2015 3* QB Lamar Jackson (Louisville signee)

RunInRed

I don't see anyone who is worried. :dunno:

Someone is worried about Arkansas .... Folks will always find something to worry about. I don't think anyone's too worried about our current QB situation, though. Now LB and DL, yes -- folks are worried.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, really not sure who blueridge was directing that at. Certainly hope it wasn't me. I am guilty, however, of contributing to a broader threadjack.

If we get Jackson, I'm guessing it's not because we're "settling" for him, but instead because he's just better- or, perhaps more accurately, better suited for our offense- than the recruiting services suggest.

Yeah, really not sure who blueridge was directing that at. Certainly hope it wasn't me. I am guilty, however, of contributing to a broader threadjack.

If we get Jackson, I'm guessing it's not because we're "settling" for him, but instead because he's just better- or, perhaps more accurately, better suited for our offense- than the recruiting services suggest.

Yeah, I was just trying to redirect.

It will be interesting to see if we pursue Jackson at this point.

For me it would depend on who else we can get. We're getting low on spots and we need so DL badly. If we get Ivey and perhaps still Javon, I'd rather have both of them than another QB this year.

I think we're in good shape with several talented QBs in 2016 class. Not signing another one this year may actually help us with next years QB recruits.

I think we're in good shape with several talented QBs in 2016 class. Not signing another one this year may actually help us with next years QB recruits.

This person gets it.

For me it would depend on who else we can get. We're getting low on spots and we need so DL badly. If we get Ivey and perhaps still Javon, I'd rather have both of them than another QB this year.

I agree with this because Jason Smith.

We have 8 or 9 spots left in this class. Plenty of room to meet all the staff's needs for the class and have spots left over.

At this point I want to save QB slots for next years QB class. We will have a better chance with elite QB's if we do this, because Marshall will be gone, and we most likely will only have 3 QB's on scholly: JJ, SW, and TQ (hopefully healthy). The road to PT will be seen as less than if we took a second QB this year. Plus, IMO, we should only go after Elite level QB's from our coaches perspectives now. With our offense, we should have great options.

most likely will only have 3 QB's on scholly: JJ, SW, and TQ (hopefully healthy)

2-maybe 3 deep= shallow

we should only go after Elite level QB's from our coaches perspectives now. With our offense, we should have great options.

Exactly. If our coaches perceive a guy to have a chance to be elite in our offense, they should go after him. The day they let the recruiting services do their scouting for them is the day they've given up.

I suspect that FSU will have trouble keeping all 3 of their QB commits this year. Plus, if NM and JJ light it up this year and we continue to get elite '16 WRs, this years QBs and next will take note.

• 4 weeks later...

Though we want the Elite level QB's, we seem to wait and wait before we offer them. Then before you know it, they've committed else and we are out of the running.

Though we want the Elite level QB's, we seem to wait and wait before we offer them. Then before you know it, they've committed else and we are out of the running.

I won't be surprised if Auburn reconsider Jason Smith at QB. Reminds me of Nick Marshall.

I won't be surprised if Auburn reconsider Jason Smith at QB. Reminds me of Nick Marshall.

I believe you are correct.

With JJ, White and Queen waiting in the wings, I don't think J. Smith even gets a sniff at QB. JJ will have two years AU experience on him and White one. Then factor in that Smith will have only 2 years eligibility left and there seems no reason to even waste practice snaps with Smith at QB. WR, on the other hand, should be wide open if we lose two to the NFL as predicted..

not to be nitpicky, but Jackson was hardly an elite QB, and with how good we are already looking for QB recruits next season this is not a loss

With JJ, White and Queen waiting in the wings, I don't think J. Smith even gets a sniff at QB. JJ will have two years AU experience on him and White one. Then factor in that Smith will have only 2 years eligibility left and there seems no reason to even waste practice snaps with Smith at QB. WR, on the other hand, should be wide open if we lose two to the NFL as predicted..

I agree with this. Jason will be a great threat at AU. That will be at Receiver.

• 1 year later...

Auburn screwed the pooch on this kid. I posted this in the post game thread that Lamar was waiting on Auburn to offer a committablle offer but I guess we only wanted Queen.

Auburn screwed the pooch on this kid. I posted this in the post game thread that Lamar was waiting on Auburn to offer a committablle offer but I guess we only wanted Queen.

If he was a 3 star, we weren't the only ones that screwed the pooch.

Archived