Twitter About Pearl. Is it True?

Weegle777

13 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Damn, Mikey sure hated some Bruce Pearl back in the day.

That's asinine. I thought hiring a coach who was under a show cause suspension was very risky. Eight years ago AU was just coming off probation due to the NCAA railroading us on the Kamara situation. We already had a target on our back and hiring a coach who was on their hit list very likely could have made it worse. We got lucky and aside from a few minor scrapes along the way, it worked out.

I and  several other posters here thought hiring a coach under a show cause was a bad mistake. Nobody hated Bruce Pearl but were the situation to be the same today, I'd once again say that hiring such a coach one year after coming off probation is not at all prudent.

12 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Love the new profile pic. :D

Thank you man. What’s funny is I have been responding to threads with no input just to see it lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, selias said:

I'll admit, I got a much needed chuckle from this thread after seeing the original date.

I panicked lol. I was thinking about quitting sports all together 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Thank you man. What’s funny is I have been responding to threads with no input just to see it lol 

I know Mav has been thinking of changing his but doesn't want to mess with the mojo. Same here. I've never had a picture but have been thinking of adding one because KD has so many good faces.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

That's asinine. I thought hiring a coach who was under a show cause suspension was very risky. Eight years ago AU was just coming off probation due to the NCAA railroading us on the Kamara situation. We already had a target on our back and hiring a coach who was on their hit list very likely could have made it worse. We got lucky and aside from a few minor scrapes along the way, it worked out.

I and  several other posters here thought hiring a coach under a show cause was a bad mistake. Nobody hated Bruce Pearl but were the situation to be the same today, I'd once again say that hiring such a coach one year after coming off probation is not at all prudent.

I think as strong as our compliance staff was during that time,  I felt like they were confident they had done their due diligence and felt that the past sins were not that great, to not give him a chance at AU. 

Believe me, they were going to monitor him super close for sure.

That's why it was a shock to see what was allowed to go on with an AU legacy so quick into Pearl's tenure here.

• Like 1

Y'all need to chill bumping threads 6 years old.  Dyslexics like me are easily rattled xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I think as strong as our compliance staff was during that time,  I felt like they were confident they had done their due diligence and felt that the past sins were not that great, to not give him a chance at AU. 

Believe me, they were going to monitor him super close for sure.

That's why it was a shock to see what was allowed to go on with an AU legacy so quick into Pearl's tenure here.

I think that North Carolina and Kansas having their own problems at the time somewhat shielded us from being a target. The NCAA couldn't harass us as much as they would have liked without catching hell for ignoring those two blue bloods.