Jump to content

Pearl Assistants


TIGGR82
 Share

Recommended Posts





  • 3 years later...
On 3/19/2014 at 8:35 PM, auburn4ever said:

If Bruce can have 4 coaches, he should hire Chuck. Chuck would be icing on the cake for this awesome staff.

Do you still think that?  :dunno:

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, InfernoOrangeSS said:

Do you still think that?  :dunno:

Much as I hate to defend a4e....a lot of us were wrong about that hire.....   One of those things to looked almost too good to be true....and was... There was obviously a lot that we did not know about CP....but also some things we knew about him from his AU days and did not take seriously.  Aside from not being a very good coach, he was also not honest....who would have guessed? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/21/2018 at 8:38 AM, AU64 said:

Much as I hate to defend a4e....a lot of us were wrong about that hire.....   One of those things to looked almost too good to be true....and was... There was obviously a lot that we did not know about CP....but also some things we knew about him from his AU days and did not take seriously.  Aside from not being a very good coach, he was also not honest....who would have guessed? 

CP admitted to getting paid by AU as a player.  But fans and apparently the PTB wanted so badly to be relevant in basketball again that we chose to gloss over the past history of the coaching staff.

Edited by keesler
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

Much as I hate to defend a4e....a lot of us were wrong about that hire.....   One of those things to looked almost too good to be true....and was... There was obviously a lot that we did not know about CP....but also some things we knew about him from his AU days and did not take seriously.  Aside from not being a very good coach, he was also not honest....who would have guessed? 

I totally agree.  I was just poking fun.

:dunno:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, keesler said:

CP admitted to getting paid by AU as a player.  But fans and apparently the PTB wanted so badly to be relative in basketball again that we chose to gloss over the past history of the coaching staff.

I’m not sure what kind of fan this makes me, but I was not aware of CP getting paid as a player until the FBI thing.  I can’t honestly say how I would have felt at his hiring if I had known, but I’d like that think I would have been against it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, keesler said:

CP admitted to getting paid by AU as a player.  But fans and apparently the PTB wanted so badly to be relative in basketball again that we chose to gloss over the past history of the coaching staff.

This is part of the reason i'm giving Pearl a pass on these FBI transgressions (other than i like winning :) )  There was no connection between Pearl and Person until he became the coach at AU. I don't know the details of how and why Person was hired but i imagine he expressed interest in helping with the coaching change and everyone (including myself) thought that would be amazing. Hell i was thinking he'd be a great replacement as HC if Pearl ever left. SO i kinda feel like the AU family brought this on our coach and not the other way around. 

Edited by gravejd
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Person was forced on Pearl by Jay Jacobs.  Pearl is not clean nor is any HC in basketball or football in any big boy athletic program in D1.

 

wde

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

I’m not sure what kind of fan this makes me, but I was not aware of CP getting paid as a player until the FBI thing.  I can’t honestly say how I would have felt at his hiring if I had known, but I’d like that think I would have been against it.

Ask Barkley if he received payments of any kind during his playing days. We all know he will be, and has been truthful.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/21/2018 at 10:31 AM, keesler said:

CP admitted to getting paid by AU as a player.  But fans and apparently the PTB wanted so badly to be relative in basketball again that we chose to gloss over the past history of the coaching staff.

That is the major reason that I believe, IF Bruce Pearl needs any slack granted to him, the AU PTB that supposedly “forced” CP on Pearl owes CBP a pass on anything for which he is not directly responsible?.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2018 at 8:23 AM, AUIH1 said:

Person was forced on Pearl by Jay Jacobs.  Pearl is not clean nor is any HC in basketball or football in any big boy athletic program in D1.

 

wde

:bow:

If the everyday "fan" only knew about the underground system in place, they'd stroke out.  It is what it is and if ANY head coach wants to field a competitive team, they work within the already established system.  AAU basketball is absolutely filthy, it's been that way for years, every program with a player that came from the AAU circuit did under the table, shady s#it to get those signatures.  Teams heavily involved in AAU have people in place with the school, they work through the system to get the players and they have to grease the right hands to even get access to those players/parents.  It costs $$ just to get a face to face meeting with the blue chips & their handlers, to get a foot in the door of momma's living room is mo $$.

Football is becoming just as dirty,  because some of the same runners use the same channel system as they run basketball.  It's rare to see a parent that doesn't have their hand out early when they see the first glimpse of true talent emerge with their kids, and the "legal guardians" are the worst.  They know they have a commodity and they want to "cash in" as early as they can.  

  
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/20/2018 at 5:38 PM, InfernoOrangeSS said:

Do you still think that?  :dunno:

Ha, filling your house full of asbestos was a good idea at one point. :)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, au701948 said:

That is the major reason that I believe, IF Bruce Pearl needs any slack granted to him, the AU PTB that supposedly “forced” CP on Pearl owes CBP a pass on anything for which he is not directly responsible?.

The problem with this is AU's leadership has completely changed at the top and may not have any sympathy towards Pearl for Person being forced on Pearl by the President and AD's predecessors. If they are looking for way to fire Bruce they can skip over that part of how CBP wasn't truly a Bruce hire if they want to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...