Twitter About Pearl. Is it True?

Weegle777

Anybody familiar with Pearl knows that he's not going to be anything to worry about as our coach. Guarantee there isn't a single Knoxvillian on here that would argue this or doesn't want him as our coach. He is nothing short of awesome. There's no question if we want him or not. It's if he wants us.

Comparisons to Bobby Petrino? Pure ignorance. That's being nice about it.

Agreed Nice Post! ;)/>

Let's see...suborned perjury by some recruits and their families, lied to his bosses at UT and lied to the NCAA....just the kind of guy anyone would like to have in charge of a $15million dollar business. :-\/> well, maybe not.

Well, apparently more folks want him than don't and it's not just AU people. Why? Because he is a great bb coach and in the scheme of things, what he did was fairly minimal. He is a rock star coach and he's available, it's normal for folks to wanna snag him IMO.

Let's see...suborned perjury by some recruits and their families, lied to his bosses at UT and lied to the NCAA....just the kind of guy anyone would like to have in charge of a $15million dollar business. :-\/> well, maybe not.

Perjury? That is a word that has an actual definition. That is not what he did.

ncaa perjury is simply called lying. most all human beings have done it at some point.

ncaa perjury is simply called lying. most all human beings have done it at some point.

no it was a bit more than that. Everyone keep wanting to minimize what the violations were. He not only lied himself but asked others to lie for him as well. On top of that the very next season he had more infractions that, combined with whar went on earlier, cost him his job. The penalty received was justified IMO. That having been said, it does seem as though he learned his lesson from that. I was originally opposed but I will say ok give him the opportunity. Edited by cooltigger21

Interesting exchange with Bruce Pearl just now on ESPNU Bracketology. One of the guys brought up Auburn and Coach Pearl said he looked good in orange. One of the guys closed to segment with a "War Eagle"

Yeah I saw the Bracketology show too and wondered if there was something to it. An AU mention and a WAR EAGLE all in one segment. Even if AU doesnt get Pearl, I really believe he is seriously considering us.

Interesting exchange with Bruce Pearl just now on ESPNU Bracketology. One of the guys brought up Auburn and Coach Pearl said he looked good in orange. One of the guys closed to segment with a "War Eagle"

This sounds encouraging!

This sounds encouraging!

Wow!

Time will tell but AU has done everything it can

wonder if that included opening up all aau coach related avenues for recruiting and the possibility of an apparel change the other prime reasons items to discuss/consider would be money, buyout and auburns bball history.

Of those 5 items, I would think money would be the least of the problems with buyout next (although I've already mentioned my hate of buyouts). My guess is the now self imposed aau recruiting restrictions would not be a big issue to this coach since it sounds like he has connections in atl.

So I see the apparel thing and AU bball history as the 2 things he has to chew on. If the shoe thing is that big a deal then I hope the school would commit to at least trying to make a change.

I hope this hire will for once and all change the history issue. The new coach has a opportunity to truly place himself in legend category if he can create a successful program.

Pearls atl connections and our proximity could be an interesting angle, since pearls recruiting will be affected till August.

Wonder how long JJ's gonna give him...?

Should know by Monday I hope. Like I said its up to higher powers now

As in BP wants to be here, JJ wants him here, fans want him here but we need certain people to sign off?

Sorry if I've missed this, but can we confirm that Pearl has officially had an offer presented to him? I've read the twitter posts and blog entries etc but haven't seen anything that was an apparent 100% offer.

As in BP wants to be here, JJ wants him here, fans want him here but we need certain people to sign off?

No he means the PTB... you know the ones that have intentionally kept AU basketball down for eternity.

No he means the PTB... you know the ones that have intentionally kept AU basketball down for eternity.

None of the above.

I so hope this is true!! Mikey, I appreciate where you are coming from, but I think you are a little misguided. You are welcomed to your opinion on who/what our new coach should be. College athletics, by it's very nature, is basically a sewer. No one is clean who works in it. Not Dye, not Pearl, and not our beloved Malzahn.

I would love what Pearl could do with our BB program.

The above statement is pure truth.