Null



Grumps

Austin Wiley 2017 5* PF Enrolls at AU!!! (Updated 12/16/16)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Gibson SG said:

Wiley scored 30 and pulled in 15 boards in the North/South All Star game in AL last night.  He got North MVP.  Dominating performance.

He was also 2 of 8 from the free throw line, so he should fit in well at Auburn.  j/k

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




I attended a game that Wiley played ... He nailed the vast majority of his FT's ...  The opponent basically did a hack-a-shac on him and he was something like 13/15 at the line, or so it seemed.

I hope this is an aberration and not the game I watched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I attended a game that Wiley played ... He nailed the vast majority of his FT's ...  The opponent basically did a hack-a-shac on him and he was something like 13/15 at the line, or so it seemed.

I hope this is an aberration and not the game I watched.

The game you watched was an aboration. He's not a good FT shooter right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ellitor said:

The game you watched was an aboration. He's not a good FT shooter right now.

That's what I noted in the UL17 play....but if he brings rebounding and shot blocking to Auburn....I'm good with the FT issues for  a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ellitor said:

The game you watched was an aboration. He's not a good FT shooter right now.

Really? I have seen him play on TV a couple of times, once with Spain Park and once with the USA team and he was perfect from the line both games. Granted it was only 4-6 FTs, but he looked comfortable shooting them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Really? I have seen him play on TV a couple of times, once with Spain Park and once with the USA team and he was perfect from the line both games. Granted it was only 4-6 FTs, but he looked comfortable shooting them.

His overall FT stats w/ Team USA were not good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ellitor said:

His overall FT stats w/ Team USA were not good.

10-4. Just saw the final game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jared52 said:

10-4. Just saw the final game.

Just went through the box score for all the games. He was 16-33 from the line in the tournament.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we have enough sense to be all over that khalil Johnson guy who plays for Cleveland Alabama. I really really do. And if we do I hope everybody doesn't want to move him to power forward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cole256 said:

I hope we have enough sense to be all over that khalil Johnson guy who plays for Cleveland Alabama.

Just triple checked. Not a name I heard of for the 2017 class from AU's perspective.

 

We have 2 committed now in Wiley & Mitchell The staff would like to have 4 total and the class mostly done before the November signing period. They are looking at signing a shooting guard & a forward for the last 2 spots. For the shooter they want & feel they will get 1 of 4* Herb Jones of Moundville, AL (6'7, 183) or 4* Efias Harden from Atlanta (6'4, 170). For the big they are going after & feel like they will land 1 of 4* Chuma Okeke of Fairburn, Ga (6'7, 225), 4* Alex Reese of Pelham (6'9, 225), 4* Rayshaun Hammonds of Norcross, Ga (6'7, 190), or 4* Garrison Brooks of Auburn (6'9, 215). Apparently Brooks has had a great Summer so far. I think the staff is most confident about Harden & Okeke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That khalil Johnson kid had like 8 assists the North/South game. Very nice outside shot. If he can handle the ball you have a perfect back court mate to pair with our smaller guards. You put him up there at Syracuse I bet Boheim can make him an NBA pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From everything I read it seems like Jones is a bammer lean? After watching film on both KJ looks to have a better handle, more shooting range and a better defender than HJ. But of course I don't know the variables between the two films such as opponent strength or whatnot. But he's probably not on our radar, and that's a shame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

There are 2 lines of info out on this. 1 is he is trying to catch up on his grades to be ready for the 17-18 season. The other from Hoke on twitter is he's trying to graduate this december so he can play in January of this upcoming 16-17 season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, cole256 said:

My cousin went to some prep schools and it messed him up as far as ncaa clearing him. 

How did it mess him up? Curious, because isn't the main objective of these schools to get kids to colleges?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 trains of thought on the transfer to me. 1. He is going to get his grades in order to be able to get in next year, OR he is trying to upgrade the talent he faces to be one and done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tiger said:

How did it mess him up? Curious, because isn't the main objective of these schools to get kids to colleges?

Certain kids going to play. Everybody knew my cousin was paying D1 since he was in 7th grade. But the different schools and curriculums and all that, bout time you hunt down all the credits if some class wasn't up to par it's too late to make it up and you thought you were good because you made a B in the class two years ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Certain kids going to play. Everybody knew my cousin was paying D1 since he was in 7th grade. But the different schools and curriculums and all that, bout time you hunt down all the credits if some class wasn't up to par it's too late to make it up and you thought you were good because you made a B in the class two years ago

That's what I would've guessed. All the credits not transferring over. That sucks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tiger said:

That's what I would've guessed. All the credits not transferring over. That sucks!

Well hopefully the Wiley's haver that stuff taken care of. They made the decision to transfer 4 or 5 months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The portion of the quote that I found interesting was the comment something to the effect of him not being developed at Spain park ... I don't know if that was a shot at the coach or Bham competition ... Although Spain park did play some out of town folks/tourneys where they were beaten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening to radio yesterday, I think it was more of a shot to talent on his team at SP.  They were talking about how there was not a lot of talent on his team and all the other teams SP played this year would end up just triple teaming him without worry of the other guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 0:06 PM, mustache eagle said:

The portion of the quote that I found interesting was the comment something to the effect of him not being developed at Spain park ... I don't know if that was a shot at the coach or Bham competition ... Although Spain park did play some out of town folks/tourneys where they were beaten

I think it is a shot at the coach, and an accurate one at that.  The coach they let go last year is/was way better at developing players.  He just had bad luck in that 2 of the 4 games they lost that year, Wiley was out with an illness.  One of those happened to be in the area finals.  The old coach took Muscle Shoals to the state championship game this year after they only won 10 or so games the previous year.  The Wiley's were very upset when the coach was let go.  He'd still be at SP if the coach was there.  Neal Barker is the old coach currently coaching at Muscle Shoals.

Edited by Gibson SG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.