Pearl Assistants

TIGGR82

Can someone tell me why people want this Ryan Miller guy? I believe he should get rid of everyone involved in Barbee's staff, you know the guys who coached and recruited the worst team of a four year stretch in Auburn history...

if you refer to him as that Miller guy....it is obvious that you suddenly care about basketball because you heard Bruce Pearl is cool and amazing, which he is.....Miller brought much talent to AU, for reasons other than recruiting them, they left, we could all speculate or tell rumors of why but this board is not about that.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone tell me why people want this Ryan Miller guy? I believe he should get rid of everyone involved in Barbee's staff, you know the guys who coached and recruited the worst team of a four year stretch in Auburn history...

if you refer to him as that Miller guy....it is obvious that you suddenly care about basketball because you heard Bruce Pearl is cool and amazing, which he is.....Miller brought much talent to AU, for reasons other than recruiting them, they left, we could all speculate or tell rumors of why but this board is not about that.

Very well said!!

Curtis Luper was a good recruiter too, football-wise. Should we have kept him? Pretty sure the answer is no. I don't want any holdovers from the Barbee staff. It's time for another "new day", and there's no reason why basketball should have to follow lower standards than our football program.

Curtis Luper was a good recruiter too, football-wise. Should we have kept him? Pretty sure the answer is no. I don't want any holdovers from the Barbee staff. It's time for another "new day", and there's no reason why basketball should have to follow lower standards than our football program.

Not a fair comparison. Keeping Luper would have caused red flags for the NCAA like our attempt to let us recruit Jovon again. . Keeping Miller does not have that type of baggage.

Miller was Barbee's lead recruiter. Truth be told, recruiting was not our problem. Coach Miller helped us land Shaq Johnson, Jordan Price, and Cedric McAferee. Keeping our talented players on the team was our problem, and I do not hold Ryan Miller responsible for that. Most people believe that he is still an ace recruiter and would make an incredible recruiting force with Coach Bruce Pearl and assistant Tony Jones.

So Ryan Miller is an "ace" recruiter? Perhaps we have different versions of what that terminology exactly means. How many 4* and 5* stud ball players did Miller sign in his time here?

it depends on who is the headman, if Ryan Mill can get a 3* for Babee, he may be able to get two 4* for Pearl.

Miller was Barbee's lead recruiter. Truth be told, recruiting was not our problem. Coach Miller helped us land Shaq Johnson, Jordan Price, and Cedric McAferee. Keeping our talented players on the team was our problem, and I do not hold Ryan Miller responsible for that. Most people believe that he is still an ace recruiter and would make an incredible recruiting force with Coach Bruce Pearl and assistant Tony Jones.

So Ryan Miller is an "ace" recruiter? Perhaps we have different versions of what that terminology exactly means. How many 4* and 5* stud ball players did Miller sign in his time here?

it depends on who is the headman, if Ryan Mill can get a 3* for Babee, he may be able to get two 4* for Pearl.

I still think it stupid to keep anyone from that staff. Clean slate, don't want anything to remain from that dumpster fire.

Wonder if he'll hire Chuck or another former AU player.

I want the best guy-- don't care where he's from.

This!

I trust Coach Pearl to make the right decision. No harm in debating who it could be, but ultimately I have faith he will make a great choice.

Wonder if he'll hire Chuck or another former AU player.

I want the best guy-- don't care where he's from.

I agree, but I'll admit I'd love to see Chuck in and administrative position with the potential to become an assistant at some point down the line. All other things being equal, I'd rather have an Auburn man...but no matter what, I want Pearl to have guys with whom he can mesh and put the best team possible on the court.

SIAP but it looks like Chuck may be hired in an administrative role with an opportunity to also finish his degree.

Brandon Marcello ‏@bmarcello 3h

Chatted with Bruce Pearl today. We could hear something on a new Auburn basketball assistant coach as early as Wednesday.

saw on the free side of auc a little while ago that chuck person was in the athletic complex. Measuring his new office maybe?

Chatted with Bruce Pearl today. We could hear something on a new Auburn basketball assistant coach as early as Wednesday.

saw on the free side of auc a little while ago that chuck person was in the athletic complex. Measuring his new office maybe?

Momadou and Chuck...well consider me tickled to death

I am excited about the assistant coach announcements. I cannot say I paid much attention to this before we got Pearl. This is great!

Chuck is a legit candidate. Momadou was a courtesy interview.

How many assists coaches can coach Pearl have? I know 2 coaches came with Bruce.

That question was asked and answered at the beginning of this thread. Try reading.

Chuck is a legit candidate. Momadou was a courtesy interview.

I figured as much but hey here's hoping

Archived