2015 4* RB Kerryon Johnson commits to AU!

tombigbeetiger

4_747279.jpg

Kerryon Johnson, RB

Madison, AL (Madison Academy)

Ht: 6-0 | Wt: 185

- Early selection for the 2015 U.S. Army All-American Bowl

- 12 Early BCS offers including 8 from the SEC

- #1 RB target for Auburn in the 2015 class

- Recruiter: Tim Horton

- Visited AU 11/30/13 (Iron Bowl) and 3/29/14

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida State, LSU, Mississippi State, North Carolina, Ole Miss, South Carolina, UAB, USC and Vanderbilt, among others.

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 46)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals100 - No. 50)

Scout: 4*

2013: Johnson finished his junior season with another state championship crown in a win over Leeds (Ala.) High. He accounted for 1,549 yards of total offense (1,018 rushing) and 22 touchdowns. Defensively, Johnson made 36 tackles and five interceptions for the undefeated Mustangs.

2012: As a sophomore, Johnson led Madison Academy to the Class 3A state championship crown after the team finished as the runner-up after the 2011 season. Arguably the top two-way talent in the state regardless of class, he ran for nearly 1,800 yards including 135 in the state title win. Johnson notched 28 touchdowns on the ground, including a pair en route to the MVP trophy at the "Super Six." Defensively, he made a big impact as a safety, capping his season with a pair of interceptions in the championship, returning one 68 yards to the end zone.

http://auburn.scout....c=1&nid=5984836

Hudl Highlight Page

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am watching the stream of MADISON ACADEMY vs LEEDS and I see that MA has a pretty good looking runningback by the name of Johnson (kerryon or something like that)....anybody looking at him, or is he committed anywhere?

I thought we had a thread on him but we don't so I will make this one. His name is Kerryon Johnson. He is a 5* Athlete in the 2015 class and Auburn's top RB target for 2015. FSU is considered the big leader as I believe both his parents and most of his family went to FSU. With that said, as evidenced by the Flipomas thread never count the AU staff out for a player they really want.

I'm from Madison and have been watching this kid for a couple of years. Stellar athlete, makes everyone look bad. Madison Academy usually overmatches their opponents at every position but this kid is special. Also, Malik Miller plays RB as well and I can see him playing D1 as well. Just from looking at him, I'd project KJ as more of a safety, but he can definitely tote the rock too. Friends say he is a heavy AU lean. :wedance:

I'm from Madison and have been watching this kid for a couple of years. Stellar athlete, makes everyone look bad. Madison Academy usually overmatches their opponents at every position but this kid is special. Also, Malik Miller plays RB as well and I can see him playing D1 as well. Just from looking at him, I'd project KJ as more of a safety, but he can definitely tote the rock too. Friends say he is a heavy AU lean. :wedance:

You are absolutely correct, everytime I've watched MA play, Kerryon made everyone look bad. The kid is on a total different level. His running style reminds me a lot of Yeldon actually (don't kill the messenger :laugh: ). Malik Miller (Sophomore) will also be ranked very high, he's not too far behind KJ now.

I can see it already! We sign "Roc" this year and Kerryon next year. We would have "Thunder and Lighting" in the backfield. The RB position looks very good for AU's future.

I can see it already! We sign "Roc" this year and Kerryon next year. We would have "Tunder and Lighting" in the backfield. The RB position looks very good for AU's future.

I'd rather have "Thunder and Lightning" over "Tunder and Lighting." Just a personal preference ;)

If we pull both of those two, it won't matter what nicknames we use: people will still have to respect them! :wareagle:

Can you imagine getting Roc, Karryon, and Malik in back to back to back years?!? I know it's too early to start thinking about that... But after the season we've had, it doesn't hurt to dream!

MM is a sure enough STUD. IYAM, he may be the #1 RB in 2016. I know it's early but he will be up there some where.

Sorry for hijacking...

You are absolutely right about this kid. It's early but he probably needs his own thread.

MM is a sure enough STUD. IYAM, he may be the #1 RB in 2016. I know it's early but he will be up there some where.

Sorry for hijacking...

You are absolutely right about this kid. It's early but he probably needs his own thread.

http://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/135903-2016-ath-malik-miller/

Sorry for hijacking...

http://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/135903-2016-ath-malik-miller/

Ah, many thanks. I'll go ahead and say it, search option is my friend. Ha!!

• 1 month later...

this madison academy beat my Tanner Rattler (2a state champs) the first game of the season. they have size and talent all over the field for 3a( private and recruit) kerryon maybe the best hs rb i have ever seen. he looked much bigger than 185. we could not tackle him very well and certainly couldnt catch him if he made it to the edge. good on defense too.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks we have a couple of 4star and five star rbs looking our way. I want this guy. Looks like a stud.

Will be a hard pull from FSU. Most of his family went there.

Archived