Pearl Assistants

TIGGR82

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think CBP's son will be under the guidance of one of the best college BB coaches in the country. I do not think for one second that CBP would give his son a job unless junior has the skills to be a very good BB coach. Chuck Person would be a fantastic hire. He is an Auburn man, and would have tons of knowledge of the game.

"@JayGTate: I can see Chuck Person becoming a top-tier recruiter in short order. His coaching ability already is known. Dual threat."

It'll be interesting to see if Auburn now offers a scholarship to his nephew, Wesley Person, Jr.

Believed WP, Jr. signed with Troy

Guest jojo1515

"@JayGTate: I can see Chuck Person becoming a top-tier recruiter in short order. His coaching ability already is known. Dual threat."

It'll be interesting to see if Auburn now offers a scholarship to his nephew, Wesley Person, Jr.

Believed WP, Jr. signed with Troy

Committed. I dont believe he can sign until next Wednesday.

Heck yeah, huge hire!! This is exactly what i( and more than a few others) wanted. Pearl and now The Rifleman? Wow.

Golden is in an admin position and little Pearl is strength and conditioning coach. Still needs one on floor coach. Just saying.

Could happen this week...

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/article/20140407/SPORTS0402/304070026/Pearl-aims-final-hire-week

AUBURN — With one vacancy left to fill, Bruce Pearl hopes to make the final addition to his staff this week.

“If it can be made at the end of this week, that would be great,” Pearl said. “If I miss this particular window for recruiting, we have a four-day window coming up, then we’ll miss it. We’re trying to make the right decision. When it comes to personnel, you’ve got to be diligent and it’s got to be a process.”

While attending the weekend’s Final Four festivities in Dallas, including the annual National Association of Basketball Coaches convention, Pearl interviewed “a dozen” candidates for the final coaching position on his staff.“

What it has basically boiled down to is: We either bring in a well-known recruiter, a basketball coach that I am excited about working with from the standpoint of some systems out there that are new and fresh and are working extremely well, or preferably somebody who could do both,” Pearl said. “I am really, really pleased with the pool of candidates we had.”

I have a family connection to one of Wichita St's assistant coaches in Iowa. Pearl is friends of the some people there and has reached out to one of Wichita's assistants. He'd be a good hire, but I'm not sure if he wants to leave.

I have a family connection to one of Wichita St's assistant coaches in Iowa. Pearl is friends of the some people there and has reached out to one of Wichita's assistants. He'd be a good hire, but I'm not sure if he wants to leave.

Steve Forbes, perhaps?

I thought coach Pearl would have named another coach by now.

Seems it might happen this weekend....Adler from LaSalle....has worked with BP in the past.....

Heard that Adler has been announced today as the last coach on the staff.

I saw this on both Twitter and Rivals.

Archived