Tony Barbee Out as Head Coach.

WarDamnEagle#1

I say we get a coach who wants to bring Under Armor it's first SEC Championship.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since we have this leverage via football, why can't we ask/demand/promote UA to begin sponsoring AAU hoops like Adidas or Nike does?

Since we have this leverage via football, why can't we ask/demand/promote UA to begin sponsoring AAU hoops like Adidas or Nike does?

I think that's the tone any renegotiating will take. Either pony up the big bucks to start luring away some of these big AAU teams to Under Armour or we want to be able to opt out for an apparel company that is putting their $$ where their mouth is.

I suspect the tone would be, give us some freedom in this one area or we'll have to walk away from what's been a very successful partnership in other areas.

I think that's the tone any renegotiating will take. Either pony up the big bucks to start luring away some of these big AAU teams to Under Armour or we want to be able to opt out for an apparel company that is putting their $$ where their mouth is.

I agree, but with UA being a smaller company than either nike or Adidas that may be fiscally impossible for them to do. UA is still making a name for themselves, bit primarily with football. And they are doing a superb job at it, especially with the UA all-American game among other things. Fact is nike just has a 30 year or so head start and almost total control of the AAU. It's really scary to think one brand can hold so much power. I for one hope we never use their products and become just another cog in the wheel of their monopoly. Auburn and UA are a good fit for one another, to brands going head to head competing against the evil empires.

The au football program is a top 15 program.

We wouldn't breach a contract, we would call and demand a renegotiation. We would suggest a very public divorce from UA to nike, or other, unless we could drop bball off the contract w them.

I like the other 2 suggestions. Have our new coach win w UA or tell UA to pony up in the AAU world - and big time. They have done a solid job building a name in other sports.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived