Austin Wiley 2017 5* PF Enrolls at AU!!! (Updated 12/16/16)

Grumps

Man basketball was my life growing up. I can't explain how excited I am for the program right now!

This is exactly how I feel

Man basketball was my life growing up. I can't explain how excited I am for the program right now!

This is exactly how I feel

+1

• 3 months later...

Anybody know if the Spain Park vs Mountain Brook basketball game is on TV tonight in Birmingham?

AL.com said its on TV68, but it's not showing up on the guide...?

Anybody know if the Spain Park vs Mountain Brook basketball game is on TV tonight in Birmingham?

AL.com said its on TV68, but it's not showing up on the guide...?

It's on 792 for me (Charter). Just saw it flipping channels (125 channels, nothing worth watching...). Wiley just got a ball in the post, spun, and jammed it home. Kid looks good, but is going to have to work to get up to the speed of college basketball. He lumbers just a little bit.

Finished with 25 points and 14 boards (I think). Gonna be a huge help and the way he runs makes me think he's still growing. He hasn't quite come into his body yet. He's going to be a big, big help inside. Kind of excited thinking about him and Spencer over the next 2-3 years.

• 5 months later...

Going to be one of the most decorated high school players to ever play at AU. I'm betting he leaves AU as one of the best players to ever wear the O&B. No pressure Wiley :)

people VERY close Wiley's situation are confident...

I know it's still JUNE, but that's some good news ;)

Edited by Altima

Lets just get him in school first.

WHAT????? Does every bit of good news that comes our way have to have an * with it? Wliey has grade issues? June or not, CRAP!

WHAT????? Does every bit of good news that comes our way have to have an * with it? Wliey has grade issues? June or not, CRAP!

I'm pretty sure they are just saying to not get too far ahead of ourselves. I don't think he had grade issues. If he did he would be in summer school right now

I'm pretty sure they are just saying to not get too far ahead of ourselves. I don't think he had grade issues. If he did he would be in summer school right now

I don't know. Four straight posts allude to some problem with grades. If there is no problem, I wish one of those four would come back and say it's all a bad joke.

I don't know. Four straight posts allude to some problem with grades. If there is no problem, I wish one of those four would come back and say it's all a bad joke.

No joke. But in the end I think all will be ok.

No joke. But in the end I think all will be ok.

Hope so! That is troubling to hear. This guy is as close to a must get as they come

Looks like Wiley is having a great tournament. I wouldn't be surprised if he jumps higher in the rankings. We have not had a force like him in a long long time, maybe ever.

Looks like Wiley is having a great tournament. I wouldn't be surprised if he jumps higher in the rankings. We have not had a force like him in a long long time, maybe ever.

Good not great overall. Had a tough day yesterday. Also the 2 great games he has had I can't say enough how much those teams are awful.

Hard to get a feel to accurately evaluate big men until they are playing guys their size and strength. Weigh that being said it's usually an over evaluation (if that's actually a word) having bad days playing against guys your age doesn't sound good....

• 4 weeks later...

Wiley scored 30 and pulled in 15 boards in the North/South All Star game in AL last night.  He got North MVP.  Dominating performance.

He was also 2 of 8 from the free throw line, so he should fit in well at Auburn.  j/k