2015 4* OG Javon Patterson (Ole Miss signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Neihbur just CBd him to Ole Miss

Well darn. I remember when I listened to Niebuhrs telecast bout two months ago, he said Carr and Patterson were first come first serve. I'm not sure if that changed, just throwing that out there.

That sucks. Could be AU is done at the OG position with Carr. Still Patterson is a kid I wanted bad.

Yeah, just reading tea leaves, it is starting to look like we may take an OC and Ivey and be done on the O-line. Seems like we have enough guys we like who can play OG (though I also wanted Patterson).

Feel free to correct my reading of the tea leaves!

That sucks. Could be AU is done at the OG position with Carr. Still Patterson is a kid I wanted bad.

Yeah, just reading tea leaves, it is starting to look like we may take an OC and Ivey and be done on the O-line. Seems like we have enough guys we like who can play OG (though I also wanted Patterson).

Well my beer leaves are saying the same

Well my beer leaves are saying the same

:cheers:

Yep..

So looks like we take DWilliams and we're done until NSD when Ivey makes his announcement. Is there any chance Ivey would be an EE with Cox? If not, it could work against us will Cox being at Auburn in January.

I don't think we lost interest in Patterson or have stopped recruiting him. If we don't get him it will be because he likes OM better. Sometimes that happens.

I don't think we lost interest in Patterson or have stopped recruiting him. If we don't get him it will be because he likes OM better. Sometimes that happens.

Also, OL is the one position group where I feel that we're truly in a position to speculate that players might not want to try to squeeze into an already-full cupboard, particularly if there is a roomier one- with a similar offense- right down the road.

Just Ivey and done is a possibility also as the staff feels good about Dampeer and Nix behind Reese at C and they feek any one of the 3 guards committed can play Center.

So looks like we take DWilliams and we're done until NSD when Ivey makes his announcement. Is there any chance Ivey would be an EE with Cox? If not, it could work against us will Cox being at Auburn in January.

It's not a given Williams is a take yet and Ivey said he may commit in the Fall now. He is not an EE.

Just Ivey and done is a possibility also as the staff feels good about Dampeer and Nix behind Reese at C and they feek any one of the 3 guards committed can play Center.

Yep. I'm just sorta leaning toward taking an OC (probably Williams), myself. Like 51/49.

;D

• 2 months later...

I wouldn't imagine we sign more than 1 more OL. Its a position we are already full and I believe Mix has gotten a look at center.

I think Tez is still number one on our remaining list. He is a freak.

I wouldn't imagine we sign more than 1 more OL. Its a position we are already full and I believe Mix has gotten a look at center.

If Ivey and Patterson both want to come we will take both.

how things change in a couple months, gotta love the recruiting circus

No change. We were always taking both. If I said otherwise then I was wrong.

No change. We were always taking both. If I said otherwise then I was wrong.

^^This^^

hinted, but didn't state it, still good E

Archived