Twitter About Pearl. Is it True?

Weegle777

I hope so....pearl has already said he would love to be here ...he's an awesome coach that got caught in a lie....its not like he was giving away chargers or wrecked his Harley with his mistress

Well I don't know who this Kyle Brown is or where he gets his information. I'd hold off on that victory dance for right now. Would like to see if some of our insiders could come up with something.

Edited by cooltigger21

Here's the tweet from ST

Scott Reaves ā€@ScottR334 15m

It appears all signs point to Auburn hiring Bruce Pearl as their new basketball coach. Could happen in the next 48 hours.

Here's the tweet from ST

Scott Reaves ā€@ScottR334 15m

It appears all signs point to Auburn hiring Bruce Pearl as their new basketball coach. Could happen in the next 48 hours.

Alright now it's legit. WDE!

I hope so....pearl has already said he would love to be here

Unless something new you've read, He just said that he would entertain any interest by Auburn or other schools

I heard that Pearl said earlier that he wasn't interested in a coaching job until his restrictions are lifted in Augurst. Don't know how credible that source was though.

Question: Can he recruit? From what I've heard Auburn is hamstrung by our contract with Under Armor. We can't recruit at Nike sponsored venues such as the AAU, whose coaches steer their players to schools with Nike contracts. that sounds borderline illegal to me, but who am I?

I am for getting Pearl. He is loaded with personality and will bring a lot of attention to AU. I hope this is true.

I heard that Pearl said earlier that he wasn't interested in a coaching job until his restrictions are lifted in Augurst. Don't know how credible that source was though.

Question: Can he recruit? From what I've heard Auburn is hamstrung by our contract with Under Armor. We can't recruit at Nike sponsored venues such as the AAU, whose coaches steer their players to schools with Nike contracts. that sounds borderline illegal to me, but who am I?

From looking through UT's signing classes during his stint in Knoxville, I'd say yes. He signed four 5* athletes and usually at least one 4* each year.

When Bruce Pearl was at UT did he have the same issues with Nike camps since they are an Addidas school?

no....and tnt is 20-12 this season... personally I think the AAU stuff is a bunch of bs

When Bruce Pearl was at UT did he have the same issues with Nike camps since they are an Addidas school?

no....and tnt is 20-12 this season... personally I think the AAU stuff is a bunch of bs

The AAU stuff isn't BS. Adidas also has a big presence in AAU. Not as many teams as Nike but way more influence than UA has, which is next to none. Nike and Adidas are the two heavyweights in AAU.

As I've stated before, I don't want Pearl to be hired by Auburn. If we do hire him I'll still support our basketball team but I don't think we need to be taking out others' garbage or providing a halfway house for NCAA violators. Petrino, Pearl, both were put up as our "only hope" to have a winning team. It's simply not true. Auburn can and will have a winning BB program with or without hiring a coach with lying to his previous employer baggage.

Edited by Mikey
  • Haha 1

As I've stated before, I don't want Pearl to be hired by Auburn. If we do hire him I'll still support our basketball team but I don't think we need to be taking out others' garbage or providing a halfway house for NCAA violators. Petrino, Pearl, both were put up as our "only hope" to have a winning team. It's simply not true. Auburn can and will have a winning BB program with or without hiring a coach with NCAA baggage.

Then you need to never cheer for Cam nor cheer for our current QB. They have made mistakes, even though they weren't NCAA violations.

As I've stated before, I don't want Pearl to be hired by Auburn. If we do hire him I'll still support our basketball team but I don't think we need to be taking out others' garbage or providing a halfway house for NCAA violators. Petrino, Pearl, both were put up as our "only hope" to have a winning team. It's simply not true. Auburn can and will have a winning BB program with or without hiring a coach with NCAA baggage.

Then you need to never cheer for Cam nor cheer for our current QB. They have made mistakes, even though they weren't NCAA violations.

They were kids, not adults making six+ figure salaries. There is a big difference.

They were kids, not adults making six+ figure salaries. There is a big difference.

Mistakes are mistakes. They weren't eight year olds. They knew right from wrong. Justify it to yourself any way that makes you feel better.

As I've stated before, I don't want Pearl to be hired by Auburn. If we do hire him I'll still support our basketball team but I don't think we need to be taking out others' garbage or providing a halfway house for NCAA violators. Petrino, Pearl, both were put up as our "only hope" to have a winning team. It's simply not true. Auburn can and will have a winning BB program with or without hiring a coach with lying to his previous employer baggage.

Like I said before, if Didion is giving a green light on the hire, that tells me all I need to know. Lock him down.

• Like 1

So tell us how you feel about Pat Dye? If he were younger would you support him coaching again? How about the coach at Troy? I am sure you have never made a mistake in your life :whistle: ..glass house and all...

Bruce Pearl didn't commit murder. He just had recruits over for dinner and didn't say anything to the NCAA. It's really not that big of a deal. We are in an extremely fortunate situation where it is possible that Coach Pearl will come to Auburn. He is a championship caliber coach and his record proves that.

Like I said before, if Didion is giving a green light on the hire, that tells me all I need to know. Lock him down.

Yep. Mikey is not going to be happy with this hire. Pretty much done.