Dabo saying

PigskinPat

He just may have signed his own death sentence! Not the "Great Tide". They won't take kind to that admission.

I'm joking ;)

He just may have signed his own death sentence! Not the "Great Tide". They won't take kind to that admission.

I'm joking ;)

Dabo, watch out for the REC Goon Squad! (I think that's the OLine class of 1998...)

He played with gay players when he was at bama. I'll try to link the article later. On my phone right now

My question to Dabo would be, how did he know? :dunno: I dont remember ANY of them actually "coming out"

Not publicly. I know of one Auburn player, while I was in school, that was definitely gay, but he also didn't feel comfortable just making an announcement or anything. As far as I know, he still hasn't made that announcement public. That decision is a personal one, but it doesn't mean that NO ONE knows you're gay.

Not publicly. I know of one Auburn player, while I was in school, that was definitely gay, but he also didn't feel comfortable just making an announcement or anything. As far as I know, he still hasn't made that announcement public. That decision is a personal one, but it doesn't mean that NO ONE knows you're gay.

That's a good point but in a locker room environment it would seem that would be hard to keep concealed.. There is a lot of banter in locker rooms. Some is homophobic, some is sexist and a lot of it is very crass. Just guessing but I would guess homosexual tendencies wouldn't be that difficult to detect, but, thats just my guess.

He played with gay players when he was at bama. I'll try to link the article later. On my phone right now

My question to Dabo would be, how did he know? :dunno: I dont remember ANY of them actually "coming out"

There's a joke I could add here, but it would get me into trouble.

BV, in this case, you probably could've guessed it, and I'm pretty sure he told some dudes on the team. That still doesn't mean he's got to make an announcement. Just because you don't have a presser doesn't mean you're trying to keep a secret. Plus, my guess is the gay guy in the locker room can be just as crass as anyone else.

BV, in this case, you probably could've guessed it, and I'm pretty sure he told some dudes on the team. That still doesn't mean he's got to make an announcement. Just because you don't have a presser doesn't mean you're trying to keep a secret. Plus, my guess is the gay guy in the locker room can be just as crass as anyone else.

Its easy to guess but its also easy to guess wrong. I have assumed certain people were gay before and been wrong. Im not saying anybody has to have a press conference to announce their sexuality but unless you know for sure its just speculation. I had an employee that worked for me in the 80s whom I felt was definitely gay until I went to his wedding.

Maybe Dabo outed himself.

My question to Dabo would be, how did he know? :dunno:/> I dont remember ANY of them actually "coming out"

Maybe Dabo outed himself.

you beat me to it

Its easy to guess but its also easy to guess wrong. I have assumed certain people were gay before and been wrong. Im not saying anybody has to have a press conference to announce their sexuality but unless you know for sure its just speculation. I had an employee that worked for me in the 80s whom I felt was definitely gay until I went to his wedding.

Ha, you still could be right. I know a guy, married, 3 kids, couple Grand kids, no problems and seemed like the regular guy next door- got busted by his wife for cheating...with a man. They later found out he'd been gay even before he got married and had a secret life for 30 years. Only reason they found out was they thought he was having an affair with another woman. They got it half right I suppose.

Ha, you still could be right. I know a guy, married, 3 kids, couple Grand kids, no problems and seemed like the regular guy next door- got busted by his wife for cheating...with a man. They later found out he'd been gay even before he got married and had a secret life for 30 years. Only reason they found out was they thought he was having an affair with another woman. They got it half right I suppose.

Dang, people get themselves in a mess sometimes dont they? :dunno:

Bruce Jenner....

Bruce Jenner....

No, he is talking about Dabo!

Bruce Jenner....

Every time you see his pic in the news it makes you wonder, especially after he talked about shaving his Adam's apple. Has he come out of the closet TB ?

From what I heard, Dabo said there were a couple players that everyone knew or suspected were gay. It didn't sound like the players he was referring to ever explicitly announced it.

Archived