Twitter About Pearl. Is it True?

Weegle777

We have the lead investigator of Pearl in our compliance staff giving us the green light. Our basketball program needs the exposure that the hire of Pearl would bring in. If he wants to be at Auburn, this decision is a no brainer.

Bruce Pearl didn't commit murder. He just had recruits over for dinner and didn't say anything to the NCAA. It's really not that big of a deal. We are in an extremely fortunate situation where it is possible that Coach Pearl will come to Auburn. He is a championship caliber coach and his record proves that.

The big deal is he lied and tried to get the recruits parents to lie also. That's all. Not that big of a deal but he did lie to the NCAA and took his punishment like a man.

From what I'm learning it sounds as though there's a lot more Auburn's administration needs to do than just hire a coach in order for our BB program to be successful. Sounds like this is a good time to get everything straight and give our BB team the full support from Samford Hall that it deserves. Otherwise we'll just remain in the situation we're in indefinitely.

We ought to get Pearl in here and say, "What do you need?" And actually give it to him. This athletic dept. makes a killing now, imagine if our men's bball team starts going dancing every year. Endless possibilities.

I so hope this is true!! Mikey, I appreciate where you are coming from, but I think you are a little misguided. You are welcomed to your opinion on who/what our new coach should be. College athletics, by it's very nature, is basically a sewer. No one is clean who works in it. Not Dye, not Pearl, and not our beloved Malzahn.

I would love what Pearl could do with our BB program.

We ought to get Pearl in here and say, "What do you need?" And actually give it to him. This athletic dept. makes a killing now, imagine if our men's bball team starts going dancing every year. Endless possibilities.

Yep!

Bruce Pearl didn't commit murder. He just had recruits over for dinner and didn't say anything to the NCAA. It's really not that big of a deal. We are in an extremely fortunate situation where it is possible that Coach Pearl will come to Auburn. He is a championship caliber coach and his record proves that.

no he didn't commit murder. I was initially against him and I still have some reservations but I will be pleased if he is the hire. That having been said, I honestly believe there are some who would want him even if he had committed murder.

no he didn't commit murder. I was initially against him and I still have some reservations but I will be pleased if he is the hire. That having been said, I honestly believe there are some who would want him even if he had committed murder.

Not murder. I would be o.k. with him if he just cut a few fingers off of somebody though.

Do you not think every coach in the NCAA has done the same thing he did. Maybe Kentucky or Vandy had a axe to grind.

we will take a beating in the media, but we are used to it.

I doubt we well get any beating at all. This would be the biggest hire in AU BBall history. This guy is big time. It will be taken as AU made a big time hire. Remember, PeRl works o. The media now.

Pearl is a great coach and team developer, recruiting guys that fit his sytsem, his development of UWM I saw first hand and that program has continued to have relative success. He will recruit to fit his teams system and develop great team chemistry, just gotta have patience to let it happen.... I would also love for Jacobs to give Saul Phillips a look, believes in a system and solidarity of a team.

Where did you guys read that our compliance dept. has "blessed this event"? Is that a documented fact or wishful thinking?

Where did you guys read that our compliance dept. has "blessed this event"? Is that a documented fact or wishful thinking?

Admins on the pay sites have explicitly said so.

Admins on the pay sites have explicitly said so.

Thanks. I don't frequent any pay sites.

we will take a beating in the media, but we are used to it.

The positive pub will far outweigh the negative. Most anyone can see his punishment didn't fit the crime.

March 16 will be a big day in Auburn Basketball history.

Hope so! I also hope that if this goes down we make it a huge deal at A Day. Announce him to the AU family and keep the energy pumping that we experienced and built on from last A Day.

So who is this Scott Reaves guy?

He is the one who started Auburn Eagle. The absolute best at football recruiting I have ever seen. Was very obvious he has an "in" with our athletic dept..

He is the one who started Auburn Eagle. The absolute best at football recruiting I have ever seen. Was very obvious he has an "in" with our athletic dept..

Ah, I see. Thanks.

He is Edmond Dantes. He is my father, and my mother, my brother, my friend. He is you, and me. He is all of us.
  • Love 1