SPLASH! AUBURN HIRES BRUCE PEARL AS BASKETBALL COACH

augolf1716

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't said this in a long time, but I can't wait for next year's basketball season. Auburn in the next few years will get many more nationally televised games. This is awesome!

Some of these have been posted already, but this is being very well received...

Here's a sampling of Pearl-related Tweets ...

Auburn AD Jay Jacobs:

“@jayjacobsauad: BOOM! @coachbrucepearl”

CBSSports reporter Bruce Feldman:

“@BFeldmanCBS: Hire Gus Malzahn and then land Bruce Pearl. I'd say it's been a very productive 16 months for #Auburn AD Jay Jacobs.”

Former Vols player & Bruce Pearl's son, Steven Pearl:

“@StevenPearl22: War Damn Eagle”

ESPN reporter Jeff Goodman:

“@GoodmanESPN: Just a matter of time before Bruce Pearl makes Auburn relevant in hoops.”

Auburn basketball player KT Harrell:

“@KtHarrell1: Shoutout to our new family member Bruce Pearl #WDE”

Louisville basketball player Kevin Ware:

“@5Juice: Big congratulations to my man @coachbrucepearl back in coaching at Auburn now!!!!”

Louisville radio host Mark Ennis:

“@Mengus22: People asking if Auburn is too small a job for Pearl. Look at SEC bball, could be the 3rd best program in two good recruiting classes.”

Outkickthecoverage.com & Foxsports.com writer Clay Travis:

“@ClayTravisBGID: Think about what Auburn's Jay Jacobs has pulled off with his last two hires. Gus Malzahn and Bruce Pearl? Holy hell. AD of the decade?”

Sirus XM radio host Chris Childers:

“@ChildersRadio: So excited for my buddy Bruce Pearl! Auburn hit a home run. Nice facilities down there to recruit to and Pearl is great salesman. Good fit!”

Basketball analyst Joe Dean Jr.:

“@joedeanjr: Bruce Pearl. Fasten your seats belts SEC!”

Pearl's wife, Brandy Pearl:

“@Brandytnpearl: Go War Eagles! #aubasketball”

ESPN analyst Fran Fraschilla:

“@franfraschilla: Hope Bruce Pearl didn't throw all those orange ties out.”

CBSSports columnist Gregg Doyel:

“@GreggDoyelCBS: Auburn just got good at basketball.”

ESPN radio host Mike Greenberg:

“@Espngreeny: I'm thrilled for Bruce Pearl. Received far worse than he deserved from ridiculous NCAA. Will be rooting for him big at #Auburn.”

Birmingham/Tuscaloosa sports producer B.J. Millican:

“@bjmillican: Lane Kiffin & Bruce Pearl will be coaching in the same state in 2014. Dreams do come true.”

We just need to teach Mrs. Pearl the correct usage of "War Eagle".

Very excited... as time wore on I was fearing that we botched the chance to hire CBP. I am glad we locked him up! Great days ahead for the Auburn basketball program.

And in regards to what Bruce said about making the Tennessee game meaningful to Kentucky fans, I believe he will do the same at Auburn. Hopefully no longer will UK and UF circle Auburn as an automatic victory on their schedule but instead one where they will have to play their A game to win.

It is time to officially park the "Fire JJ" bandwagon. He has made outstanding hires for football, baseball and now basketball. I fully expect championships to follow in the near future! A very big War Damn Eagle to JJ and Coach Pearl! Best group of coaches in America by far!

do you think he will be able to recruit 2 solid guys to wrap up this class? or will the recruting impact not take place until next years class? I know he can't recruit until august..but maybe his assistants.

Apparently his name alone is worth a lot to some recruits:

Garrett Tucker@GTuckerF150 44m

Bruce Pearl effect already beginning in recruiting. High-level recruit says he is going to be very interested in Auburn now with hire

I will be attending quite a few more games than usual this season, I probably wouldn't have gone to any next year had the status quo remained the same. I'm probably not the only one. Expect season tix sales to go up based on BP's name by itself...wait to we win a few and see what happens. WDE!

I will be attending quite a few more games than usual this season, I probably wouldn't have gone to any next year had the status quo remained the same. I'm probably not the only one. Expect season tix sales to go up based on BP's name by itself...wait to we win a few and see what happens. WDE!

Wait 'til you see him in orange and blue body paint leading Bodda Getta at JHS ... the arena will be packed most of the season.

Archived