Grumps

Austin Wiley 2017 5* PF Enrolls at AU!!! (Updated 12/16/16)

240 posts in this topic

I remember her. She was a great basketball player. If this is her son and he has half of her abilitythen he will be an excellent player.

Also, I just found out that his Dad is Aubrey Wiley, who also played basketball at Auburn. He was from Brantley.

I can see it now,three years from now this kid is our starting power forward, Wesley Person is our shooting guard we are playing Florida for the SEC regular season champion, the Arena is packed. Vicky Orr comes out on the floor with the cheerleaders to be the "guest letter" . I will see yall there War Eagle!!

Yep, that's Aubrey Wiley and Vickie Orr's son. Heard Mark Komara say the other day that the first thing Bruce should do is hire Aubrey as an assistant coach and bring that kid to AU. Apparently Aubrey has been coaching college basketball (Head Women's coach) somewhere. Lawson State maybe??

I believe Aubrey would be a great hire. Also, Aubrey and Vickie's son, Austin, needs to sign with Auburn when the time comes.

Edited by auburn4ever

Auburn lineage already 6'8"and 215 pounds and only a sophomore. He is already thicker them some of our current players assuming normal weight gain and strength he will have a college players body and will be a presence around the boards. A power forward with height and enough meat on his bones to hold his position.

I would love to see this kid come to Auburn when he graduates. Another poster mentioned him and Person's together I would love to see it. I am one of the people who think that we need a pure shooter like Persons.

Not sure why Wiley is listed as a 4 star. I think I just saw on the net that 247, rivals and scout all have him as a 5 star.

Wow. Best recruiting AU BBall has ever seen from my memory. It's a premature assessment, but I believe we are 2 years away from becoming a perennial powerhouse. WDE!

Currently #2 in the country for 2017 recruiting.....in basketball....never seen that before in my life.

Based on one commit.

Updated the title. If all three major recruiting sites are ranking him as a 5-star, I think it's a consensus.

Man basketball was my life growing up. I can't explain how excited I am for the program right now!