Twitter About Pearl. Is it True?

Weegle777

So who is this Scott Reaves guy?

Next time you see a giraffe, thank Scott Reaves. There were none until one day he was upset and punched a few horses with an upper cut.

Kirk Samson (AU Asst. AD/Media Relations) just started following @coachbrucepearl on Twitter...TIFWIW :)

I was following Bruce Pearl on Twitter before it was cool.

Nice! Lol

Next time you see a giraffe, thank Scott Reaves. There were none until one day he was upset and punched a few horses with an upper cut.

Almost woke my wife laughing! Thanks

So if I got all this correct from this thread:

- Pearl committed somewhat minor infractions - and will have paid his punishment

- Known as a big time name in the game, good recruiter/coach

- Has interest in being at AU (as well as other schools)

- some of the PTB in the compliance side of the house (to include the guy who was the lead investigator that got him punished??) say he is a "clear" hire

Why not give him the opportunity (like we did several football players), maybe, he has learned his lesson, and knows how to keep his nose clean for the future. Sounds like a guy who can still recruit and get the talent that isn't shuffled through the AAU/NIKE system. We need something to fill up the Auburn Arena.

- Pearl committed somewhat minor infractions - and will have paid his punishment

- some of the PTB in the compliance side of the house (to include the guy who was the lead investigator that got him punished??) say he is a "clear" hire

Why not give him the opportunity (like we did several football players), maybe, he has learned his lesson, and knows how to keep his nose clean for the future. Sounds like a guy who can still recruit and get the talent that isn't shuffled through the AAU/NIKE system. We need something to fill up the Auburn Arena.

I am all for giving him a chance. I am just saying that the compliance people need to live in his hip pocket and don't let him get in a position where he endangers Auburn.

Bruce Pearl didn't commit murder. He just had recruits over for dinner and didn't say anything to the NCAA. It's really not that big of a deal. We are in an extremely fortunate situation where it is possible that Coach Pearl will come to Auburn. He is a championship caliber coach and his record proves that.

The big deal is he lied and tried to get the recruits parents to lie also. That's all. Not that big of a deal but he did lie to the NCAA and took his punishment like a man.

Hitting the LIKE button now,,,

Scott Reaves is second only to Wade Christopher...IMNSHO!

I am all for giving him a chance. I am just saying that the compliance people need to live in his hip pocket and don't let him get in a position where he endangers Auburn.

I would think since the compliance folks know his past, they would be fully prepared to do their job- which includes keeping us out of trouble. If he is signed off on by these guys, that should speak volumes to the doubters.

Anybody familiar with Pearl knows that he's not going to be anything to worry about as our coach. Guarantee there isn't a single Knoxvillian on here that would argue this or doesn't want him as our coach. He is nothing short of awesome. There's no question if we want him or not. It's if he wants us.

Comparisons to Bobby Petrino? Pure ignorance. That's being nice about it.

Anybody familiar with Pearl knows that he's not going to be anything to worry about as our coach. Guarantee there isn't a single Knoxvillian on here that would argue this or doesn't want him as our coach. He is nothing short of awesome. There's no question if we want him or not. It's if he wants us.

Agreed Nice Post! ;)

Agreed Nice Post! ;)

Let's see...suborned perjury by some recruits and their families, lied to his bosses at UT and lied to the NCAA....just the kind of guy anyone would like to have in charge of a $15million dollar business. :-\ well, maybe not.

I think our deal with Pearl may be up in the air now. Something has happened since WDEwde's thread has been taken down. I hope this is not the case.

I think our deal with Pearl may be up in the air now. Something has happened since WDEwde's thread has been taken down. I hope this is not the case.

Maybe Pearl's tie turned out to be just Blue and Yellow :dunno: