas will be a stud one two punch to go along with Payne at RB. Our OL will be solid and WR will be studs. Also look for Ricky Parks to have a huge impact this year. Once again sorry I was wrong on the RE situation.

You are a stand up guy. Appreciate your efforts to get us information during the recruiting process. .

War Eagle !.

Last word on the 'RE situation if it was up to Rashaan he would be at AU that is the last Will say. Too much bammer and family involvement if you catch my drift. Enough we got a he ll of a class and I promise get ready for a very fun football season!

No need to apologize ... EVERYONE was wrong.

Kinda like the meteorologists in Birmingham and all of Alabama a couple of weeks ago. Everybody was wrong on this one (except that little short guy unfortunately).

I talked to one of the coordinators night before signing day. He was confident on Evans and 70-30 on Smith. You had all the same thoughts I did 23, and I honestly didn't see the Evans thing coming.

Interesting article on espn about him getting harassed by the way since his decision. I doubt all of it is true. Still I don't think he understands that it isn't what he decided but how he did it that sticks in the craw.

Listen...they are playing it smart...They can cry about a boycott and dropping sales at their store. And then decide to move the store to Tuscaloosa, where the good people of that community can come do business in the new store to help a struggling family who suffered at the hands of the evil Auburn fan base.

This is just some BS to provide cover for a handout, paid through generating community support over the sort of sob story that would bring a lot of T-Town locals into the new business.conspiracy theory, sure. It just looks set up well for this. We'll see...

Nailed it.

No apologies necessary!!!

Sounds to me like Mr. Evans got caught up in the games bammer plays, let them convince him to make this decision, then gets his feelings hurt that the people in AUBURN, AL are upset that once again we had a recruit in our own backyard that seemed to be pro-Auburn all the way pull a signing day switcheroo. I realize he did not take it to the level of Yeldon or Foster, but still, I feel like we were played again. If RE or his family are feeling a little backlash, then so be it. Move to turdville and join the bammer nation.

We will be just fine without RE. Best of luck to him, and I hope he avoids "the process". War Eagle!

The hell he didn't.

Agree.... lying is lying. We don't need liars!!!

There's no need to apologize. Every adult should understand that recruiting is a fluid game. Also, in this situation there was intentional deceit and multiple lies from the Evans outfit.

No need to apologize 23. Like you said, he told our coaches he was coming to AU. Our insiders were just passing along the info they received from very good sources. It happens. Thanks for what you do!!!

This times eleventy billion.

You can only relay the info you obtain.

Last word on the 'RE situation if it was up to Rashaan he would be at AU that is the last Will say. Too much bammer and family involvement if you catch my drift. Enough we got a he ll of a class and I promise get ready for a very fun football season!

RunInRed......I beg to disagree but EVERYONE wasn't wrong. I said two days before signing day he was going to bama.

Congratulations! You get 1 internet gold coin!!

Don't let this happen again 23. >:D/>

23, seriously...we've been considering docking your AUFamily.com salary for this fiasco. Better get things right on Jeff Holland, D. Payne, and D. Mack, or you'll get docked 20%!

Don't let this happen again 23. >:D

^^^^^^^^^^ Now that is the way to lay it at the feet of another insider! :bow: Keep up the good work guys, we do appreciate it.

Don't let this happen again 23. >:D/>

23, seriously...we've been considering docking your AUFamily.com salary for this fiasco. Better get things right on Jeff Holland, D. Payne, and D. Mack, or you'll get docked 20%!

only if "right" is the good "right"

No apologies necessary!!!

Sounds to me like Mr. Evans got caught up in the games bammer plays, let them convince him to make this decision, then gets his feelings hurt that the people in AUBURN, AL are upset that once again we had a recruit in our own backyard that seemed to be pro-Auburn all the way pull a signing day switcheroo. I realize he did not take it to the level of Yeldon or Foster, but still, I feel like we were played again. If RE or his family are feeling a little backlash, then so be it. Move to turdville and join the bammer nation.

We will be just fine without RE. Best of luck to him, and I hope he avoids "the process". War Eagle!

The hell he didn't.

I say that to mean that he didn't go out and get an Auburn tattoo, or commit to us at his announcement then send his letter to bammer. I guess I should have said "Foster or Koundjio".

23 your are an upright person and I like all the others appreciate and value (and other insiders) information that you share with us. I think anyone that watched Coach Craig's reaction knew he had been lied to. My only disappointment was that coaches were dragged into his Saturday night clown show. Hopefully they learn from this going forward. No recruit, is worth dragging Auburn's good name down. One thing that the AU family needs to do is quit being a part of the turds lies. We lost out on an uncommitted recruit just like a lot of battles with uat we have won (ie Coleman, Roc, Florence). In fact we have gotten more recruits over the last 4 years than uat, where we both made offers. They keep claiming flips on players that were their commits to begin with (ie Foster, Callaway). In fact AU has won the instate battle 3 out of the last 5 years. I just want our fans to understand we are winning this battle. In fact I feel confident that after this years IB and uat beat-down, NS will retire ( if the turds don't run him out first). When this happens uat will be back in the same spot as pre-saben days. Unlike AU, where we swap coaches and come right back to win championships, uat has shown they tend to flail in the dark for a few years. I do think that Alan and Foster was the two that pushed Evans to uat. I also think that RE will not be a fit at uat, the only reason saben took him was to quiet his masses for losing two very good DBs that actually did flip to Auburn. Just remind the turds of that every time they want to throw up RE . WE

I was told from my sources that Alan asked for $$$$ from us. Obviously we said no. It was later when we were told that he was Bama bound. I didn't believe at first but this person is very much involved in the recruiting process. We will be fine without him. WDE

Who is "us" ? Coaches ?

The question has to be asked,,,, Have our coaches filed a formal complaint with the NCAA?Regardless of whether or not we think it goes anywhere thanks to the Bama ties, we have to do it.

That sounds very Dan Mullen/Urban Myerish to me. I could care less if Bama cheats. It makes it that much sweeter when AU takes a bunch of Auburn men and beats a couple hundred thousand dollars worth of Bama mercenaries. When Gus starts beating Bama more times than not, it will make the pressure on Saban even more intense. Trust me, whoever is paying for these recruits will expect a return on their investment. The return they expect is not just championships, it is also to dominate AU and that won't happen with Gus.

I'm not addressing this to anyone in particular but is it possible to actually get some confirmation on the situation involving the store? I mean, I read one minute "it's confirmed closed" and two minutes later read "I just rode by and it's open".

Is it open or is it closed?

I went by yesterday afternoon around 4 and it was open. The neon sign in the window was on, the ATM sign was on, there were 3 cars in the parking lot and I could see people inside.

I thought the store closed down bc he did not pay his property taxes? Is this just speculation or was it a fact that was left out bc it didnt look good in the story?

Archived