Pearl Assistants

TIGGR82

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many assists coaches can coach Pearl have? I know 2 coaches came with Bruce.

That question was asked and answered at the beginning of this thread. Try reading.

No need to answer like this. If I remember right, I believe he may have 2 more coaches. He can additionally hire administrative types, and non floor coaches.

How many assists coaches can coach Pearl have? I know 2 coaches came with Bruce.

3 full time on court assistants and a number of administrative assistants

That question was asked and answered at the beginning of this thread. Try reading.

No need to answer like this.

I agree.

Ryan Miller is headed to UNLV to join their staff. Won't be a part of Pearl's bunch here.

That's sad to hear, but I certainly saw this one coming with how long this was taking to play out. I would imagine that Anrio Adams will be joining him at UNLV.

That's sad to hear, but I certainly saw this one coming with how long this was taking to play out. I would imagine that Anrio Adams will be joining him at UNLV.

This doesn't bother me too much. Coach Pearl knows what he wants and I'm sure he will get an excellent staff. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about BB season!!

Since Florida always seems to be in the big dance and has even won it twice, they have some really good coaches / recruiters. Maybe coach Pearl will talk to a coach from UF's staff now that their season is over.

@AUBlog Auburn's @coachbrucepearl announces the hiring of Auburn legend Chuck Person as an assistant coach Monday.

Just came across my timeline a couple minutes ago.

http://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/index.ssf/2014/04/auburn_legend_chuck_person_joi.html

Auburn legend Chuck Person will be an on-the-court assistant for newly-hired coach Bruce Pearl, the school announced Monday afternoon.

Person joins Tony Jones as Pearl's full-time assistant coaches. Pearl's son, Steven, will move down to assistant strength coach in the near future.

"It means everything," Person said of his hiring. "Being in the pros was a lifelong dream as a player and a coach, but to come back to the university where you really made an impact ... to be a part of this staff, to help grow" the program is "really special."

Pearl interviewed 10 candidates to fill his third spot on the staff. An announcement on that hiring has not yet been made.

Person, Auburn's all-time leading scorer is well respected in the NBA ranks. Person has been on Auburn's campus for most of the last two weeks. Pearl even referred to "The Rifleman" during his introductory press conference inside Auburn Arena on March 18.

Person said he will have to adjust to the college game, including recruiting and coaching players. He spent 14 years as an NBA assistant.

"I'm just here to assist," Person said. "We're all coaches."

Person interviewed for the head coaching job at Auburn in 2010, when athletics director Jay Jacobs hired Tony Barbee. Person has not completed his college degree at Auburn.

Person says he will "eventually" get a degree. No timetable has been set on when he will take his remaining classes.

"A degree is very important to me," Person said.

I think far too much is being made over Person not having his degree, and some of these writers spend far too much time in forums like this developing their material.

Ecstatic about Person roaming our sidelines. I think tickets are going to be pretty hard to come by next year

I think D1 head coaches are required to have a BS in something. It's just the next step from him to land a HC position.

Another "BOOM"! :hellyeah::wareagle:

Starting to feel like a fireworks display!

I don't think too much is being made of Chuck not yet having his degree. I think most people can understand why he doesn't. I think it's inspirational for him to want to finish it. (I hope there's not a time limit on his credits though)

I think D1 head coaches are required to have a BS in something. It's just the next step from him to land a HC position.

Well, let's face it, it would look sort of bad to recruit and coach college "student athletes" without completing yours.

The NCAA does not require a bb coach have a college degree, it is left up to the college to determine job qualifications.

Link

I think far too much is being made over Person not having his degree, and some of these writers spend far too much time in forums like this developing their material.

Ecstatic about Person roaming our sidelines. I think tickets are going to be pretty hard to come by next year

+1

“@JayGTate: I can see Chuck Person becoming a top-tier recruiter in short order. His coaching ability already is known. Dual threat.”

It'll be interesting to see if Auburn now offers a scholarship to his nephew, Wesley Person, Jr.

Archived