Tony Barbee Out as Head Coach.

WarDamnEagle#1

Jay Jacobs: "I believe we should compete for championships in men's basketball. It's time for somebody else to have a turn. We need to find somebody to come in here and take what we have here now and put some more in and compete for SEC titles."

http://www.auburntig.../031214aag.html

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This just totally caught me by surprise! I can't believe it. Jacobs thinks we should compete for championships. I'm behind you Jay!! Now, go out and get the right person this time. You didn't think I was talking about Barbee being fired that caught me by surprise did you? He quit halfway through the season and I quit watching them play. It just made me sick to watch the chaos. WAR EAGLE!!

Wow. - Said no one

I really, really wish him the best. Hope JJ has some help making the right choice for AU's next coach.

It was coming... but, Jay should've waited until tomorrow. Barbee should've been able to get his team back to campus, and meet with Jay innhis office. They're ripping us on ESPN, and personally, I agree. Letting Barbee go, that's fine... but do it the right way, with class.

It was coming... but, Jay should've waited until tomorrow. Barbee should've been able to get his team back to campus, and meet with Jay innhis office. They're ripping us on ESPN, and personally, I agree. Letting Barbee go, that's fine... but do it the right way, with class.

When is ESPN not ripping AU. Who cares what they think anymore.

Barbee gets his money to leave and auburn gets more time to look for a coach. I hope the search committee has already been selected and ready to go to work.

Barbee get his money to leave and auburn gets more time to look for a coach. I hope the search comittee has already been selected and ready to go to work.

Heres praying Barkley isnt on that committee.

@JayGTate: Jacobs’ rationale for tonight: Players were leaving for spring break. He wanted them to be able to talk with Barbee before they scattered.

Get it over with quickly so CBP can go to wor

Bruce can't go to work until mid-August... at the earliest.

He can evaluate, coach, press the flesh etc., just can't personally recruit till then.

Don't get me wrong, I could give a damn what ESPN says, but this could've waited til in the morning.

Lane Kiffin was fired from SC, at the airport. Now, I can't stand Kiffin, but that was a classless move by SC... He should've been able ride home with his team.

"As I said last year, I hoped to see significant improvement this season. Unfortunately, the results fell short of my expectations" -Jacobs

"As AD, I expect more from our basketball program. That is why I believe it is time to move in a new direction"

@colecubelic

He can evaluate, coach, press the flesh etc., just can't personally recruit till then.

Hmmm... that'll help our situation.

Don't get me wrong, I could give a damn what ESPN says, but this could've waited til in the morning.

Lane Kiffin was fired from SC, at the airport. Now, I can't stand Kiffin, but that was a classless move by SC... He should've been able ride home with his team.

See the JayGTate tweet I posted. The players were scattering after the game because of Spring Break.

Hmmm... that'll help our situation.

Or we can do the creed hugger thing and hire a mid major coach with 2 decent seasons on his resume. It's been so much fun the past two times.

See the JayGTate tweet I posted. The players were scattering after the game because of Spring Break.

Timing is unfortunate, but AU had to. Sounds bad, but really its not.

Archived