SPLASH! AUBURN HIRES BRUCE PEARL AS BASKETBALL COACH

augolf1716

This is awesome. I love the national coverage AU bball is getting. The football team can have a low-key coach like Gus because the program hypes itself w/o any additional marketing necessary. But BP is EXACTLY what the program needed, and ESPN will not bash the guy unless its absolutely warranted due to his time with them.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is awesome. I love the national coverage AU bball is getting. The football team can have a low-key coach like Gus because the program hypes itself w/o any additional marketing necessary. But BP is EXACTLY what the program needed, and ESPN will not bash the guy unless its absolutely warranted due to his time with them.

I predict Auburn's first ever sell out at Midnight Madness in 2014. I may take a day off myself.

The very first game that I watched Bruce Pearl coach was him beating Alabama in the 2005 NCAA tournament. I've been a fan of his ever since. War Eagle, Bruce!

The very first game that I watched Bruce Pearl coach was him beating Alabama in the 2005 NCAA tournament. I've been a fan of his ever since. War Eagle, Bruce!

Thank you for that! I totally forgot about that game!

War Eagle!

Really hate that I am living so far away right now from Auburn as the next few years should be a special time in football and basketball. Going to try to make it to as many games as possible.

It is still feeling awesome that JJ reeled in Bruce Pearl!!! I am beyond ecstatic at this hire!! This is such a great thing for AU!! I am just beside myself at how exciting AU BB will be in the coming years!

WOW!!!!

War Eagle!!!

:wareagle:

Don't be surprised if you see Bruce at numerous events on campus including all aspects of college life, from freshman orientation to all spring sports and so on.

Gotta love this coach, and I hate bball. I'll definitely be watching some games this season. lol

Retweeted by Alex Byington

TZ-DHBOi_bigger.jpegMike Szvetitz ‏@Szvetitz 4m

Bruce Pearl says he'll donate $100 to Pi Kappa Phi's Push America fundraiser. pic.twitter.com/gcRAHv7meW

BkO90GsIEAAkOqE.jpg

BkO95uFIIAABiQR.jpg

So much for not being without a shirt on. He reneged on that statement in less than 2 weeks, ha.

How old is Coach Pearle? I think we can anticipate at least a .500 season for 2014-15 and maybe a few games better. We should get into the NIT next year. Who knows, maybe Coach Pearle will catch some lightening in a bottle in the style of CGM and go deep in the NCAA.

How old is Coach Pearle? I think we can anticipate at least a .500 season for 2014-15 and maybe a few games better. We should get into the NIT next year. Who knows, maybe Coach Pearle will catch some lightening in a bottle in the style of CGM and go deep in the NCAA.

PEARL

Archived